Pages: 1 ... 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2013282 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9585 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 13:13:24 »

I can't read Sunak as anything other than Snoke.,,
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9586 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 13:40:40 »

Seems a reasonably good budget in the circumstances.  Bears no resemblance to anything that the Tories have been saying for the previous decade.  If Labour had proposed something similar, the Tory press would have attacked it viciously.  It will be interesting to see how it's covered in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9587 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 13:51:13 »

Seems a reasonably good budget in the circumstances.  Bears no resemblance to anything that the Tories have been saying for the previous decade.  If Labour had proposed something similar, the Tory press would have attacked it viciously.  It will be interesting to see how it's covered in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail.

Tories brilliant, Labour wankers!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9588 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 13:56:31 »

Seems a reasonably good budget in the circumstances.  Bears no resemblance to anything that the Tories have been saying for the previous decade.  If Labour had proposed something similar, the Tory press would have attacked it viciously.  It will be interesting to see how it's covered in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail.
Barring broadband and the odd nationalisation (which the Tories have already done with Northern Rail), Labour pretty much did propose something similar. Certainly as you say, much closer to the Labour manifesto than anything the Tories proposed.

That aside, so far seems to be sensible and if this does spell the end of austerity, not a moment too soon. Most of that "new spending" and "emergency package" for coronavirus is needed to *start* putting a dent in the damage done by a decade of austerity.

Looking forward to seeing Sunak being attacked as a Marxist crackpot by the usual suspects Smiley

EDIT: the red diesel fuel duty thing specifically excludes agriculture, rail, fishing and domestic heating so I cut that bit out. Although if it's excluding all those sectors, seems a bit pointless really.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:29:49 by pauld » Logged
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #9589 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:16:09 »

Sunak is a slobbering Marxist.

Only good/exiting element of the budget was his reference to works of fiction such as McDonnell's book!

Farming exempt from red deisel tax change I believe? Please try harder as this was a Thunberg climate emergency sop?
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #9590 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:34:30 »

Ok I'm really pissed off now. Whoever thought it was clever to change my forum name (Presumably a moderator/admin) needs to get a fucking life!

I assume this has been done before if a user/posters beliefs are a fraction to the right of pauld?

Goodbye to you all.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #9591 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:36:26 »

Barring broadband and the odd nationalisation (which the Tories have already done with Northern Rail), Labour pretty much did propose something similar. Certainly as you say, much closer to the Labour manifesto than anything the Tories proposed. Although freezing fuel duty except for red diesel seems a bit harsh on farmers, but given they've decided we don't need a food sector, much less agriculture, may as well start the kicking now.

That aside, so far seems to be sensible and if this does spell the end of austerity, not a moment too soon. Most of that "new spending" and "emergency package" for coronavirus is needed to *start* putting a dent in the damage done by a decade of austerity.

Looking forward to seeing Sunak being attacked as a Marxist crackpot by the usual suspects Smiley

Agreed.   I wonder if this big giveaway and borrowing Budget could have been done quite a few years ago (in theory)  when interest rates were also very low, but I don't really get economics, perhaps there were reasons they could not?

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9592 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:37:19 »

Good to see money being set aside to remove combustible cladding from housing. Several years too late, but that's not Sunak's fault.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9593 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 14:37:52 »

Agreed.   I wonder if this big giveaway and borrowing Budget could have been done quite a few years ago (in theory)  when interest rates were also very low, but I don't really get economics, perhaps there were reasons they could not?
There were, but they were political not economic reasons. Austerity was always a political project.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9594 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 15:11:26 »

I can't read Sunak as anything other than Snoke.,,

How about snoek.... Saffer fish

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9595 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 15:29:59 »

Ok I'm really pissed off now. Whoever thought it was clever to change my forum name (Presumably a moderator/admin) needs to get a fucking life!

I assume this has been done before if a user/posters beliefs are a fraction to the right of pauld?

Goodbye to you all.

see ya! Have another cunt point to boot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9596 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 15:31:55 »

Quote from: GosportNob

Goodbye to you all.

soapy tit wank.

Audrey, offering any solidarity?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9597 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 15:44:10 »

Heh
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9598 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 15:45:38 »

Got used to it ages ago. Badger of Honour!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9599 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 18:22:17 »

He's noticed   Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: