Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995846 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:18:43 »

I keep getting flyers from Labour about saving the NHS.

One of the Tory threats to the NHS they list is "waiting lists at their highest levels for six years".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be 2009 - after 12 years of Labour running and spending money on the NHS?

They are also guaranteeing cancer tests/results in a week and GP appointments within 48 hours. What happens if these guarantees are broken? Do I get compensation? Can I sue Labour for breach of contract and damages?

Dislike Labour.

But.....if the big corp (Tory mates) pay tax in full (on time) we could build a lot of extra hospitals etc etc etc.

Swings and magic roundabouts.

I hate them all..

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:29:43 »

Dislike Labour.

But.....if the big corp (Tory mates) pay tax in full (on time) we could build a lot of extra hospitals etc etc etc.

Swings and magic roundabouts.

I hate them all..

Yeah but tax evasion has only been going on since 2010, that why Labour want to do something about it now instead of when they had the chance previously...

This did make me chuckle http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/politicians-t-shirt.html
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:36:19 »

Yeah but tax evasion has only been going on since 2010, that why Labour want to do something about it now instead of when they had the chance previously...

This did make me chuckle http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/politicians-t-shirt.html

Or the Tories before that....and...and..and...

As I said, I hate them all.

Old Tory tradition....I would rather eat a bowl of shit from the Tories than three off labour....it's still shit!

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:43:26 »

Or the Tories before that....and...and..and...

As I said, I hate them all.

Old Tory tradition....I would rather eat a bowl of shit from the Tories than three off labour....it's still shit!

Indeed although I will have a wander down the street later to exercise my right to be constitutionally ignored. 30 year old career politician getting in here for Labour, cannot find any evidence of a 'real' job on her CV - should be interesting.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:47:03 »

http://t.co/1y38A55ByN

Enjoy. Post your politician faces please.

Here's my Ed Miliband face:

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 08:58:48 »

Indeed although I will have a wander down the street later to exercise my right to be constitutionally ignored. 30 year old career politician getting in here for Labour, cannot find any evidence of a 'real' job on her CV - should be interesting.

Or milliband.....or the eaton rifles ....Cameron etc

Clems Army!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #666 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 09:39:36 »

We've had a Tory rising star parachuted into our constituency to replace the retiring Tory MP who went to so few debates I don't think he actually realised he was one. The new cocknut used to be one of Cameron's PR guys and has been here all of 5 weeks but proclaims to be local. Him and all his cronies came in the pub a while back and the question was put to him as to why he thinks he represents us and what he understands about our day to day lives and he replied that 'driving around my new constituency I've used a lot of petrol in the Range Rover. It's bigger than I thought.'

Dick.

Should probably add we're a safe Tory seat in these parts. Too many rich ex-city types or stuck-in-the-mud locals to not be.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 10:10:47 by Honkytonk » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 10:05:13 »

Quite busy down at eldene community centre where I've just done my voting.
Even if it's only to spoil the paper, people should make the effort I think.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #668 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 10:17:22 »

Quite busy down at eldene community centre where I've just done my voting.
Even if it's only to spoil the paper, people should make the effort I think.
So many people don't bother and then go on and moan about the price of living and taxes etc.

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain about the cost of living/petrol/anything really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 11:39:54 »

Just been to vote in Bedford, it was really busy in my polling station.

We have the most things to vote on here i think, i had 4 different votes -

General Election
Local Council
Elected Mayor
Yes or No Referendum on 15.8% rise in police costs in Council Tax

Some people also have a 5th vote, as Parish Council elections are today here as well.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 11:51:06 »

So many people don't bother and then go on and moan about the price of living and taxes etc.

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain about the cost of living/petrol/anything really.

Unwittingly you've just conceded that voting makes no difference. All it does is allow you the right to "complain".

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #671 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 12:20:16 »

Voting is just one form of being politically active. Never got my head around the no vote = no right to complain argument.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 12:20:32 »

In my book you have more right to complain than those that voted the fookers in.

Sorry if I repeat myself FB'ers, but I refuse to vote for a party on the basis of being the least shit when they have policies I fundamentally disagree with.

I do recognise the right to vote is important, so I walked to the polling station and spoiled my paper with "none"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #673 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 12:26:44 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 12:30:10 »

In my book you have more right to complain than those that voted the fookers in.

Sorry if I repeat myself FB'ers, but I refuse to vote for a party on the basis of being the least shit when they have policies I fundamentally disagree with.

I do recognise the right to vote is important, so I walked to the polling station and spoiled my paper with "none"

Yes, not voting, particularly in large numbers, has its own merits and is in itself a form of protest. There's nothing politicians like better than a high turnout because it legitimises their system.

A classic example of this is the very low turnout, and exceptionally high number of spoiled ballot papers, with Police Crime Commissioners - an exercise which is now widely seen as a failure due to the lack of interest.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: