Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996123 times)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 20:21:46 »

Appears to be a ridiculous decision for Cameron to turn down being part of this debate. He's just made himself an easy target tonight.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 20:55:53 »

Appears to be a ridiculous decision for Cameron to turn down being part of this debate. He's just made himself an easy target tonight.

As a point of information, Clegg said he would have liked to debate.....but wasn't invited  Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 21:06:20 »

I think that was their plan, and in turn showing the people of England that the alternative to a Tory government, is a Labour/SNP/Green/Welsh coalition led by Sturgeon. A lot of people are saying how great she is but that will eventually turn in to concern when they realise she only cares about Scotland and will shit all over Miliband.

Still think the most likely outcome of the election is a shit storm for 6-12 months before we have to do it all again.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 21:23:21 »

What a shower of shit before the nation.
How on earth can any of those gain any respect I will never know.

Clever move by Cameron. Just sit back and watch.
Millipede is an absolute clueless muppet and would put the Country back in debt once again.
Talks without any substance.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 21:40:34 »

Speak for many here, not convinced by any party. Having to pick the best from a very bad bunch is a sad state of affairs.

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 23:36:29 »

Don't think chicken Dave was clever in not being involved in the debate. Quite the opposite I'd say. People will be asking why he refused to take part. The prime minister not showing up doesn't look good for him. I'm glad as it should help lose him votes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:07:25 »

Millipede is an absolute clueless muppet and would put the Country back in debt once again.
The country's still in debt. Billions and billions of pounds of it. Has been since the Napoleonic wars and will likely remain so long after you or I are long gone. So no-one's going to put the country back in debt
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:44:50 »

Talks without any substance.

I'll refer you to my post a page or so back, but you probably won't bother to read it. Why let annoying things like facts get in the way of your self righteous outrage after all.

..never go back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:47:59 »

Those 4 times being when the international economy was booming...all that graph illustrates is that  our economy is very dependent upon the international situation.

That's pretty much the point I was making. The only difference in the two major parties is that when the Tories are in charge during a boom they hand out tax cuts to the wealthy rather than invest in public services, and when Labour are in the same situation they throw money at public services trying to patch up what the Tories left to rot when they were in charge.

..never go back.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 08:15:16 »

That's pretty much the point I was making. The only difference in the two major parties is that when the Tories are in charge during a boom they hand out tax cuts to the wealthy rather than invest in public services, and when Labour are in the same situation they throw money at public services trying to patch up what the Tories left to rot when they were in charge.

And now you're the one ignoring the facts. The Tories cut taxes for everyone, the 20% basic rate is a Tory policy, started by Thatcher and then continued by successive governments (including Labour) - prior to Thatcher the tax rates were 33% and 83%. We've also had the increases in personal allowance over the last 5 years, which benefits the lowest earners the most. Labour on the other hand removed the 10% tax rate for the lowest earners and increased NI for everyone.

The Tory philosophy is to reduce taxes, putting money in to everyone's pockets so they can decide how to spend it.

Labour on the other hand increase taxes for everyone so they can increase public spending, thinking it's best the state decides on and controls spending.

Problem is the Tories go too far with cutting public spending whilst Labour go too far with increasing it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 10:40:34 »

The Tory philosophy is to reduce taxes, putting money in to everyone's pockets so they can decide how to spend it.

One of the first things Osborne did was to increase VAT to 20%....having said previously there were no plans for an increase.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 10:45:49 »

I thought the cuts in the starting threshold the coalition introduced were Lib Dem policy, not Tories? They cut taxes for their own, Labour raise taxes to spend on their own.

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 11:57:43 »

I see the repulsive IDS is at it again today regarding zero hour contracts. What a fucking wanker he is
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 13:01:43 »

Sturgeon is bloody impressive again tonight, think she is a class act as a party leader

The Welsh bird mesmorises me every time she opens her mouth

Farage is getting bolder, making less attempt to hide the nationalist agenda - I suspect he is already aligning the party to be try and morph into the English equivalent of the SNP after the election to jump on the inevitable response to the large gains the SNP will make in Scotland and thus the idea that politics in England is being overly controlled by a Scottish party!

Natalie Bennett has got a bit of a temper on her really lost her rag at least once last night.

The fact that Sturgeon is coming across well is hardly surprising, it's a lot easier to perform in such events if you have essentially won your election already (as the polls show the SNP have) and thus are essentially preaching to the converted.

Finally I would agree with you regarding Leanne Wood's accent!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 13:14:21 »

One of the first things Osborne did was to increase VAT to 20%....having said previously there were no plans for an increase.

The same way Labour promised no tax increases, then raised NI.

As I said though, the Tories reduce taxes to put money in your pocket to spend how you want. Not everything is subject to VAT giving you some choice as opposed to it being deducted directly from your pay packet.

I thought the cuts in the starting threshold the coalition introduced were Lib Dem policy, not Tories? They cut taxes for their own, Labour raise taxes to spend on their own.

It was a Lib Dem policy, but it took the Tories as well to implement it and balance the budgets. It's also now a Tory policy going forwards to increase it further. Even if you ignore it, they're still the party that reduces taxes and will continue to do as finances allow.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: