Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2014430 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 14:44:41 »

I thought there was about a dozen standing. Got to be someone's whose ideas chime  Hmmm surely?

Didn't the news come out recently that the Green candidate is being monitored by GCHQ and M15, that would get my vote.

There is a dozen. You've got the usual wackjobs (BNP, Britain First, Cannabis is safer than alcohol, One Love Party, Women's Equality Party, and George Galloway's Respect party) but in reality it's going to be between Goldsmith (Tory) and Khan (Labour). Interestingly the more the opposition play the Islamic Extremist card on Khan, the more popular he seems to get.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 15:42:08 »

I note Sonic got a mention on the Adver's election live blog...

I think you have me confused with Yeovil.

I'll be voting for Khan if only to stop Goldsmith.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1577 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 16:14:21 »

I'm voting Labour in South Swindon because they've promised to cancel the Tory plan to sell off Lydiard House.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 16:40:18 »

I think you have me confused with Yeovil.

I'll be voting for Khan if only to stop Goldsmith.

So I have, turns out the local elections aren't on in Norway...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:00:11 »

Local councils should all be non-political with an independent elected mayor.

The pool of good quality people to run things is so small that to dilute it even further by restricting it to members of a political party seems ridiculous.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:02:09 »

I have the added pleasure of voting for a mayor. A small number of stupid Bristolians (27% turn out) being smug enough to think we needed a similar set up to London.

I didn't vote for our current mayor in 2012 and after almost 4 years, he's done nothing to earn my vote in 2016.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:13:06 »

I'm voting Labour in South Swindon because they've promised to cancel the Tory plan to sell off Lydiard House.
Mike Bowden, who appeared in another thread on here, is involved in trying to stave off the sale.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:31:33 »

Mike Bowden, who appeared in another thread on here, is involved in trying to stave off the sale.

You may be mixing Mr Whippy up with....Mike Bawden, veteran Tory now ex councillor
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:33:42 »

I have the added pleasure of voting for a mayor. A small number of stupid Bristolians (27% turn out) being smug enough to think we needed a similar set up to London.

I didn't vote for our current mayor in 2012 and after almost 4 years, he's done nothing to earn my vote in 2016.

A friend of mine has been actively campaigning for Marvin for months.  The incumbent certainly seems a 'Marmite' candidate.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:36:51 »

You may be mixing Mr Whippy up with....Mike Bawden, veteran Tory now ex councillor
No. I've met Mike Bowden a couple of times recently and he's definitely involved with Save Lydiard Park.

Unfortunately, I have also had dealings with Mike Bawden in the past. The cunt did me for £7000.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:38:46 »

A friend of mine has been actively campaigning for Marvin for months.  The incumbent certainly seems a 'Marmite' candidate.

Lots of people like George Ferguson. However, lots of people will come out to vote against him.

Still wouldn't surprise me with Ferguson pips Marv.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 18:34:27 »

I voted Labour today purely because their candidate was the only one that had apparently bothered to publish his pledges about local issues (and I agreed with them) and has been canvassing in the area.

I couldn't find anything from the Tory or Lib Dem candidates apart from a very brief paragraph in the Advertiser and I'm not voting for them if I don't know what they stand for.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1587 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 19:31:27 »

I voted for Pajak, who also happens to live in my ward and was unsurprised to see he was the only candidate at the polling station when I turned up at 7:20 this morning.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1588 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 19:34:47 »

The Evening Standard is reporting that Sadiq Khan will win in London.

I'd cringe with embarrassment, to tell the truth, if Goldsmith was elected.  Already enough entitled, Old Etonians in a positions of influence.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 20:43:39 »

I have not voted at all today, firstly the police commissioner position should not be a political one as it is now in Wiltshire.  I did not vote in the local elections as only one candidate bothered to knock on my door and that was the tory (he was with our mp Justin Tomlinson - minister for Wonga) and I politely told him I would not be voting for anybody - present day Labour are unelectable in my opinion and the tory would never get my vote.  The local labour candidate did push a very cheaply produced flyer through the door but that was not enough to convince me.  The Minister for Wonga did tell me he was voting OUT in the EU referendum - so we did agree on something!!!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: