Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996233 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3465 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 17:46:37 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
what if the EU is stronger in 5 or 10 years....
On past form 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
well yes, fair point.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3466 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 18:39:18 »

On past form 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
well yes, fair point.

We should stay and reform the epoo from the inside, then increase the money we give them, so they can give us some back with their blue swasticka on it. Thus save all those fishing jobs in other countries.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3467 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 20:52:48 »

Jeremy Hunt, foreign secretary.

good lord.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3468 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 20:53:07 »

As far as I am concerned the EU is a protectionist anti free trade organisation run by the Germans for the Germans with the French in tow like the playground bully’s best mate. As far as the U.K. is concerned all we are is a cash cow to them, a little foggy island that keeps on paying up all our dues without quibble and following all EU diktats that even the Nazis and Stalin would have been impressed by while the rest of Europe pays lip service to them.

It is breathtakingly corrupt with millions and millions of €’s disappearing and as such the accountants have not and will not sign off the EU accounts and they have not been for decades.

Merkel is struggling to hang on after miscalculating euro wide sentiments regarding migrants from the Middle East and Africa. Letting in god knows who with no real mechanism to sort the ones harmful to the ‘European Project’ or friendly. Though they will rely heavily on the U.K. for our security nouse to help them out. Who the fuck is this woman to welcome 1 million or more ‘migrants’ in unchecked because Germany needs them for their back door economic powergrab and then dictate to everyone how many they have to take in when they’ve been over run.

Do not misunderstand me, there are many good things that have come out of the ‘European Project’ as it is oft referred to. However, like all dictatorships or ‘empires’ if you wish they eventually become hung by their own pertard. Birds home to roost springs to mind.

Where this clusterfuck is falling down and it kind of looks like it is, is this. A) The vote to decide was long overdue. Not because it had been decades since the last one or that the public were essentially lied to to get us in. No, from my viewpoint it was because we the people never had the opportunity or say into the various treaties foisted upon us since our full membership. B) When Cameron (rightly or wrongly) tried to stamp out the threat from Ukip his attempt to tell Merkel el al that their path to glory was not one that the U.K. would likely walk blindfolded and he needed help to sell it, in other words Merkel throw me a few bones to take back. The arrogance of the EU was as expected and we are now where Cameron hopefully told them we would be if they didn’t help him. C) Not fucking working on a plan if we the people said fuck you we’re off, again breath taking arrogance, this time from Cameron and all the others who thought they had it in the bag.

Kind of reminds me of 1969, a warm cosy glow and a smug feeling of I told you so.

I appreciate your points, sort of, even if I disagree with most in terms of impact of immigration.  However, why do you have more trust in the UK parliament than the EU version?  The state we were in that created the original In vote suggests "we", whoever "we" is, are just as likely to fuck it up.  We are, by reports over the past 10 years or so, just as likely to have people corrupted in Power.  Blair seemed like a great hope, then sold all of Europe on a phoney war - who is duped most by the "project"? The Tories love the free trade stuff, but will roll back the protections for the working class as soon as possible and screw the country over just as badly for a penny or two.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 20:54:15 »

good lord.

But at least it isn't some Johnny Foreigner making the decisions, we have at least been able to vote some competent people to run the country for itself into power...............................
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3470 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 21:06:49 »

I do like a laugh Rob, but you've gone too far with that one Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3471 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 22:53:43 »

So, is there time for a General Election? The Tories could be happy for Corbyn to win and leave him to ultimately fuck up Brexit.
If they have any wits about them, they would realise that that is probably their only way out of the clusterfuck they have created - hand the whole shitstorm over to Corbyn and let him carry the can for the mess they have created
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 22:54:20 »

good lord.
Well, it's good news for the NHS anyway
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 23:05:48 »

And our own Justin "Wonga" Tomlinson has been appointed a jr minister in the DWP in the reshuffle.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 04:51:09 »

Britain's membership of the EU makes my life better on a day to day basis, and that is why I'm on the side of staying in.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3475 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 05:54:00 »

Not to say that the EU as organisation is a massive piece of shit. I'd be well up for leaving if there was a proper plan in place.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3476 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 08:22:17 »

Horlock - there is and always has been a clear path for what is now the EU and it does look like a loose Super State - you cannot achieve the original stated goals without harmonisation of policy.  Personally, I'm all for it, countries are useless things, with random lines drawn across the land on maps creating tension and fighting.

But is that not just perpetuating the myth that what the architects of the EU and the incumbent technocrats aspire to can be achieved without the need to go through the EU democratic processes which are actually made up of either MEP's elected by the EU electorate, of the heads of state who are equally elected by the electorate of their home states. On that basis there are a number of countries, including the EU until next March at least, that elected members in either group would never pass any such legislation and thus by extension whatever the aspirations of the federalists it ain't going to happen.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3477 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 08:23:53 »

And our own Justin "Wonga" Tomlinson has been appointed a jr minister in the DWP in the reshuffle.

well, at least he'll be able to plug any short term pension funding issues.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 08:31:49 »

We should stay and reform the epoo from the inside, then increase the money we give them, so they can give us some back with their blue swasticka on it. Thus save all those fishing jobs in other countries.

You do realise that on the whole we have sold our fishing quotas (Spain, NL & Iceland have bought up 90% of Wales’ entire fishing quota & over half England’s.) thus the loss of fishing jobs has almost entirely been down to the greed of those who held quota's (British people) cashing in....

Yesterday was a quite amazing day in politics, I have been racking my brains and I cannot think of another time in history when a PM had a government actually break down because they weren't seen to be actively fucking the country enough...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3479 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 08:42:56 »

But is that not just perpetuating the myth that what the architects of the EU and the incumbent technocrats aspire to can be achieved without the need to go through the EU democratic processes which are actually made up of either MEP's elected by the EU electorate, of the heads of state who are equally elected by the electorate of their home states. On that basis there are a number of countries, including the EU until next March at least, that elected members in either group would never pass any such legislation and thus by extension whatever the aspirations of the federalists it ain't going to happen.

and yet here we are today - a once trading block.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: