Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995862 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #1065 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 08:42:13 »

It's a fucking banner. A banner stating your supposed political affiliation or some other opinion wouldn't have any effect on your life.

I hate politics on any level, but I'm aware there are bigger things to worry about than whether an opposition fan, who I've never met (and likely never will) believes that I support a few inoffensive words written on a banner held aloft by some of my fellow supporters.

People just need a reason to moan.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 08:48:11 »

If I got a banner and said 'We don't want refugee's', I would probably get sent to prison...

I don't have an opinion on it either way, but it's the same principle.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 08:54:39 »

If I got a banner and said 'We don't want refugee's', I would probably get sent to prison...

Fully deserved for the superfluous apostrophe..
Skinny Pete

« Reply #1068 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 08:55:06 »

It's a fucking banner. A banner stating your supposed political affiliation or some other opinion wouldn't have any effect on your life.

I hate politics on any level, but I'm aware there are bigger things to worry about than whether an opposition fan, who I've never met (and likely never will) believes that I support a few inoffensive words written on a banner held aloft by some of my fellow supporters.

People just need a reason to moan.
So what if the banner said something you didn't want to be associated with.

Banners are fine if an individual is brandishing it outside where people can see who is holding it and can then choose to be associated with it.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #1069 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 09:21:27 »

No you wouldn't.  Doh
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #1070 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 09:23:36 »

Fully deserved for the superfluous apostrophe..

In which case you should go too for the superfluous full stop.   Smiley
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 14:15:28 »

The last election proved that a party with a left-leaning, anti-austerity agenda is the only thing that can stand up to the conservatives. If Labour had been true to their roots they would have kept the Scottish seats and had a good go in England too. No one voted for them because they are just Tory-lite and no real alternative.

It proved no such thing.  The notion that Middle England will support a far left-leaning Labour Party over the Tories simply because the Scots kicked out the Labour party is an absurd extrapolation. There is no proof either way but the historical evidence of the previous 7 general elections suggests completely the opposite.  Why should an electorate that rejected Foot, Kinnoch and Brown but supported Blair in their millions support Corbyn?  It is this kind of wishful thinking that will keep a Tory government in power for the foreseeable future to the detriment of the very people that the left claims to care about. 
DRS

« Reply #1072 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 14:29:17 »

It proved no such thing.  The notion that Middle England will support a far left-leaning Labour Party over the Tories simply because the Scots kicked out the Labour party is an absurd extrapolation. There is no proof either way but the historical evidence of the previous 7 general elections suggests completely the opposite.  Why should an electorate that rejected Foot, Kinnoch and Brown but supported Blair in their millions support Corbyn?  It is this kind of wishful thinking that will keep a Tory government in power for the foreseeable future to the detriment of the very people that the left claims to care about. 
I have highlighted my concerns regarding your post and feel you need to answer something.

What's that mean?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 14:59:22 »

I have highlighted my concerns regarding your post and feel you need to answer something.

What's that mean?

In mathematics, extrapolation is the process of estimating, beyond the original observation range, the value of a variable on the basis of its relationship with another variable.

**disclaimer**  This was a google search and not off of the top of my head..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DRS

« Reply #1074 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 15:07:02 »

Cheers mate. Why didn't he just fucking say that then
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 15:20:27 »

A YouGov poll at the weekend, found a majority for the first time in favour of leaving the EU.

I can see Cameron trying to wriggle his way out of this rather than hold a referendum.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #1076 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 15:23:42 »

Hope not. We got to get the funk out of there!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Monday, September 7, 2015, 16:02:18 »

Cheers mate. Why didn't he just fucking say that then

Because he wanted to come across all intelligent, innit!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 15:26:31 »

A YouGov poll at the weekend, found a majority for the first time in favour of leaving the EU.

I can see Cameron trying to wriggle his way out of this rather than hold a referendum.

Don't be silly...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 16:51:17 »

Don't be silly...

Cameron made a political decision to hold a referendum; he didn't make the decision expecting to lose.

If the referendum was held this week he would lose, therefore it's not beyond the realms of possibility, there may be a delay or similar.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: