Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996166 times)
kerry red

« Reply #540 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:05:27 »

That Nicola Sturgeon needs a good kick in the hole.

Whatever happened to English votes for English matters.

Keep your sweaty nose out.

We'll rue the day our 'politicians' campaigned to keep the Union
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:11:42 »

Ha ha ha, brilliant to see Sturgeon stir it up. Good on her.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:34:14 »

Did their appearances north of the border do any good? If anything it probably got the Yes campaign more votes every times the party leaders appeared to campaign for a No vote
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 21:22:18 »

If the UK can have a referendum on leaving the EU and the Scots can have a referendum on leaving the UK, why (oh why, oh why!) can we English not have a referendum on seceding.

We could leave the jocks to get their Barnett formula and other demands from a Celts-only UK rump and leave Plaid Cymru, DUP, Sinn Fein and SNP in their Utopian English-free state?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 17:20:22 »

This is brilliant.  The Conservative candidate for Witney forgets which football team he's been a life-long fan of.

Independent: David Cameron Forgets if he's an Aston Villa or West Ham Fan

The main message here, of course, is that the likely winner of the Witney seat has absolutely no interest whatsoever in Oxford United.  (Although, to be fair, there are probably more Swindon fans living there than yellows anyway.)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 17:26:55 »

This is brilliant.  The Conservative candidate for Witney forgets which football team he's been a life-long fan of.

Independent: David Cameron Forgets if he's an Aston Villa or West Ham Fan

The main message here, of course, is that the likely winner of the Witney seat has absolutely no interest whatsoever in Oxford United.  (Although, to be fair, there are probably more Swindon fans living there than yellows anyway.)

That prick is my MP
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 11:52:25 »

I've just found out that the Labour candidate in my constituency is a Swindon fan.  What were the odds of that?!

He'll never win, mind.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:43:48 »

Not sure that it means anything for now, but my wife works in a large technical college, with over 2000 full time, day release and evening students of votable age. They are running an election poll, and bearing in mind its very multicultural, the current standings are surprising. She said there has been around 300 votes so far, and ukip are polling at 80%, the rest barely register. And this is in a Liberal safe seat. Go figure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #548 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:11:38 »

With that high a following for UKIP that does upset me that so many people (especially the young electorate) are influenced by a few policies that they feel so strongly about but ignoring the bigger picture and probable damage that Farage could do to the country and economy if he gets into No 10.

Truly disappointing and disheartening.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:15:48 »

With that high a following for UKIP that does upset me that so many people (especially the young electorate) are influenced by a few policies that they feel so strongly about but ignoring the bigger picture and probable damage that Farage could do to the country and economy if he gets into No 10.

Truly disappointing and disheartening.

I don't do politics but isn't that the case for all the parties? i highly doubt there is a party out there that someone argees with 100%
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #550 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:28:30 »

I don't do politics but isn't that the case for all the parties? i highly doubt there is a party out there that someone argees with 100%
I wouldnt have thought that 1 or 2 policies would be enough to get most peoples votes.

For me I can allow 1 or 2 policies that I don't agree with through the net and not stop me voting for a party (as long as I dont disagreee strongly with them) but to ignore 99% of all the other policies totally to get 1 or 2 that you do agree with is mental.

Just my personal opinion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:59:45 »

The danger isn't UKIP winning an election by majority, that's certainly not going to happen (yet). The real danger is a vote for UKIP is most likely to put Labour back in power and I really don't think the economy is robust enough for the two Eds to dick around with.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:20:03 »

Not sure that it means anything for now, but my wife works in a large technical college, with over 2000 full time, day release and evening students of votable age. They are running an election poll, and bearing in mind its very multicultural, the current standings are surprising. She said there has been around 300 votes so far, and ukip are polling at 80%, the rest barely register. And this is in a Liberal safe seat. Go figure.

Most of those will not be registered to vote...there's something like a million young people disenfranchised, a situation not helped by the change in rules regarding registering.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:49:48 »

Quite possibly, but then again, there are a lot of apprentices, and a lot of mature students doing evening classes, so I think its an interesting outcome. Incidentally my daughters secondary school are doing the same excercise. And i'm sure though their opinions will alter a million times.. currently there the Greens are romping it!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:07:20 »

Quite possibly, but then again, there are a lot of apprentices, and a lot of mature students doing evening classes, so I think its an interesting outcome. Incidentally my daughters secondary school are doing the same excercise. And i'm sure though their opinions will alter a million times.. currently there the Greens are romping it!

FE, is one of those sectors which is already experiencing cuts, especially in subject choice, I suspect this will continue whatever the outcome of the election, although the degree of cutting may vary.

Of the Tory education initiatives, I liked the UTC idea, to provide apprenticeship type courses for young people 14-19 in engineering etc, sadly some are already closing due to lack of interest from the kids.  I'd like to think the Swindon site will prove viable.

I suspect it won't be too long before Gove's folly in academies and free schools hits home, when the initial bribes run out, and the schools are leftto fend for themselves on dwindling central funding.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: