Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995757 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2490 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 07:30:22 »

Well dear, it is because the Tories are more likely to be Racist, or chauvinistic, as that is what right wing really means, most of them are Racist under the surface so it's unsurprising people commenting when they show their true colours.

You really should take more interest in politics,  men like that in a young lady.

Fucking hell. I don't even know where to start with that other than you should probably watch where you're throwing those chauvinistic stones or you'll cause major structural damage to your glass house.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2491 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 07:57:39 »

This is why people like me are turned off politics. Someone says something and you get responses like "yeah, but it's to be expected from those cunts" or "yeah but the opposition said worse"
Don't think anyone did react like that did they?

EDIT: Missed Audrey's comment. Well apart from Audrey being a Bellend then?

Someone said something fucking disgusting. It's not acceptable. It doesn't matter if she was a Tory MP or a fucking Clanger.
Quite
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2492 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 09:24:34 »

Don't think anyone did react like that did they?

EDIT: Missed Audrey's comment. Well apart from Audrey being a Bellend then?
Quite

Think Ells is having a little dig at my comment that it isn't important in the grand scheme of things. For example, on the same day, a bit of a parliamentary storm is brewing over the UK leaving Euratom. For those unaware it's the Euro wide body that regulates the movement etc of nuclear material

This seems to be one of those unintended consequence things.... you don't need to be in the EU to be in it, but it is administered by ECJ, hence why we're leaving. The sort of consequence, will be increased difficulty in getting isotopes for use in chemo for cancer patients etc

Labour/Lib Dems wants us to stay, and several Tory MP's also....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2493 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 09:35:43 »

So I missed Audrey's comment and I missed yours too. Think I'm going senile Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2494 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 13:31:27 »

Irrelevant on where one stands on Brexit this is getting fucking embarrasing for both the government and the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40571123

Should they not be reporting the fact that we appear to have no plan instead of publicising Boris's dog whistles to the right of his party. The fact that there appears to be no risk or contingency planning (and in fact pride that there isn't apparently) would be frightening for a SME, let alone a government.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2495 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 14:47:52 »

Irrelevant on where one stands on Brexit this is getting fucking embarrasing for both the government and the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40571123

Should they not be reporting the fact that we appear to have no plan instead of publicising Boris's dog whistles to the right of his party. The fact that there appears to be no risk or contingency planning (and in fact pride that there isn't apparently) would be frightening for a SME, let alone a government.

Teling Johnny Foreigner to fuck off always plays well with the British electorate.... a good war (Falklands) even better. Blair wasn't ejected by the electorate by a bad war (Iraq.)

If Boris declares war on France he'd be a shoo in for PM.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2496 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10:39:09 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/13/saudi-arabia-boosting-extremism-in-europe-says-former-ambassador

Fancy going from dealing with the Saudis to dealing with Jed et al.... obviously not el al.

I'm not certain about this government ruling that we shouldn't know who funds domestic terrorism... clearly the Tories want to carry on selling arms to the Saudis, Qataris etc as their share portfolios would suffer, and because they're "smart" weapons, they obviously don't bomb Yemeni schools, hospitals etc, which wouldn't be cricket.

But should we be selling them arms if there's a clear smoking gun to domestic terrorist cells  Hmmm

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2497 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10:43:49 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/13/saudi-arabia-boosting-extremism-in-europe-says-former-ambassador

Fancy going from dealing with the Saudis to dealing with Jed et al.... obviously not el al.

I'm not certain about this government ruling that we shouldn't know who funds domestic terrorism... clearly the Tories want to carry on selling arms to the Saudis, Qataris etc as their share portfolios would suffer, and because they're "smart" weapons, they obviously don't bomb Yemeni schools, hospitals etc, which wouldn't be cricket.

But should we be selling them arms if there's a clear smoking gun to domestic terrorist cells  Hmmm
Any government of any political stripe will tell you that irrespective of any differences on social and economic policy etc etc, any government's first priority must be to protect it's own citizens. Unless, of course, that might interfere with large corporates or significant party donors making a profit or upset wealthy allies and backers, in which case, of course, ordinary citizens can go swivel. Pass the caviar, Theresa
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2498 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:12:44 »

So the Government is being forced into a policy of halting the sale of all petrol and diesel motors by 2040. Not soon enough argue Greens, but does seems at least an effort to confront reality. What say you petrolheads?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2499 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:37:43 »

Back to horse and cart, I reckon.

So how many years before 2040 will manufacturers stop making petrol/diesel cars and, more importantly, when will buyers stop purchasing them. Nobody will buy a car within 10 years at least if they fear it'll have to be scrapped

And what happens to all those oil producing countries whose economy is wholly dependent on it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2500 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:46:54 »

Back to horse and cart, I reckon.

So how many years before 2040 will manufacturers stop making petrol/diesel cars and, more importantly, when will buyers stop purchasing them. Nobody will buy a car within 10 years at least if they fear it'll have to be scrapped

And what happens to all those oil producing countries whose economy is wholly dependent on it

Volvo have announced they're stopping petrol from 2019. BMW have announced today, I believe, that the Gypsy Lane plant is reprieved by the electric mini which despite Brexit, will be assembled in Cowley.

The OPEC countries have always known there will come a time.... which is why they have invested in other stuff.  Not sure Man City is a winner, and the Salafist doctrine we can probably do without.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2501 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:50:47 »

Problem is electric cars aren't quite yet fit for purpose, just ok for short journeys and commuting.

Until they solve speed of 'fuelling' and/or range they are a bit shit for anything else.

I'm sure it'll be solved by 2040 though, a 500 mile car should be ample. Must be getting closer.

obviously going to have to do better than lithium mind being a limited resource...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2502 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:52:09 »

Nobody will bat an eyelid until 2030, and then when they run their government scrappage scheme in 2035 everyone will be lapping it up, like they did a few years back.

There has to be some vast improvements over the next 20 years on electical infrastructure and cars to have any hope of hitting their target..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2503 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:52:21 »

Sturgeon! Will someone think of the Sturgeon!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2504 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:54:23 »

Problem is electric cars aren't quite yet fit for purpose, just ok for short journeys and commuting.

Until they solve speed of 'fuelling' and/or range they are a bit shit for anything else.

I'm sure it'll be solved by 2040 though, a 500 mile car should be ample. Must be getting closer.

obviously going to have to do better than lithium mind being a limited resource...

The reason for 23 year window, is so that technologies can be improved... oh I see you've said that  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: