Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996040 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 23:42:12 »

Don't think Paxman has given Milliband a chance to answer his questions properly
That's probably been in his favour, doesn't let him give away what a twonk he actually is
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 01:38:39 »

Actually, Milliband - when he was allowed to - communicated much better than Cameron, certainly in the audience questions, and gave clearer answers.  Although Paxman was pretty ruthless with him, I would say Milliband won the evening.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 08:12:05 »

The thought of Ed Milliband as PM somewhat worries me.

I'd be more concerned about Ed Balls being in charge of the Treasury.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 08:28:38 »

only saw the paxman part of Milliband, the thought of him in charge of the country nearly make me want to vote Tory, nearly.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 08:37:24 »

Cameron finds it almost impossible to answer a direct question and comes across as a bit of a cunt. Milliband looks like a rabbit in headlights and doesn't appear very statesmanlike at all.

Unfortunately politics in this country is becoming more and more like The US, where it's personalities, not policies, that are the most important thing. Cameron is a fucking lizard, Milliband is a bumbling incompetent, Clegg is a wimp and Farage is a joke.

Tough choice for the masses....

It's All Good..............
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:01:36 »

Couldn`t bring myself to watch as I see absolutely no point in the TV debates - a few years ago it made Nick Clegg look like a bloke who knew what he was talking about.....the threat of Milliband having to ask Alex Salmond for support in running this country just fills me with a dread that makes Cameron seem like the only choice.....heaven forbid. The media seemingly want to encourage a coalition of any sort....

Bathtime
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:06:21 »

well summed up Hethab.

one point though, not seen a manifesto yet. and if there was one, would anyone a) read it, b) believe it ?

I'm convinced most votes have always been cast on habit, leader personality, or failing that who has the best hair.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:14:14 »

well summed up Hethab.

one point though, not seen a manifesto yet. and if there was one, would anyone a) read it, b) believe it ?

I'm convinced most votes have always been cast on habit, leader personality, or failing that who has the best hair.

Well that's my planned Political career fucked then.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:16:16 »

Couldn`t bring myself to watch as I see absolutely no point in the TV debates - a few years ago it made Nick Clegg look like a bloke who knew what he was talking about.....the threat of Milliband having to ask Alex Salmond for support in running this country just fills me with a dread that makes Cameron seem like the only choice.....heaven forbid. The media seemingly want to encourage a coalition of any sort....

If Salmond was not intent on breaking the country up, he'd have a lot to recommend him as a leader.  You can't fault his commitment to his ideals (even if, like me, you don't agree with them.)  And he has more statesmanship/gravitas than the rest of them put together.

Have to say I have a sneaking (& grudging) admiration for the man.  Not hard at all to see how the SNP vote has taken off in Scotland.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:16:37 »

I'd be more concerned about Ed Balls being in charge of the Treasury.

This makes me shudder.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:22:12 »

The media seemingly want to encourage a coalition of any sort....

The coalition is happening anyway, regardless of what the media want.  Majority government is likely when you have 2 or 3 serious contenders.  But this time around, we have 5 party politics (Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem, UKIP, SNP).

Once the electorate gets used to the idea that coalition government is the new norm, I am hoping that one of the key arguments against Proportional Representation (fear of coalition government) will fade away.  I am certainly thinking that the Tories' traditional support for First Past the Post will wither when they see the SNP winning 90% of the seats in Scotland with 45% of the popular vote (which is what the polls are forecasting at present).

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:27:55 »

Thought Ed easily came across better and didn't dance around the issue of each question like Cameron did.
I think we have to look at the bigger picture and the parties their leaders represent though to make our decision when voting. The Tories are extremely unpleasant, just look at how that cunt Hague was yesterday with his devious plot. Labour have my vote already to get them bastards out. It's the only vote that can do that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:29:01 »

well summed up Hethab.

I was thinking this the other week, are the manifesto's normally this late - much of the problem with the coverage at the moment is that we have a media all geared up for an election but nothing of substance to talk about - hence the series of 'at home with the party leaders' interviews!

I watched last night, having not watched any of them in 2010, and I actually though Milliband came across better than Cameron, but that's not saying much! Cameron is very poor at disguising that he is avoiding answering a question and once you notice that he is doing it, you cannot help noticing that he is doing it all the time! I actually quite liked that they had obviously told Milliband to be a big aggro with Paxman as it at least made it interesting - but in both cases nothing of any substance was said!

The response on social media afterwards was interesting if only that many of the left wingers I follow (and the 'friends' I have on Facebook who live their life by posting Guardian links) don't seem to have a good word to say about Milliband, this lack of confidence in their leader jut doesn't seem to look like ending well!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:34:17 »

Miliband (E) strikes me as another Iain Duncan Smith.  Useful senior level party politician with some interesting ideas, but not party leader material.  He was over-promoted, and even his own party now recognise this.

I would imagine that Labour have probably now learned their lesson and will be unlikely to allow the unions to choose their party leader again in future.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, March 27, 2015, 09:44:32 »

Thought Ed easily came across better and didn't dance around the issue of each question like Cameron did.
I think we have to look at the bigger picture and the parties their leaders represent though to make our decision when voting.
You're absolutely right. The problem is how many of the electorate will do that and how many of them will dumb down and vote based on little more than who looks better in Hello, or Heat magazine? Or who looks more natural eating a bacon sandwich? Or which of them likes real ale and a fag?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: