Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996234 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 21:35:14 »

So what did great things did labour give us during their last tenure? 
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 21:46:22 »

Tory wankers have spent massively and bought out the big guns in Chippenham.  Boris, Gideon and Spamface have all visited, fortunately whilst Ive been away working.   They have also marshalled every ounce of fear and hatred they can through bullshit in their mates shitty media outlets to scare the small minded.

As a result they will win and I can vote he way I want to, not tactically, knowing it will have piss all effect on the final result.

Me and the 3 other lefties in Chippenham can then spend 5 years being being smug but depressed.

Never knowingly overstated.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:04:22 »

So what did great things did labour give us during their last tenure? 

Don't know about you but for starters I enjoyed the longest period of sustained, stable economic growth the country has ever known - prior to the global banking crisis.

In contrast, I've been made redundant twice in the last three years, never mind received a wage rise, seen child benefit disappear and had bitter first hand experience of Tory / Lib cuts in education, with far worse to come and local indifference and even obstruction to kids being able to participate in sport.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:06:42 »

Similar to the economic growth of the 70's?

You'll find the growth you are talking about was globally driven, wouldn't have mattered who was in power.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:09:34 by 4D » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:11:16 »

Yeah labour did a great job of spend spend spend, and let someone else pick up the tab. Nothing left in the account by the time the con/libs got to power, no wonder they had to tighten the belts.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #590 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:17:52 »

Tightening the belts isn't so much the issue if we're all tightening our belts. How many people have to be fucked over by the bedroom tax for cunts like Gary Barlow to avoid tax. how many local services need to be cut for Starbucks to pay fuck all.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:24:12 »

How much tax has Starbucks and others been avoiding since the 1990's? Or have they only been dodging since Cameron got into no.10?

I'm not arguing Tories are wonderful and labour aren't, however I do prefer to have the Tories run the country, which is why I'll be voting for Gray.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:30:16 »

....Cameron, his Freudian slip about this being a super important election for his "career" interests, when he ws supposed to say country's.

Against my better nature, I have to disagree.  

Cameron in person is hugely likeable and massively charismatic, and is desperate to get out of the tiresome political arena and into light entertainment.  He's wasted as PM!  He sees himself as a cross between the re-invented Portillo and Ant or Dec, cracking jokes on a train towards the jungle on a Saturday TV teatime coming soon.    That way he stays one step ahead of that conceited blond clown, securing a place as the nation's sweetheart, and becoming either Brucie or Des Lynam, depending on Rupert's puppet plans for him.

Please help David find his vocation, follow his dreams and don't make him do all this again...after all, this is such an important election for his career prospects.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:41:48 »

You'll find the growth you are talking about was globally driven, wouldn't have mattered who was in power.
Yeah right, and the crash of course was a purely localised Labour driven catastrophe?

Yeah labour did a great job of spend spend spend, and let someone else pick up the tab. Nothing left in the account by the time the con/libs got to power, no wonder they had to tighten the belts.
Show me how Conservative spending policy at the time was different...I think it's been done to death that the issue was in not regulating banks rather than over-spending per se...and there was a fag paper between the two main parties on both.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015, 22:49:10 »

What are you on about?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 05:27:02 »

Every time labour leave office they leave a cluster fcuk of finanancial chaos, which with remarkable coincidence the conservatives have to sort out when they get office and 13 years of spend, spend, spend take more than 5 years to turn around.

It is well known that poverty actually increased under labour. It is a well known fact that labour created hundreds of thousands on non jobs in local government. It is well known fact that the NHS, local and national government departments waste millions and millions every year.

I'm not driven by the politics of envy and hatred like the left seem to be. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. But let me tell you this. The rich got richer under labour. Labour wasted eye watering amounts of money over 13 years. Labour spent eye watering amounts of money over 13 years. Labour borrowed eye watering amounts of money over 13 years. Labour have saddled us tax payers and our kids with 30,40,50 year PFI debts so skewed in the favour of the filthy rich corporations and their shareholders that it beggars belief.

Don't fcuking make me laugh over the bedroom tax. You'd think the streets and gutters are filled with the elderly and disabled thrown out of their homes because they cannot pay a tax that is not a tax. I accept that there will always be exceptions to the rule. Which is a bit rich of the Labour Party who do love a tax. You do not rent a house with more rooms than you need or can afford, except in the public sector which has been starved of new housing stock and has waiting lists running into years and years. Why? Because labour did not fcuking build enough houses for their core voting support in 13 years. On top of allowing unfettered migration into this country every year running into the 100's of thousands who low and behold need........somewhere to live! They then inturn fall into the clutches of unscrupulous landlords sub letting council and housing ass property along with private landlords.

Life is a bed of roses under labour. As a working class bloke with kids I'd lick the skin off your poo rather than vote labour. It's bad enough this country is hamstrung by that lame duck bunch on the other side of the English Channel, having five years of this countries hard working people being mugged each way they turn by labour the SNP, plaid Cymru & the Lib dems. God help us.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 05:40:22 »

Yeah right, and the crash of course was a purely localised Labour driven catastrophe?
Show me how Conservative spending policy at the time was different...I think it's been done to death that the issue was in not regulating banks rather than over-spending per se...and there was a fag paper between the two main parties on both.

yes the fact the labour govt spent all the money was the Tories fault, silly me.

As was the lack of banking regulation. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14888933

Again the point to make here is labour and Tories both make mistakes, similar mistakes. But we have a choice either let a party who have a decent economic plan to continue their work, or lets all go back to square one and let them spend again. It's like giving a person with debt issues your credit card, a person who doesn't admit that they spent too much previously. Good luck with that.
Levi lapper

« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 06:03:11 »

Yes labour spent a lot of money, they completely pulled the nhs from its knees and turned it into the best healthcare system (that works for everyone) in the world, they put money into schools, sure start centres, housed the homeless, and people prospered. Does anyone remember just how shit this country was pre 1997?? They got things wrong, and the eu led to mass immigration, the banks fucked up because of American sub prime mortgages.

The Tories want to privatize the nhs and demolish the welfare state. There will be homeless people dying on our streets like America if they get in again, while millionaires pay no tax. Any working class person who votes for them betrays their own class. There are a lot of morons believing the right wing propaganda machine, it would be funny if it wasn't so fucking tragic.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 06:14:10 »

"Long term economic plan" and "EU Referendum" are not compatible statements. Whether you are pro, anti or indifferent to our membership, the two years of uncertainty leading up to a vote will be stressful for our economy, at a time where the base rate remains at an all time low and our inflation is entirely at the mercy of oil prices.

The Tories will not be a safe economic bet, half their pledges (including NHS money) are unfunded gambles on some super recovery, which as I have alluded to above is far from certain.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 07:52:07 by michael » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 06:28:55 »

I still have't received my polling card. Is being on the electoral roll different from registering to vote? Have I left it too late now?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: