Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996199 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 12:36:06 »

The option already exists. It's called "spoiling your ballot" and has traditionally been used for this purpose. Doesn't tend to get talked about much though, unless you and Russell can mobilise the millions to your cause.

Disagree. Having the "none of them" actually gets people to vote, a protest vote to tell the politicians of the overall dissatisfaction and lack of trust the public actually have.
Would have a negative impact though on the UKIP protect vote.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 12:38:54 »

Being disillusioned with the current crop of self-serving arseholes doesn't mean people want rid of democracy. Most folks I talk to would like to see more democracy in the process, rather than the current five-year circular stitch-up between different shades of the elite.

Spot on. vote PD Smiley
At least in your tenure you were influential in defeating another low life piece of shit Smiley
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 15:20:47 »

This thread is hilarious.

There's a bottom line in play. It's called 'the bottom line'. It's a financial term for those that can't see the wood for the tree's.

The sooner the UK can get it's trade deficit down and start reducing the National Debt, the sooner the likes of Red Ed et al can start getting their investment in public services back.

The Labour party fucked it up. They spent, not only every penny they took, they borrowed in a delusional belief they had 'abolished boom and bust' (how fucking stupid are these cunts?) and they mortgaged future generations livelihoods in PFI agreements.

Now, not only do they not admit where they went wrong mis-managing the economy, they want to borrow more to 'invest in Britain'.

Why, when the British economy was was running a surplus as opposed to deficit, just a decade ago, did they choose to not 'invest in Britain' but to expand the welfare state to unsustainable levels? Why?

What on earth makes these fucking idiots believe that borrowing money to invest money has one iota of sense to it?  Anyone who has ever invested money on a serious level will tell you that it's nothing more than a 50%50 bet.

Is that how our economy should be run, on the toss of a coin?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 16:05:21 »

There's a bottom line in play. It's called 'the bottom line'. It's a financial term for those that can't see the wood for the tree's.

The sooner the UK can get it's trade deficit down and start reducing the National Debt, the sooner the likes of Red Ed et al can start getting their investment in public services back.

The Labour party fucked it up. They spent, not only every penny they took, they borrowed in a delusional belief they had 'abolished boom and bust' (how fucking stupid are these cunts?) and they mortgaged future generations livelihoods in PFI agreements.

Now, not only do they not admit where they went wrong mis-managing the economy, they want to borrow more to 'invest in Britain'.

Why, when the British economy was was running a surplus as opposed to deficit, just a decade ago, did they choose to not 'invest in Britain' but to expand the welfare state to unsustainable levels? Why? What on earth makes these fucking idiots believe that borrowing money to invest money has one iota of sense to it?  Anyone who has ever invested money on a serious level will tell you that it's nothing more than a 50%50 bet. Is that how our economy should be run, on the toss of a coin?
I have been trying to get that message across myself! well put.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 16:33:20 »

Why, when the British economy was was running a surplus as opposed to deficit, just a decade ago, did they choose to not 'invest in Britain' but to expand the welfare state to unsustainable levels? Why?

What on earth makes these fucking idiots believe that borrowing money to invest money has one iota of sense to it?  Anyone who has ever invested money on a serious level will tell you that it's nothing more than a 50%50 bet.

Is that how our economy should be run, on the toss of a coin?

"The Labour party fucked it up.".... What is surprising about that. History will tell you they always do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 16:52:18 »

"The Labour party fucked it up.".... What is surprising about that. History will tell you they always do.

Sadly for Ironside, the Labour Party has been a bastion against the sort of political system that he favours....history tells you that.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 16:55:31 »

I know, anyone with of age knows it, anyone brought up through the 'Labour years' should be able to see it.  Yet some on here keep voting for them!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 16:58:22 »

Sadly for Ironside, the Labour Party has been a bastion against the sort of political system that he favours....history tells you that.
Sadly for Reg, people aren't stupid enough to continue voting for the same old self destructive idiocy.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 17:30:52 »

Sadly for Reg, people aren't stupid enough to continue voting for the same old self destructive idiocy.

Are you still a BNP member or have you jumped ship to UKIP?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 17:46:31 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
has been..

Blair sold their soul to make them more electable. Kinnock was the last true labour leader, now they pay lip service to their old ideals.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 17:48:10 »

Are you still a BNP member or have you jumped ship to UKIP?
Would you care to engage in a debate about the issue and perhaps propose some soloutions? I think everyone would agree that this would be preferable as opposed to the 'you said this' kind of debate you appear to wish to engage in.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 18:17:03 »

Would you care to engage in a debate about the issue and perhaps propose some soloutions? I think everyone would agree that this would be preferable as opposed to the 'you said this' kind of debate you appear to wish to engage in.

I'm always up for a debate...what issue have you in mind?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 18:17:47 »

Oh good.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 18:24:44 »

I'm always up for a debate...what issue have you in mind?
The economy?

Let's always remember that the last coalition government started from the perspective of that glorious note explaining that 'there's no money left'.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, April 3, 2015, 18:33:40 »

The economy?

Let's always remember that the last coalition government started from the perspective of that glorious note explaining that 'there's no money left'.

Yes, not unexpected after we had to bail out the bankers and hedge fund operators after the 2008 global crash.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: