Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995706 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 19:02:43 »

OK, I thought I'd make an effort:

I think the last 2 pages of question influenced the results rather a lot.
That's pretty much where I landed on the first survey which, I think, equates to the Green Party. The second one showed me as Lib Dem, which leaves me in quandary.
Do I vote for a useless bunch of cunts, with no chance of having any influence in Parliament, or do I ......(you can make the last bit up yourselves).

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #196 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 21:30:52 »

Just did the second test thing. I'm surprised how lib dem my views make me. Not that I ever plan to vote in anything other than jest, if I can be arsed.

Lib dems 93%
Labour 89%
Green 76%
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 21:58:10 »

Green 94%
Labour 89%
Lib Dem 83%

I was planning on voting Green.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 19:47:41 »

Anyone still considering voting green ?

yea ?................have a listen to this............

http://www.lbc.co.uk/incredibly-awkward-interview-with-natalie-bennett-105384
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 19:58:36 »

Labour  92%
Lib Dem 76%
Green   76%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 20:36:35 »

Anyone still considering voting green ?

yea ?................have a listen to this............

http://www.lbc.co.uk/incredibly-awkward-interview-with-natalie-bennett-105384

Holy shit, that was bad.  I won't even be able to use them as a protest vote after listening to that.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 20:53:35 »

Holy shit, that was bad.  I won't even be able to use them as a protest vote after listening to that.

You'd think she might have learnt her lesson after her car crash interview with Andrew Neil in January...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 20:54:35 »

And anyone thinking of voting for UKIP should watch the BBC "Meet The Ukippers" documentary that was on the other evening, it was so bad in places it was more like a mockumentary than the real thing. Nice write up here....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11429785/Meet-the-Ukippers-9-slightly-terrifying-things-we-learned.html
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 23:26:48 »

Yes, Bennett's interview was bad, but she didn't try and lie her way through it, and is only human at the end of the day. Her 'performance'.shouldn't effect how you read the manifesto or judge your local candidates.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 07:21:02 »

That interview was the funniest political 5 minutes I've seen since In The Thick of It.

She's obviously completely out of her depth and shouldn't be anywhere near the TV debates, for her own good. Complete laughing stock and to blame it on a cold? Dear oh dear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 07:25:50 »

Yes, Bennett's interview was bad, but she didn't try and lie her way through it, and is only human at the end of the day. Her 'performance'.shouldn't effect how you read the manifesto or judge your local candidates.

I agree to a degree, however she/they really need to up their game, just imagine if Milliband had stumbled over  policies like this it would have been everywhere or if Farage had been as poor it would be grasped as being evidence of their lack of substance.

The thing is it does affect the manifesto as it makes it clear that some substantial parts of the document have not remotely been costed which makes you wonder what else is just hypothetical in the document. Whilst this is not surprising, very naive to admit this.

I suspect that the Greens need to learn from the LibDems and if they have any interest in getting involved in a post election coalition make sure they don't have any eye catching manifesto points which are included on the basis that it doesn't really matter as they won't get elected - which haunt you if you do obtain an element of power.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:04:02 »

I agree to a degree, however she/they really need to up their game, just imagine if Milliband had stumbled over  policies like this it would have been everywhere or if Farage had been as poor it would be grasped as being evidence of their lack of substance.

The thing is it does affect the manifesto as it makes it clear that some substantial parts of the document have not remotely been costed

I only read the transcript, but it doesn't appear to at all. She says there is a fully costed programme which will be set out in the manifesto.

It's a gaffe, obviously, and will of course be seized upon but it's a failure of communication/presentation rather than a reflection on the actual policy.

God help her in the TV debates though.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 08:48:11 »

What with recent tv exposure on UKIP / Green party and Milliband`s general confusing message surely it`s going to be Cameron`s to lose.......?

Bathtime
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:54:36 »

I only read the transcript, but it doesn't appear to at all. She says there is a fully costed programme which will be set out in the manifesto.

It's a gaffe, obviously, and will of course be seized upon but it's a failure of communication/presentation rather than a reflection on the actual policy.

God help her in the TV debates though.

I may be a little blurred in my approach to the Greens, we have had them as local councillors here for many years and the simple fact is they don't have any workable policies. We get a monthly newsletter which outlines their successes (mainly litter picking and writing letters to people complaining about things - which never change) - and they are as happy to spin the truth as the next party when it suits them.

Our ward is an odd mix of terraced housing mainly populated by the liberal academics who work at the university and a council estate (I am not an academic but live in that bit). They were elected by the academics and if you want policies to suit the middle classes then you are laughing.

A particular highlight was an attempt to change the parking regulations in our street so that I (and everyone else on our side) would have to pay £40 a year to reduce overall parking by 60%, after three consultation process (god knows how much that cost) when challenged they claimed that it was the County Council pushing it through, I used to work at the County Council and know people in highways - they confirmed that they had told the Green Councillors repeatedly there was no evidence to support the policy but had been overruled.

Sorry to go on, I just get angry when the Greens present themselves as being whiter than white, they may not be as corrupt as the others but they sure as hell will play the political game and lie when it suits them!
kerry red

« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 09:56:43 »

Green Party me hairy arse!

Might as well vote for the Raving Loonies
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: