Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995405 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 18:55:45 »

Hasn't the nations debts risen under the current condem coalition?

Public sector debt will always rise. Economies function on debt.

It's the debt to GDP ratio and, more to a point, the structural deficit that is the concern. Yes, debt:GDP has risen since the austerity measures started because the country is still being run at a deficit. Labour are somewhat to blame for the spending they introduced during their government. All of the cost-cutting measures we've seen so far are designed to reduce the deficit so that by 2018 the country will be in surplus and debt:GDP will start to fall. So there is far more austerity to come in the next few years. We didn't cut costs fast and hard enough, unlike the US who did and are now 2+ years ahead of us in terms of recovery.

Labour might've "did a pretty good job of repairing the services that the Tories ruined" but at a significant opportunity cost.

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 19:55:13 »

Why did the recovery have to be done with such haste and at such a cost to services etc?
Why couldn't things be done more gradually so the impact is less severe?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:05:05 »

With respect Red Frog,your take on things is exactly what this Tory government wants,then they abolish it,seemingly with public approval.When its gone we will all be sorry.You say its not all its cracked up to be,but that's not the fault of the NHS.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:23:39 »

Why did the recovery have to be done with such haste and at such a cost to services etc?

The way I liken it to, no doubt wrongly, is trying to pay your credit card off with the minimum amount each moth while still spending on it.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:24:30 »

This thread is like watching a bunch of spastics who have been thrown into a swimming pool.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:24:55 »

With respect Red Frog,your take on things is exactly what this Tory government wants,then they abolish it,seemingly with public approval.When its gone we will all be sorry.You say its not all its cracked up to be,but that's not the fault of the NHS.
With respect... and I don't have the answers but...

a) the privitisation of the NHS actually started under the labour when they started limited outsourcing.

b) many of the problems with the NHS now relate to them being tied up with with PFI  contracts which left huge debts.

I don't disagree that the Tories have an idealogical issue at play here, but fuck me labour have made it bloody easy for them!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:33:12 »

This thread is like watching a bunch of spastics who have been thrown into a swimming pool.

Delightful. Feel free to go and lick a mains socket you fuckwit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:37:12 »

With respect... and I don't have the answers but...

a) the privitisation of the NHS actually started under the labour when they started limited outsourcing.

b) many of the problems with the NHS now relate to them being tied up with with PFI  contracts which left huge debts.

I don't disagree that the Tories have an idealogical issue at play here, but fuck me labour have made it bloody easy for them!

Oh god yes, I've seen a few ridiculous PFI contracts recently and it's crazy how politicians (all sides) will make patently stupid financial decisions just because they have a policy edict to somehow make look successful to the public.

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 20:58:01 »

A bit like pm's questions then?
Why not contribute to it and correct us spastics oh wise one?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 21:59:07 »

Did you forget your armbands again?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 22:06:28 »

Yes, I understand that's the risk anyone takes in criticising the NHS, so that even the Tories ring-fence spending on it. The system's full of waste, but protecting people's right to abuse it seems to be untouchable. It would take a huge mindshift to move to a system supported by private insurance (related to ability to pay), but the public funds that would be freed up from fundamental NHS reform would transform the economy.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 23:59:40 »

I'll take a wild stab in the dark, that Christy and Arriba work in the public sector
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 00:44:27 »

They have been taking it easy with the cuts, worst of it is still to come.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 12:15:32 »

I'll take a wild stab in the dark, that Christy and Arriba work in the public sector

I'll guess that arriba drives trucks  Wink and his hobby is fence erecting and shopping.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 14:27:30 »

I'll guess that arriba drives trucks  Wink and his hobby is fence erecting and shopping.
yeah pretty much apart from the shopping bit. Certainly not a hobby of mine.
I don't work in the public sector. Know plenty of people who do though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: