Pages: 1 ... 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2015176 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9675 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 09:09:45 »

Whatever your political home, congrats to Alex and Carrie and their new bairn, as she was due 'early summer' the baby was born very early so fingers crossed they are both fine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9676 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 09:16:28 »

Boris drops out of PMQs, apparently because his partner has just given birth. Any excuse to blame Labour!
Cheesy
Valid Pint

« Reply #9677 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:27:37 »

I wonder if the Prime Minister will use his right to parental leave.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9678 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 16:18:28 »

Why do you wonder?
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #9679 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 18:01:06 »

He's delaying it until later in the year.

Wedding when we hit 100k deaths though?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9680 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 08:21:18 »

Quite like the look of this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/08/amsterdam-doughnut-model-mend-post-coronavirus-economy

No doubt most places will take the full on growth approach to economic recovery with maybe climate change and the environment taking a back seat for a while.

Will the opportunity for change be taken or will it be same old, same old.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9681 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 08:28:28 »

Quite like the look of this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/08/amsterdam-doughnut-model-mend-post-coronavirus-economy

No doubt most places will take the full on growth approach to economic recovery with maybe climate change and the environment taking a back seat for a while.

Will the opportunity for change be taken or will it be same old, same old.

I know that a fair few countries (Milan being the most prominent example) are looking at ways to improve public transport and cycleways infrastructure post lockdown as the quiet has allowed things to be analysed better, likewise Manchester are pedestrianising part of Deansgate of the back of this.

If we just fall back into same old same old it will just prove how dense we as a race are.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9682 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 08:52:37 »

I know that a fair few countries (Milan being the most prominent example) are looking at ways to improve public transport and cycleways infrastructure post lockdown as the quiet has allowed things to be analysed better, likewise Manchester are pedestrianising part of Deansgate of the back of this.

If we just fall back into same old same old it will just prove how dense we as a race are.
Species?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9683 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 09:23:48 »

Species?

I was referring to the 'human race' but species does it equally well.
Valid Pint

« Reply #9684 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:17:04 »

Happy 1st May. Great to see the Gov is talking to the major unions in each sector about how to open up businesses again.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #9685 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 06:14:33 »

Haven’t checked the veracity of this but I saw on Twitter someone point out that the day Carrie Symonds gave birth was 40 weeks after Johnson’s first speech as PM.  

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9686 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 06:29:09 »

Probably got Gove to do it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9687 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 09:07:11 »

After Gove's equally repllent wife tweeted a photo of their bookcase with lots of dictator fan books, she's now posted another with books including the Bell Curve, a notorious and long discredited racist tome which argues that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites, and the work of holocaust denier David Irving. Lovely couple

Small wonder that this govt thought it would be fine to employ eugenicists. Or that the coronavirus strategy was to let it sweep through the "herd" and so what if a few thousand pensioners died.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9688 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 10:14:19 »

After Gove's equally repllent wife tweeted a photo of their bookcase with lots of dictator fan books, she's now posted another with books including the Bell Curve, a notorious and long discredited racist tome which argues that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites, and the work of holocaust denier David Irving. Lovely couple

Small wonder that this govt thought it would be fine to employ eugenicists. Or that the coronavirus strategy was to let it sweep through the "herd" and so what if a few thousand pensioners died.

They've got too much money, nobody normal has that many hard backs!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9689 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 10:26:41 »

They've got too much money, nobody normal has that many hard backs!
Erm, I think I might actually .... although a fair few of them are books that didn't have a paperback edition.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 645 [646] 647 648 649 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: