Pages: 1 ... 663 664 665 [666] 667 668 669 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996462 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9975 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:03:21 »

You couldn't make it up...

Priti Patel just called Jeremy Corbyn's politics racist in the House of Commons

The home secretary said: "I am saddened that the leader of the opposition has effectively failed to depart from the divisive, hateful, racist politics of its former leader"

https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1272561905555685376?s=20
Flashheart

« Reply #9976 on: Monday, June 15, 2020, 16:41:36 »

You couldn't make it up...

Priti Patel just called Jeremy Corbyn's politics racist in the House of Commons

The home secretary said: "I am saddened that the leader of the opposition has effectively failed to depart from the divisive, hateful, racist politics of its former leader"

https://twitter.com/lizziedearden/status/1272561905555685376?s=20

Smacks of desparation.
Valid Pint

« Reply #9977 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 05:34:04 »

Smacks of desparation.
What did Starman do or not do for her to react in that manner?

Btw it is desperation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9978 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 07:09:40 »

Smacks of desparation.

Or Incompetence, i.e. blurting shit out without thought.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9979 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:03:26 »

Smacks of desparation.

Taking trolling to a new level today, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/15/dismay-over-adviser-chosen-set-up-uk-race-inequality-commission-munira-mirza

So Johnson announces commission not to parliament, but behind a paywall in the Telegraph, what is the point of setting up a commission whereby the person leading it is a) not remotely independent and b) already made their feelings and opinions on the subject matter abundantly clear.

If anyone has missed it she is the lass who used to be a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party (see Claire Fox and Warrington Bombings), losing a case against ITN re Bosnian genocide and  also has linked to Spiked and Brendan O'Neill.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9980 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:17:59 »

Taking trolling to a new level today, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/15/dismay-over-adviser-chosen-set-up-uk-race-inequality-commission-munira-mirza

So Johnson announces commission not to parliament, but behind a paywall in the Telegraph, what is the point of setting up a commission whereby the person leading it is a) not remotely independent and b) already made their feelings and opinions on the subject matter abundantly clear.

If anyone has missed it she is the lass who used to be a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party (see Claire Fox and Warrington Bombings), losing a case against ITN re Bosnian genocide and  also has linked to Spiked and Brendan O'Neill.
The RCP lot are weird, even by the standards of the extreme Trot sects of the 80s. They went from being one of the most extreme cult-like Trots in the 80s and then kind of imploded in the early 90s, carrying on as just a magazine, Living Marxism, which tried to be a bit edgier than the dour heavyweight tomes of most of the extreme left. Then that went tits up as well and sometime around 10-15 years ago, they all reinvented themselves as alt-right fanatics, and started writing as Spiked, which is one of these controversialist websites that basically just exists to stoke controversy and "think the unthinkable" - i.e. far right trolls. So they've done a complete volte face from being the very extreme fringe of the far left to now being on the boundary between the hard right of the Tory party and the far right outside the Tory Party (although thanks to Johnson and Cummings, that's an increasingly blurred boundary).

The fact that Tory MPs are being sent "Spiked" articles as "talking and rebuttal points" speaks volumes about both the complete vapidity of the current govt and how far they have gone away from anything resembling mainstream Conservatism.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9981 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:36:03 »

The RCP lot are weird, even by the standards of the extreme Trot sects of the 80s. They went from being one of the most extreme cult-like Trots in the 80s and then kind of imploded in the early 90s, carrying on as just a magazine, Living Marxism, which tried to be a bit edgier than the dour heavyweight tomes of most of the extreme left. Then that went tits up as well and sometime around 10-15 years ago, they all reinvented themselves as alt-right fanatics, and started writing as Spiked, which is one of these controversialist websites that basically just exists to stoke controversy and "think the unthinkable" - i.e. far right trolls. So they've done a complete volte face from being the very extreme fringe of the far left to now being on the boundary between the hard right of the Tory party and the far right outside the Tory Party (although thanks to Johnson and Cummings, that's an increasingly blurred boundary).

The fact that Tory MPs are being sent "Spiked" articles as "talking and rebuttal points" speaks volumes about both the complete vapidity of the current govt and how far they have gone away from anything resembling mainstream Conservatism.

Their links to Irish Republicanism put Corbyn to shame, yet the right wing Tories love them.

As for Munira Mirza, looks like she is made for the job. https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1272639442688380929?s=20

He hubby also works at no.10, looks like he might have some useful services for JOhnson. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8107533/Former-sex-party-boss-lands-job-Downing-Street-Government-strategist-researcher.html
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:43:02 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9982 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 14:45:42 »

Cameron the pig-fucker has criticised the decision to absorb DfID into the Foreign Office because " the end of @DFID_UK will mean less expertise, less voice for development at the top table and ultimately less respect for the UK overseas". Think you'll find that ship has long since sailed and gone down with all hands lost, Dave.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9983 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:16:36 »

it's taken a footballer led groundswell to get the government to backtrack on meal vouchers..

just a couple of weeks ago they were justifying schools had to open to protect the vulnerable children.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9984 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:39:52 »

Indeed, brilliant from him and the continued work done by FareShare. Yet another u-turn from this government.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9985 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:15:39 »

Jesus its just a great big ego trip, just hope we don't need to go to war anytime soon.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnsons-jet-gets-austin-powers-makeover-12007923
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #9986 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:33:43 »

Jesus its just a great big ego trip, just hope we don't need to go to war anytime soon.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnsons-jet-gets-austin-powers-makeover-12007923
Surely easier to see and shoot down.....😱??     @officialjokeonlytobelaughedat

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9987 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 14:41:56 »

So he doesn't want free movement for people, but his dogs are a different matter...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-tory-mp-bob-stewart-dog-pet-passport-france-channel-a9569231.html

I am pretty sure this isn't a parody....
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #9988 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 15:13:29 »

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1273161756131688448

This makes me think everything post Brexit will be OK.  Amongst other things our boomerang industry is safe...

...and there was me thinking Brexit and leaving the largest single trade union in the world (which gives tariff free movement of goods for all UK exports) might not be such a good idea. But it's OK - Boris has got it all under control.  With free movement of Marmite and Penguins (biscuits) to Oz our economy will thrive.

Soapy tit wank

No one kills a thread like me....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9989 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 15:19:25 »

A nation can be built on Pasties but not on Marmite and Penguins (despite loving Penguins (animal and biscuit)).

Plus don't most Strayans fucking hate Marmite and toss it off over Vegemite? That's like getting Devon & Cornwall to agree on the Jam/Cream - Cream/Jam debate.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 665 [666] 667 668 669 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: