Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996482 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 10:12:09 »

So has everyone forgotten about politics?

To those that joined a party after the election, have you got involved or is being a member and paying the fees enough?

I went to a meeting.  Had a discussion.  We mainly have to elect a new leader.  If I am available I will go to the conference at the end of September.

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 14:10:17 »

So then, first Tory budget since 1996. Some quite widespread fiscal changes which I can't believe none of you have commented on yet.

What say you lefties about the welfare cuts?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #992 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 14:17:25 »

No real surprises, poor get poorer while the asset rich and corporations get breaks.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 15:00:11 »

To be honest Ive been driving up to London to work.  Im now here but it may take me time to have a look at the budget as I have to build up so I don't immediately make my way to parliment with a and start trying to abuse people.

Ill let you know tomorrow when I can provide a more coherent, considered response.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #994 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 15:01:57 »

No real surprises, poor get poorer while the asset rich and corporations get breaks.
Standard Tory policy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 15:13:41 »

Lots of spin by Osborne but in effect this was a tax raising budget - although a lot of us will not notice it directly.  Somebody working with a wife and two kids will be up to £2000 a year worse off after losing their tax credits.  Young get no encouragement at all, basically it is work or learn up to 21 with nothing else.  Grants to poor families who want to send a child to uni have gone to be replaced by a "loan"!  £20,000 a year limit on welfare payments per family - do not disagree with that!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #996 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 22:41:11 »

Essentially the budget punishes poor young people whilst providing breaks for those with enough money that things like student loans and child tax credits are not important.

Living wage is fine. If it rises with the cost of living by 2020. Which it probably won't. So you'll essentially have a minimum wage that doesn't match reality or what people actually need. Possibly even worse off than now, especially in rural areas with petrol prices going nowhere but up and public transport about as common and convenient as hens teeth.

I do think people who have a lot of kids, in the nicest possible way, need to be pubushed a bit. But then I think punishing 3 child families is too much.

I'm struggling to see how my little sister is ever going to escape debt now she is off to uni. I struggle to see how the people who got us into this mess in the first place are still off scott free if not getting breaks.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #997 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 06:14:38 »

Living wage only applies to those 25 and up. So if you can't afford to go to uni any more, you won't be entitled to a decent wage in whatever shitty job you can find.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 07:04:59 »

Living wage only applies to those 25 and up. So if you can't afford to go to uni any more, you won't be entitled to a decent wage in whatever shitty job you can find.
I haven't had a chance to go through it yet. Did he focus on the tax avoidance loopholes utilised by his mates? I'm sure he must have done, as the revenue earned would be substantial and, as we're still in a period of austerity, the Chancellor has a responsibility to ensure that any monies he can save, or get, he is actively targeting.

Or is he just going after the most vulnerable and helpless in society?

(No need to answer, it's a rhetorical question).

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:06:47 »

I haven't had a chance to go through it yet. Did he focus on the tax avoidance loopholes utilised by his mates? I'm sure he must have done, as the revenue earned would be substantial and, as we're still in a period of austerity, the Chancellor has a responsibility to ensure that any monies he can save, or get, he is actively targeting.

Or is he just going after the most vulnerable and helpless in society?

(No need to answer, it's a rhetorical question).
His family are reputed to have made £6 million from  recent offshore deal - will that get taxed?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:09:37 »

He's stolent he phrase 'living wage' and applied it to something that doesn't actually amount to the actual agreed living wage. It's a con.

Much like ceasing child poverty by just redefining it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:22:48 »

I have zero issue with abolishing the tex credits completely - saves not only that money but also the millions spent administering it.  However, it needs immediate rebalancing by having a minimum wage that equals the loss for individuals - the real Living Wage.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1002 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:46:25 »

It's 2015. we need to free people from the tyranny of enforced labour. Don't poo poo this idea until you've done your research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income

http://basicincome.org.uk/reasons-support-basic-income/

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/01/paying-everyone-a-basic-income-would-kill-off-low-paid-menial-jobs

PS, yes I realise my left-wing views don't match my forum hitler reputation.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1003 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:49:26 »

Pros:

No need for an arbitrary minimum wage
No need for an army of civil servants to administer means tested benefits
No benefits fraud
Increase in small business start-ups
No shitty jobs
No need for trade unions

Cons:

What do you do about immigrants/asylum seekers?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:52:46 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn link=topic=55431.msg1338092#msg1338092 date=1436518166

Cons:

What do you do about immigrants/asylum seekers?

[/quote
Don't pay them a penny until they are contributing to OUR systems and deny them access to NHS services until they have paid NI fro at least six months.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: