Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996261 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 15:10:51 »

If it was that clear-cut May would go for a vote.

How much of this is about humanitarian issues I wonder.

I'm not a fan of supporting the World Police. I'm not a fan of genocide either.

I think it should go to the vote.

This.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3121 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 15:56:24 »

Military intervention should always go to a vote.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 16:40:16 »

There are rules to be followed when killing people at national level.
Guns and bombs are ok. Chemical weapons are not.

So the killing of more people for not killing people in the approved manner should of course be debated.

Sad

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 01:26:59 »

Good fun watch if you can be bothered. Think I got the right one.
Flashheart

« Reply #3124 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 06:17:42 »

I obviously wouldn't want a war with Russia, or anybody for that matter. I can see how Assad needs to be stopped, though. It's a horrible call to make and one that should go to a vote.

Meanwhile, the Saudis continue to kill civilians in Yemen. With our weapons.

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 09:22:36 »

So we'll probably bomb Syria, which has already been bombing Syria with components that come from Britain. Many in favour will be brexiters who voted for that because of Syrian refugees that they don't want here. Surprise surprise there will be a whole lot more of them. All this led by a nutcase US president who does his work via twitter from an account that is more of a parody account than a parody account. It's fucking ridiculous and once Russia get involved will be a bloodbath (not that it isn't already)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 09:30:14 »

I obviously wouldn't want a war with Russia, or anybody for that matter. I can see how Assad needs to be stopped, though. It's a horrible call to make and one that should go to a vote.

Meanwhile, the Saudis continue to kill civilians in Yemen. With our weapons.

Shhhh, don't mention that! Since 2010, Britain has sold arms to 22 of the 30 countries on the Tories very own human rights watch list

Its also quite possible that the chemical weapons being used are also ultimately from a UK source as Cameron granted export licences for various companies to export chemicals which can be combined to make such weapons to Syria 10 months after the uprising began.

For those who love a good old conspiracy to explain things...

https://twitter.com/Lepista/status/984167615831650304
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3127 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 09:30:49 »

So we'll probably bomb Syria, which has already been bombing Syria with components that come from Britain. Many in favour will be brexiters who voted for that because of Syrian refugees that they don't want here. Surprise surprise there will be a whole lot more of them. All this led by a nutcase US president who does his work via twitter from an account that is more of a parody account than a parody account. It's fucking ridiculous and once Russia get involved will be a bloodbath (not that it isn't already)
I agree, unfortunately correct on all counts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 09:45:38 »

We know the world, inc. the UK, is deeply compromised by hypocritical realpolitik and I really don't get how blitzing a couple of military installations linked to chemical weapons would be such a departure.  It might not be right but what exactly is right?

I can see the attraction of leaving Nato and adopting a Swiss style neutrality with a Swiss style military spend but not sure the electorate (or even Corbyn) is ready to for this?
Flashheart

« Reply #3129 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 10:07:03 »

I don't buy the whole 'bombing Syria for bombing Syria' rhetoric. It's rather twee? (The word I'm looking for eludes me). There's a considerable difference between bombing civilians and bombing the military regime that bombed those civilians.

That's not to say I'm necessarily supportive of strikes, history shows it's ineffective, among other things. That particular 'argument', however, just doesn't do it for me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 11:45:56 »

I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can still be living in Syria.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:19:24 »

You're right.  I read that they were mainly now in the EU, especially Italy and Germany - Hungary and the UK not so much.
Flashheart

« Reply #3132 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:28:24 »

It must be difficult for a lot of them to leave as they have jobs, houses, cars etc. Material possessions maybe but how will they support themselves and their families if they uproot and end up in another country where they don't even speak the language? It'll be hard enough even for those that do speak the language.

The Britain first types like to point out that they arrive with mobile phones etc. Well of course they fucking well do, they weren't living in caves. They have houses and lives just as we do, or at least they did until some cunt dropped a bomb on them.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 12:33:01 »

You're right.  I read that they were mainly now in the EU, especially Italy and Germany - Hungary and the UK not so much.

Its interesting that most of the vociferous supporters of this mission, which is apparently to ease suffering in Syria, from within the Tory party, are equally vociferous about not allowing refugees fleeing the conflict into the UK and cutting the aid budget....

Funny that!

The missiles we are planning to fire into Syria are about £800k each, let we have kids not being fed and homelessness through the roof and the NHS going down the shitter due to an apparent lack of money, amazing what May can find down the back of the settee when it suits?
« Last Edit: Friday, April 13, 2018, 13:13:34 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 13:39:12 »

The missiles we are planning to fire into Syria are about £800k each, let we have kids not being fed and homelessness through the roof and the NHS going down the shitter due to an apparent lack of money, amazing what May can find down the back of the settee when it suits?
Surely it would be cheaper to just fire the DUP at Syrian airfields? They definitely class as toxic weapons, so works well on the fitting response front too
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: