Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996766 times)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 09:06:34 »

Source please, I haven't read that.

And the Scots wouldn't be 'financially fucked', as if it had been a yes, they wouldn't even be independent yet. That's my understanding of the timescales involved, I could be wrong on that though.

A large chunk of the yes campaigns stratagem involved the revenue that North Sea oil & natural gas for that matter would bring in, fact. The price of a barrel of Brent crude peaked @ $120 + in November 2011 & fluctuated to just under $120 until the second half of 2014, luckily for the Pisces duo the collapse in the oil markets came after the vote. The current price of Brent crude is $60 per barrel the other, natural gas has also seen a slump in price. Would you like me to show you those spot prices too? Other than tourism and whiskey what else would they have to flog to pay their way, coal?

Trident could be relocated, after all the SNP and labour would like us to stick our hands up and surrender at the first sign of homeland trouble. The EUSSR were saying you're not joining if you go it alone and you're also not having the wonderful overpriced Euro to boot. Remains open to conjecture if that would have been the case. In any case if they had said yes they could consider themselves unlucky in the respect that they went from the frying pan into the per-verbal fire.

Personally I wish the jocks had said yes....... Cheesy

The Taffs & the N. Paddy's on the other hand know which side the bread is buttered, even then they both think Westminster should throw more cash at them.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 09:08:59 by Red and Proud » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 09:15:28 »

A large chunk of the yes campaigns stratagem involved the revenue that North Sea oil & natural gas for that matter would bring in, fact. The price of a barrel of Brent crude peaked @ $120 + in November 2011 & fluctuated to just under $120 until the second half of 2014, luckily for the Pisces duo the collapse in the oil markets came after the vote. The current price of Brent crude is $60 per barrel the other, natural gas has also seen a slump in price. Would you like me to show you those spot prices too? Other than tourism and whiskey what else would they have to flog to pay their way, coal?

Trident could be relocated, after all the SNP and labour would like us to stick our hands up and surrender at the first sign of homeland trouble. The EUSSR were saying you're not joining if you go it alone and you're also not having the wonderful overpriced Euro to boot. Remains open to conjecture if that would have been the case. In any case if they had said yes they could consider themselves unlucky in the respect that they went from the frying pan into the per-verbal fire.

Personally I wish the jocks had said yes....... Cheesy

The Taffs & the N. Paddy's on the other hand know which side the bread is buttered, even then they both think Westminster should throw more cash at them.

Understand that, however, you've stated that Salmond and sturgeon have come out saying Scotland would be financially fucked if they had voted yes. Can you provide a source for that please?

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 09:45:12 »

BBC reporter tweeting he's been abused for reporting that snp members had made comments to him that were the same as those attributed to its leader. No smoke without fire it would appear.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 09:47:05 »

Understand that, however, you've stated that Salmond and sturgeon have come out saying Scotland would be financially fucked if they had voted yes. Can you provide a source for that please?

Sorry if you got that impression, maybe we did not read each other's posts properly. I'm saying that the duo have remained silent since the vote WRT the financial aspect of their campaign. That being how they would survive financially without Westminster funding when the largest part of Scotland's income came from oil & gas which as I've stated has collapsed.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 10:04:21 »

I obviously don't know as much as some of the learned posters on here, regarding Scottish independence, however as all the main parties in the UK joined together to campaign for them to stay, they must feel that Scotland is an important and integral part of it. as to whether Scotland could survive on their own, it's pretty silly to spout the same old bollocks about North Sea oil, as if that's the only thing they could use. there's many countries with little or no natural resources that survive and even thrive.

It's All Good..............
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 10:20:48 »

Let's not forget the huge oil find they made in the Falklands this week. Cue the Argentines ramping up their efforts to get them back again.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 11:46:21 »

Quite like the idea of a federal UK myself.  And the Lib Dems are keen on it.

Me too. Seems to be the perfect solution, we'd still be the UK but each state would have the control they want.

And the Scots wouldn't be 'financially fucked', as if it had been a yes, they wouldn't even be independent yet. That's my understanding of the timescales involved, I could be wrong on that though.

There was one senior member of the SNP campaign who genuinely believed devolution could have been achieved prior to the general election. Which is another good example of just how deluded the SNP are.

It's pretty silly to spout the same old bollocks about North Sea oil, as if that's the only thing they could use. there's many countries with little or no natural resources that survive and even thrive.

A large part of the SNP campaign was how they would be better off financially if independent. Their increased financial wealth was based solely on the price of oil and gas. IIRC the SNP used a price of $100USD a barrel, there was a lot of debate about the price going forward with the SNP claiming all the industry experts saying this was a realistic price.

If they were independent now, they would indeed by totally fucked financially due to the reliance on high oil prices. And if they'd got their way of continuing to use a shared currency, who do you think would now be stuck with bailing them out?
Combe Down

« Reply #472 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 13:10:42 »

Back to politics local to Swindon. Can we campaign to get that giant puddle in the CG car park next to the Town's shop to be fixed?! My feet get wet everytimes its rains.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 13:14:58 »

Back to politics local to Swindon. Can we campaign to get that giant puddle in the CG car park next to the Town's shop to be fixed?! My feet get wet everytimes its rains.

Vote Down!

In fact.... Up down!

Clems Army!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 16:34:05 »

I'm in. Definitely a case for reform, as it's not perfect.

Out of interest what would be your proposals for reforming the EU?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 17:39:54 »

Out,.Cameron will get fuck all if he has a mandate to "negotiate", Wallace even less if he tries but of course he won't as it is not on his agenda and even less so the SNP & Limpdens who's support he'll need. The only way we will get what we need as in the British interest is to walk away and make no mistake they AKA the other 26 nations will shit themselves if we do. Oh they love the British, no, they all love our money and obsessiveness in abiding by the rules which most of them ignore. Once out we can name our price to go back should A) there still be an EU to go back to & B) should we need to.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 19:28:44 »

BBC reporter tweeting he's been abused for reporting that snp members had made comments to him that were the same as those attributed to its leader. No smoke without fire it would appear.

The bbc haven't exactly covered themselves in glory re:Scotland of late. And so what if 'SNP members' have expressed that view, not all members will agree on everything.

Roll on May, hoping we have a Tory government but if not it'll be interesting to see the SNP shake up WM a fair bit. Sturgeon's a class act and the media will have to up their smear game if they want shot of her.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 21:17:25 »

Out,.Cameron will get fuck all if he has a mandate to "negotiate", Wallace even less if he tries but of course he won't as it is not on his agenda and even less so the SNP & Limpdens who's support he'll need. The only way we will get what we need as in the British interest is to walk away and make no mistake they AKA the other 26 nations will shit themselves if we do. Oh they love the British, no, they all love our money and obsessiveness in abiding by the rules which most of them ignore. Once out we can name our price to go back should A) there still be an EU to go back to & B) should we need to.

Spot on.... Only party offering this is UKIP. I know there not everyone's cup of tea. Time for change. Farage at least says it how it is. Most of the time. He's a bit rough round the edges but that is his appeal to the masses I guess. The more he puts his foot in it the higher his rating go. He's only human like the rest of us. Political correctness has knocked most English people into believing displaying our own flag on our own Patron Saints day is Racist. Fucking madness.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 21:46:55 »

Hmmmmm, maybe it's the fact he thinks the country should be worried about people coming here to get their AIDS fixed is the policy that has me despairing?

We've got a nuclear deterrent for fucks sake, I'd rather Raving Lord Such got in.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 12:19:17 »

Can someone explain why we need to leave the EU and what the benefits of doing so are?

Think a lot of people just take everything Farage says, especially regarding the cost of the EU and migrant workers, at face value when the facts are somewhat different. I'm yet to read or see anything that makes a convincing argument for us to leave.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: