Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995411 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2970 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 17:09:51 »

just seems a bit arrogant to me, we'll get this great deal and 27 will be to our whims.

I get it's a negotiating position , but the sheer idiocy in trying to sell that we'll be the one calling all the shots...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2971 on: Friday, March 2, 2018, 17:32:47 »

just seems a bit arrogant to me, we'll get this great deal and 27 will be to our whims.

I get it's a negotiating position , but the sheer idiocy in trying to sell that we'll be the one calling all the shots...

We've got the single biggest military capability of all EU states... and 2 new aircraft carriers, just a shame no planes to go on them... I think we should test the waters by claiming a historic right to the Pale of Calais, which we held for 200 years post Crecy...

Ignore
« Reply #2972 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 12:25:29 »

Literally taking food from the mouths of children now. The coalition with the DUP is dirty, disgusting, shameful.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2973 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 12:47:46 »

Literally taking food from the mouths of children now. The coalition with the DUP is dirty, disgusting, shameful.

Wonder if we'll see any Tory voters come along to justify this move?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2974 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 12:54:31 »

Interestingly when the shit hit the fan up here with ITV (I think) running the story about many kids only having one decent meal a day via the free school meal, the schools often having to feed the parents as well as they couldn't afford food and wash the kids clothes, along with the reemergence of rickets in Morecambe, the local Tory MP claimed that a) people were making it up, despite various GP's surgeries, schools and the local CAB all providing evidence to the contrary and then b) that he was unaware of what was happening in his constituency as he was at Westminster all the time 'fighting for the well being of his constituents, inlcuding the children'....

He voted in favour of the changes, as you can imagine that's gone down well up here....

In more amusing news the responses to Jeremy Hunts tweet regarding the death of Hawking, who was in the process of suing Hunt, make interesting reading....

https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Hunt/status/973831345469345792
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2975 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 12:56:17 »

Just not true though...
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-labour-arent-telling-the-full-story-about-free-school-meals
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2976 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 13:01:27 »

Have you actually read that?
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2977 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 13:02:22 »

Have you actually read that?
Yes
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2978 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:24:11 »

I know what would be a great idea, lets start imposing large fines on people don't have anything to pay them with....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-43397938#

I assume we will be bringing back the workhouse shortly?

Its like nationally they are having a competition as to who can be the greatest clueless and unpleasant cunt and each time someone thinks they have won, another says 'hold my beer!'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2979 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 11:27:16 »

I know what would be a great idea, lets start imposing large fines on people don't have anything to pay them with....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-43397938#

I assume we will be bringing back the workhouse shortly?
Well, presumably the only object of imposing such fines is precisely that the people fined won't be able to pay them so they can be jailed for non-payment of the fines, rather than jailing them directly for being homeless. So pretty much, yeah.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2980 on: Friday, March 16, 2018, 09:57:46 »

Massively sad commentary on what seems acceptable to "the majority" these days.  Poole of course comprises the suburb with the highest coastal land values in the UK, namely Sandbanks of 'Arry fame. 

I guess this is the first world equivalent of the not uncommon practice of "street cleaning", Latin American-style. 

The UN noted this by the Police in Rio before the World Cup/Olympics.  It certainly has been unremarkable for the Rotary Club/Business Guild equivalent to employ private hitmen to clear the streets when feral street children started to lower the tone.

Some of these countries may be too impoverished to tackle the problem at source but you would think Poole could have some better strategies.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2981 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 09:42:07 »

So, the government seems to have arrived at some sort of agreement with the EU, about staying in a bit longer to prevent business crashing and burning.

The swivellers aren't happy.... neither are the DUP.

Liam Fox will also be free to set up trade deals with the likes of the Saudis etc.... I wonder if Putin wants one  Hmmm

Popcorn
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2982 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 09:51:49 »

But at what a cost, we have capitulated on the rights of EU citizens arriving after Brexit, the fall back with NI remaining in the customs union remains (despite being a red line for JRM - I fear that May is a mere figurehead/mouthpiece these days), we will be able to negotiate trade deals, although what country in their right mind will want to negotiate any such thing until they know our trading relationship with the EU is open to question, but I don't think one is supposed to think about it that much.

In other news...

Perhaps Theresa May should start asking questions regarding why JRM's company has substantial holdings in a Russian bank (Sberbank) that is presently subject to sanctions by the US and EU. The sanctions are generally for bombing civilians in Syria, hacking elections, murdering people aboard, shooting down holiday jets.

Funny how this little nugget has been barely reported in the papers, similarly to the £800k the party have received in donations from various oligarchs and the £160k Johnson was paid for playing tennis with the wife of a Russian Minister.... They are very generous these Russians handing over in excess of £1m for nothing in return?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2983 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 11:14:58 »

But at what a cost, we have capitulated on the rights of EU citizens arriving after Brexit, the fall back with NI remaining in the customs union remains (despite being a red line for JRM - I fear that May is a mere figurehead/mouthpiece these days), we will be able to negotiate trade deals, although what country in their right mind will want to negotiate any such thing until they know our trading relationship with the EU is open to question, but I don't think one is supposed to think about it that much.
Not to mention fishing rights that was apparently such a big deal during the Brexit campaign, but now sold down the river (to the sea, presumably)

And in other news when do we get a UK Mueller inquiry into Russian interference in our elections?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43465700

Or with it becoming increasingly apparent that the Tories are being bought and sold by Putin and his inner circle with the casual ease of their dealings in the London property market, perhaps that might uncover answers that some in power (and I suspect in opposition too) wouldn't like.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2984 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 11:30:33 »

Not to mention fishing rights that was apparently such a big deal during the Brexit campaign, but now sold down the river (to the sea, presumably)

I am going to buy a fishing boat shortly, as it appears to be the only industry that matters to any on the Brexiteer side who are wagging the dog at the moment, nice little trawler....
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: