Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 876   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1988512 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2505 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:56:18 »

have to say I like the look of the Tesla S 100D 0-60! not the price so much.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2506 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 16:03:09 »

Nobody will bat an eyelid until 2030, and then when they run their government scrappage scheme in 2035 everyone will be lapping it up, like they did a few years back.

There has to be some vast improvements over the next 20 years on electical infrastructure and cars to have any hope of hitting their target..

This is of course an EU initiative, which the government is having to conform to, out of threat of legal action. Therefore I don't suppose the likes of Gove and Grayling are trailing this out of some green conversion, but rather they think they can avoid it after Brexit.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2507 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 16:55:31 »

Nobody will buy a car within 10 years at least if they fear it'll have to be scrapped

I think its only banning 'new' cars at that date no scrappage scheme is proposed!

Ultimately we will all be driving flying machines powered by hydrogen cells or something by that date anyway.

Pointless policy rolled out by a government devoid of ideas who want to give the media a scrap to feed on so they stop asking difficult questions about current (see what I did there) matters that actually matter!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2508 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 02:54:37 »

I think its only banning 'new' cars at that date no scrappage scheme is proposed!

Ultimately we will all be driving flying machines powered by hydrogen cells or something by that date anyway.

Pointless policy rolled out by a government devoid of ideas who want to give the media a scrap to feed on so they stop asking difficult questions about current (see what I did there) matters that actually matter!

I shouldn't get to vexed about this, most of you cunts will either be dead, in a home or on planet Janet. STFC will still be in Div 2 and the council and the then owners will still be squabbling over the heap that is SN1
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2509 on: Thursday, July 27, 2017, 07:14:55 »

Ah, seems hybrid are currently not included.

That covers the range issue
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2510 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 10:23:00 »

So when May is out of the country, Hammond tells us the reality penny (not euro) has dropped and there's zero chance of negotiating Brexit without a "transitional arrangement" which could last years... so a sort of hokey cokey Brexit. In...out...in ...out, shake it all about.

Further a respected think tank report on the effect of a hard or soft Brexit on the economic prospects of the UK's urban areas, predicts that Swindon would be the 4th most adversely affected.

A soft Brexit would be more benign, however would promote us to the 2nd most adversely affected urban area in the UK, behind Aberdeen.

I guess, this is manifest in the difficulty SBC gets in trying to attract inward invesment for the town centre.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2511 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 19:24:24 »

Keir Starmer, positioning himself as the next Tony Blair.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #2512 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 20:39:18 »

Prime Minister for a decade?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2513 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 21:35:31 »

No, two faced lieing smarmy lawyer cunt.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2514 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 22:19:26 »

Keir Starmer, he's just an ironed Gordon Ramsey.......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2515 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:22:33 »

Keir Starmer, he's just an ironed Gordon Ramsey.......

Whatever Starmer is like as a personality, he does seem to have manoeuvred the Labour Party into accepting the need for a soft Brexit.

This is important.

Clearly there are figures in the Tories who would lke to do this, but are stuck with the swivel eyed loons, who seek the cliff edge and the arms of Trump.

The Tory Conference is going to be unusually interesting....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2516 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:24:46 »

Whatever Starmer is like as a personality, he does seem to have manoeuvred the Labour Party into accepting the need for a soft Brexit.

Has he, its all rather smoke and mirrors as the announcement over the weekend only relates to a transition period that may (or may not) even happen.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2517 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:37:42 »

Has he, its all rather smoke and mirrors as the announcement over the weekend only relates to a transition period that may (or may not) even happen.....

The transition period is bound to happen.  At this stage as an opposition all that needs outlining is the general strategy...its the Tories who own Brexit.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #2518 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 20:03:24 »

As I recently posted in the Books, books, booksy thread.

Read Yannis Varoufakis 'And the weak must suffer what they must'

Whilst being a conservative council house kid on average wages who has always vehemently hated the EU on so many levels (fuck immigration, my late father is Anglo Indian) I have felt more than vindicated in voting to leave. Now, that is not to say there are some good things to come out of the EU, indeed there are good things that come out of Labour... however, on balance and thinking of a bigger picture, for the future, the € in its current guise is doomed, seriously read the book. Yannis is left wing! The EU has had many chances to reform its self but unfortunately it's like ground hog day. History shows learning from previous mistakes is no guarantee of making good. Indeed putting a square peg into around hole merely shows that it can be done, not how much fettling and tweaking was used to make it fit, badly, but a fit never the less.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #2519 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 20:17:41 »

Totally agree with Varoufakis. He nailed it in back in May with this article - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/03/the-six-brexit-traps-that-will-defeat-theresa-may
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 ... 876   Go Up
Print
Jump to: