Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996497 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 19:05:28 »

Gonna be close overall and I reckon Swindon will be split, Tories winning the north and Labour the south.

That's interesting.  I've not lived in Swindon for a long time, but when I did South Swindon (incl Old Town, the Lawns, Liden etc.) was definitely seen as more likely to vote Tory than North Swindon.

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 19:10:57 »

That's interesting.  I've not lived in Swindon for a long time, but when I did South Swindon (incl Old Town, the Lawns, Liden etc.) was definitely seen as more likely to vote Tory than North Swindon.
I'm not sure where they draw the line in terms of north-south divide. North had a pretty big margin last time that I don't think Labour can overhaul. But in the south it was closer and Anne Snelgrove has been running a busy campaign. I think she will edge out Buckland.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 19:48:33 »

Buckland had a 5% swing in 2010 (3,500 votes). The reorganisation of constituency boundaries certainly helped the Tories. It'll be close, no doubt, but that's a lot for Labour to win back.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 19:49:43 »

And over this side of town I've seen or heard nothing from Snelgrove but plenty from Buckland.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 20:20:34 »

And over this side of town I've seen or heard nothing from Snelgrove but plenty from Buckland.

Same in the North.  I don't even remember the name of the labour candidate.  Mark something?

I think Justin Tomlinson is pretty safe over here.  He had a good margin last time and as politicians go he seems a reasonable chap and his campaign has been far stronger.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 20:35:17 »

Some of today's front pages.  So much for a free press.

Why is it that the multi-billionaire owners of these newspapers openly hate the top-rate-tax-rising, non-dom-abolishing, mansion-taxing, Leveson-supporting Labour party...

Just cannot understand why any normal, working person would vote Tory over any of the alternatives.

I wouldn't trust Miliband and his cronies to run a corner shop let alone the country.

Labour used to be the working man's party, but there is more privately educated people in the Labour front bench, than there are in the Tories.

Most of Miliband's 'policies' are soundbites. I've lost count how many things this 'Mansion Tax' is supposed to pay for, and that 'MiliStone' was an absolute joke. They will control immigration... don't make me laugh.

They always say that they are the party of the NHS, but they were the ones who gave GP's a nice big pay rise, and were able to opt-out on out of hours work, which they did, and now you cannot get an appointment within a week, unless you're lucky. And the Welsh Labour party are doing a wonderful job is running the NHS in Wales. The waiting lists are so long that people are moving to England to get treatment quicker.

And do we really want Ed Balls in charge of of the Exchequer. Hell, he cannot even pay someone without bouncing cheques. Don't forget he was an advisor to Brown when he sold most of our gold on the cheap, and has spent the last 5 years having a dig at everything the coalition did, and always being wrong.

And don't forget the last time Labour were in power they left a note saying 'There is no money left'...and Miliband cannot even admit they overspent last time.

The coalition were not perfect, but considering what was left to them, they've done a pretty good job.

Yes, they should stop tax evasion, especially with companies dumping money in tax havens, but that is a world problem and not just in the UK. They also need to simplify the tax rules to stop millionaires exploiting the system, and tax 'advisors' like nothing better to try and save money for their paymasters.

How right is it that millionaire footballers pay only 23% tax on their 'image rights', when they are paid direct to their own company? They can afford to pay a few extra quid into the coffers.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 20:57:24 »

Think it's pretty much the railway line, so while you do get Old Town and the Lawns, you also get the Parks and Walcott.  Then you have Coleview to Eldene with probably a good mix either way, street by street.

Labour have out leafleted Conservatives in my bit of Eldene, littering buggers.  Shit loads of extra recycling that I need to put out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 21:04:56 »

Think it's pretty much the railway line, so while you do get Old Town and the Lawns, you also get the Parks and Walcott.  Then you have Coleview to Eldene with probably a good mix either way, street by street.

Labour have out leafleted Conservatives in my bit of Eldene, littering buggers.  Shit loads of extra recycling that I need to put out.

Old Town, isn't particularly Tory.....for example Nadine Watts is a Labour Councillor....the Lib dems have held the Eastcott bits of Old Town for years.  Lawns yes.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 21:09:44 »

The SNP are the ones that reneged, they made it clear the referendum was a once in a generation opportunity, yet within minutes of them losing they were already working on other ways to gain independence asap.

If you watched Scottish Parliament First Minister questions, you'd see that the party that have been talking about another referendum in Scotland aren't the SNP, but Scottish Labour. They're obsessed by the subject, Kezia Dugdale especially.

I don't doubt that SNP's long term view is to try and get another vote for IndependEnce at some point, but short term they just want as many MP's at WM as possible, and good luck to them.

That said if they end up with 45+ seats tomorrow it'll be a great achievement. 50+ unbelievable.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 21:13:03 »

I wont be voting for any of the clowns. In fact I don't even know who holds the seat where I live.  Having worked for local and central government in my time, labour would be the last people that I would vote for. Having seen their lunacy and incompetence first hand.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 22:30:37 »

I don't doubt that SNP's long term view is to try and get another vote for IndependEnce at some point, but short term they just want as many MP's at WM as possible, and good luck to them.

The SNP's short term plan is independence. Google Alex Salmond's views on the issue, he doesn't even think a referendum is necessary and that they can just declare independence if they get a majority in the next Scottish parliament elections, for example.

I reckon their ideal result in the election is 50 MP's and a Tory government, which they'll use to push through independence.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 06:08:01 »

BBC journo on radio 4 in swindon tonight.

To Merlin Landlord: "Who do you think will win tomorrow?".

Landlord: "Swindon, as they are playing Sheffield United".

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 06:33:49 »

Nailed it:

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:03:07 »

Not one candidate or their supporters bothered to knock on my door for my views, not too sure if i can be bothered to vote at all!!  Couldn't vote for Tomlinson in Swindon North after he refused to answer my e-mails about the poor service at my doctor's surgery, his original statement was that they had poured "millions upon millions" into the local NHS service but refused to reply despite reminders when I asked him why it was I was quoted five weeks to see a doctor yet my local surgery has a half-day closing!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Thursday, May 7, 2015, 07:51:52 »

I keep getting flyers from Labour about saving the NHS.

One of the Tory threats to the NHS they list is "waiting lists at their highest levels for six years".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be 2009 - after 12 years of Labour running and spending money on the NHS?

They are also guaranteeing cancer tests/results in a week and GP appointments within 48 hours. What happens if these guarantees are broken? Do I get compensation? Can I sue Labour for breach of contract and damages?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: