Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 ... 876   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1988378 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2565 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 09:23:59 »

It's Germany.

Well Frau Merkel got re-elected, presumably you welcome the bloc of AfD MP's new to the Bundestag?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2566 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 09:51:49 »

Yeah, fuck off back to Italy, horlock, you pasta-eating traitor. No room for the likes of you in our brave Brexit Britain.

Bye
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2567 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 09:57:25 »

Well Frau Merkel got re-elected, presumably you welcome the bloc of AfD MP's new to the Bundestag?

Probably the most pertinent fact which has been missed in the palaver of yesterday is that despite her policies allowing 1 million plus immigrants into the country Frau Merkel got re-elected....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2568 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 17:10:06 »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/858428/vanis-varoufakis-former-greek-finance-minister-german-election-2017-european-union

I think this bloke knows more about the EU, economics and the direction the EU is going than you or I. As stated, read his book "the weak must suffer what they must". You might learn something you didn't know. It's ok, he's a lefty so it can't be a load of right wing fascist lies.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2569 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 09:13:22 »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/858428/vanis-varoufakis-former-greek-finance-minister-german-election-2017-european-union

I think this bloke knows more about the EU, economics and the direction the EU is going than you or I. As stated, read his book "the weak must suffer what they must". You might learn something you didn't know. It's ok, he's a lefty so it can't be a load of right wing fascist lies.

Sorry, the minute one quotes the Express (who don't respect the guy enough to even spell his name correctly in the URL, possibly as he is a lefty and their stock trade is right wing fascist lies) as a credible and unbiased source regarding anything to do with the EU one forfeits the argument.

Varoufakis was made to look a bit of a tit by the Germans which would rather explain his hostility to them and BTW if Varoufakis is so anti EU why did he back the remain campaign in the UK?
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #2570 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 16:52:42 »

Probably the most pertinent fact which has been missed in the palaver of yesterday is that despite her policies allowing 1 million plus immigrants into the country Frau Merkel got re-elected....

Yes this seems to be a trend theses days.
May lost the election to Corbyn; er no not really.
Merkel lost the election to the AfD; er no not really
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2571 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 18:51:45 »

Sorry, the minute one quotes the Express (who don't respect the guy enough to even spell his name correctly in the URL, possibly as he is a lefty and their stock trade is right wing fascist lies) as a credible and unbiased source regarding anything to do with the EU one forfeits the argument.

Varoufakis was made to look a bit of a tit by the Germans which would rather explain his hostility to them and BTW if Varoufakis is so anti EU why did he back the remain campaign in the UK?

I'll say it again. Read the book, rather than The Daily Mirror, The Gaurdian, Independant or Observer then you'll find out won't you? The fact that the DE picked up his comments is neither here nor there. The fact is he understands what's happening and why. I'm on the right and a brexiteer but I agree with a lot of what he says. Maybe I have an open mind and am prepared to explore the stuff that does not hit the sensationalist headlines in the mainstream papers. In a similar vein is the hysteria over Trump. I was asked what I thought about him a few times recently on holiday in the states. My reply was "I don't know the bloke. What's he saying about me? I read what's reported but as my old chap used to say. Believe half what you hear and all what you see. Besides, your countrymen voted for him, you deal with it we have enough going on on our side of the pond." The shit spouted out about him in this country is baffling, particularly on social media. Maybe it's true maybe it's not. What it is is not my problem, I can't change what another country voted so why get vexed about it?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2572 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 19:03:49 »

I'll say it again. Read the book, rather than The Daily Mirror, The Gaurdian, Independant or Observer then you'll find out won't you? The fact that the DE picked up his comments is neither here nor there. The fact is he understands what's happening and why. I'm on the right and a brexiteer but I agree with a lot of what he says. Maybe I have an open mind and am prepared to explore the stuff that does not hit the sensationalist headlines in the mainstream papers. In a similar vein is the hysteria over Trump. I was asked what I thought about him a few times recently on holiday in the states. My reply was "I don't know the bloke. What's he saying about me? I read what's reported but as my old chap used to say. Believe half what you hear and all what you see. Besides, your countrymen voted for him, you deal with it we have enough going on on our side of the pond." The shit spouted out about him in this country is baffling, particularly on social media. Maybe it's true maybe it's not. What it is is not my problem, I can't change what another country voted so why get vexed about it?

Yes because Trump's actions have no impact on the Uk at all right?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2573 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 19:05:01 »

Yes because Trump's actions have no impact on the Uk at all right?
Right!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2574 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 19:37:13 »

I can confirm Trump is a nutcase.  How will he impact you?  Well the current Boeing issue will impact quite a few people working at Bombardier I would imagine, so while maybe not you as an individual, his trade policies will be something nations will have to be wary of.  Fortunately, what seems to have actually happened is nobody in either party knows how to handle the situation so nothing is getting done.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2575 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 08:12:31 »

Right!

I suspect a large number of people in Northern Ireland don't agree with you.....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2576 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:37:24 »

He's a Tory, if if doesn't directly affect him and him alone he doesn't care

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2577 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 09:57:04 »

Bringing two recent topics from this thread together, the US decision to apply tariffs to goods supplied by Bombadier does rather expose the fallacy perpetuated by some on the right of the Tory party - those advocating a 'no deal' Brexit - that the UK would compensate for new trade restrictions with the EU by making deals with countries outside the EU.

As this episode highlights, the countries with whom these deals would need to be made will not be falling over themselves to hand the UK a deal that works brilliantly for the UK.  They will have their own agendas, and will be acting in their own national interest.  Sovereignty will be regained following the EU exit, but at a massive price.  It will cost money, and jobs.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 10:04:04 by Ardiles » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2578 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 10:19:34 »

Bringing two recent topics from this thread together, the US decision to apply tariffs to goods supplied by Bombadier does rather expose the fallacy perpetuated by some on the right of the Tory party - those advocating a 'no deal' Brexit - that the UK would compensate for new trade restrictions with the EU by making deals with countries outside the EU.

As this episode highlights, the countries with whom these deals would need to be made will not be falling over themselves to hand the UK a deal that works brilliantly for the UK.  They will have their own agendas, and will be acting in their own national interest.  Sovereignty will be regained following the EU exit, but at a massive price.  It will cost money, and jobs.

I would imagine that the US, unlike the average Tory have also noted that the UK is rather more dependent for employment on Boeing (c.16,500 UK employees in supply chain) than Bombardier...

He's a Tory, if if doesn't directly affect him and him alone he doesn't care

However the real interest stems from the Tories very precarious parliamentary position, in light of keeping Ms Foster happy are NI jobs (Bombardier) now more important than English (Boeing) ones.....

Be interesting to see what takes priority, keeping the right wing in power at whatever cost, or the good of the country.....  Hmmm
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2579 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 10:24:17 »

That's a rhetorical question, no?

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 ... 876   Go Up
Print
Jump to: