Pages: 1 ... 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2012421 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #9705 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 12:51:29 »

Was that retraction buried on page 26
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9706 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:42:02 »

Is Boris Johnson the laziest, most cowardly Prime Minister we've ever had?

"Astonishingly this afternoon’s session will mark the first time Johnson has even made a statement in the Commons on coronavirus, and only the second time he has turned up to make a statement on anything at all since this year. We’re also still waiting for his first appearance before the Commons liaison committee, eight and a half months into his premiership. More pressingly the PM has refused to give a press conference or a media interview for the past 11 days, and has managed just one presser since March 25, having been off sick for much of April. Aides say he will only take pre-recorded questions from the public tonight"

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-unlocking-down-you-lead-i-furlough-daves-chicken-run/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9707 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:53:07 »

Is Boris Johnson the laziest, most cowardly Prime Minister we've ever had?
I cannot say for certain by any means but for me he is up there, hes certainly the least truthful one we have had in many many years and I happily include Tony Blair in that.

Yes its a fucking difficult situation for any leader to be in but he eagerly signed up for the job and seems like he wants to play at being Winston Churhill, in fact hes like a Poundland Churchill.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9708 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 10:58:23 »

I cannot say for certain by any means but for me he is up there, hes certainly the least truthful one we have had in many many years and I happily include Tony Blair in that.

Yes its a fucking difficult situation for any leader to be in but he eagerly signed up for the job and seems like he wants to play at being Winston Churhill, in fact hes like a Poundland Churchill.
More like a Poundland Chamberlain.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9709 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 11:14:20 »

Is Dominic Raab the thickest fucker on the planet?

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9710 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:05:09 »

Not saying that this is her primary aim/motiovation, but Nicola Sturgeon is doing an excellent job of recasting Johnson as the Prime Minister of England.  Explicitly over-ruling UK govt policy.

I don't blame her for one second, by the way.  UK govt policy is unravelling, so not unreasonable that she's stepped in to provide coherent guidance for her patch.
Valid Pint

« Reply #9711 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:16:36 »

Andy Burnham, dickhead mayor of Manchester, says he needs funding to run public transport with physical distancing. You hadn't thought of that and planned?
What advice did the trades' unions give to the latest Gov advice? They have been fully consulted for weeks.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9712 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:25:36 »

I'd be stunned if Councils of all Political persuasions are not going cap in hand to the Govt. soon.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:47:11 by RobertT » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9713 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:45:59 »

Is Dominic Raab the thickest fucker on the planet?

Nope the health bloke is.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #9714 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:58:50 »

I'd be stunned if Councils of all Political persuasions are not going cap in hand to the Govt. soon.

Car parking income down, leisure facility income down, business rates income down, public transport income down, investment income down
Council tax income projected to go down as and when unemployment goes up
Cost of caring/protecting vulnerable people way up

Whilst the government have provided additional money, that probably won’t continue. Bear in mind most councils sold off many of their assets during the 10 years of cuts.

I’d expect more Councils, especially smaller unitaries like Swindon, to teeter on the edge of effective bankruptcy.
Appreciate some may think that’s a good thing.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9715 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:22:52 »

Nope the health bloke is.
Even Hancock's going to have to go it some to better the absolute shitshower Raab left behind him this morning:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/11/dominic-raabs-three-lockdown-interviews-which-sparked-confusion-12684695/

But I expect him to put up some strong competition
Valid Pint

« Reply #9716 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 13:33:05 »

Car parking income down, leisure facility income down, business rates income down, public transport income down, investment income down
Council tax income projected to go down as and when unemployment goes up
Cost of caring/protecting vulnerable people way up

Whilst the government have provided additional money, that probably won’t continue. Bear in mind most councils sold off many of their assets during the 10 years of cuts.

I’d expect more Councils, especially smaller unitaries like Swindon, to teeter on the edge of effective bankruptcy.
Appreciate some may think that’s a good thing.
So a further incentive for SBC to sell the CG.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9717 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 14:45:42 »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-facing-bankruptcy-after-governments-18173747

Valid Pint

« Reply #9718 on: Monday, May 11, 2020, 16:11:10 »

Increased Council tax then
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9719 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 14:52:39 »

According to YouGov things are not as rosy for Johnson as some would have you believe.

Starmer now has a higher net leadership rating than Johnson

Starmer +23
Johnson +22

Starmer's ratings have considerably improved, while Johnson's declined by 18 points.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: