Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2017131 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #9555 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 10:16:24 »

I didn't mean your post Horlock, all the previous crap
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9556 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 10:17:58 »

This thread really is unbelievably self-obsessed.

For "Let's Get Political" read "Let's go round in circles trying to prove that I'm better and wiser than you are" whilst ironically proving exactly the opposite.

Yes
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9557 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 10:28:40 »

BBC News and Current Affairs continuing to demonstrate why the whole unit needs scrapping and relaunching, and doing it's best to undermine support for the BBC at a time when it's under govt attack. This time it's interviewing Farage on Newsnight about coronavirus. It's arguable whether he has any relevance to politics any more, he certainly knows less than fuck all about epidemiology.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #9558 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 10:40:25 »

For "Let's Get Political" read "Let's go round in circles trying to prove that I'm better and wiser than you are" whilst ironically proving exactly the opposite.

Actually several posters were lamenting the absence of Chalkie’s Shorts, a pro Tory, pro Brexit poster who actually made coherent points that were thought-provoking, intelligent and interesting.
Contrast that with LL’s lack of engagement save from ad hominem personal attacks, homophobic slurs, “we won, you lost” style taunting and champions league level whataboutery.

PaulD and Horlock are regular posters but they also regularly criticise Labour. Whereas LL seems to treat this thread like it’s a Swindon v Oxford matchday thread where no ground can be conceded to the enemy.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9559 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 10:52:11 »

BBC News and Current Affairs continuing to demonstrate why the whole unit needs scrapping and relaunching, and doing it's best to undermine support for the BBC at a time when it's under govt attack. This time it's interviewing Farage on Newsnight about coronavirus. It's arguable whether he has any relevance to politics any more, he certainly knows less than fuck all about epidemiology.

Although TBF as someone pointed out on Twitter, its just their normal balance editorial standard in that the BBC has tried to understand the story from the point of view of a parasitic, destructive virus that forces its host to self-isolate from its nearest and dearest at great financial cost.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9560 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:12:26 »

Although TBF as someone pointed out on Twitter, its just their normal balance editorial standard in that the BBC has tried to understand the story from the point of view of a parasitic, destructive virus that forces its host to self-isolate from its nearest and dearest at great financial cost.
Cheesy
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #9561 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:31:43 »

Actually several posters were lamenting the absence of Chalkie’s Shorts, a pro Tory, pro Brexit poster who actually made coherent points that were thought-provoking, intelligent and interesting.
Contrast that with LL’s lack of engagement save from ad hominem personal attacks, homophobic slurs, “we won, you lost” style taunting and champions league level whataboutery.

PaulD and Horlock are regular posters but they also regularly criticise Labour. Whereas LL seems to treat this thread like it’s a Swindon v Oxford matchday thread where no ground can be conceded to the enemy.

Fair point though I think that the "no ground can be conceded to the enemy" comment could reasonably be attributed to rather more of us than just LL.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9562 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:31:52 »

Welcome to the internet.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #9563 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:33:43 »

Excellent  Grin.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9564 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:39:11 »

I'll put my (repeatedly washed) hands up here. Baiting LL personally on the Islamophobia thing was a bit twatty. Apologies to both LL and those who waded through the last page.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #9565 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:40:10 »

Fair point though I think that the "no ground can be conceded to the enemy" comment could reasonably be attributed to rather more of us than just LL.

Understood.

I’m sure that, like Chalkie’s Shorts, if a poster with right-wing and/or pro Brexit views was prepared to engage without resorting to name-calling or point-scoring, they’d actually find many posters willing to engage too and maybe even find some common ground. Very few issues are black or white and this thread could be constructively used to discuss the nuances in between.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9566 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 12:49:49 »

Official govt handwashing guide

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9567 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 13:08:29 »

Official govt handwashing guide

The advice doing the rounds up here is to wash your hands like you have been chopping chillis and feel the need to knock one out.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9568 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 13:12:42 »

The advice doing the rounds up here is to wash your hands like you have been chopping chillis and feel the need to knock one out.

or the cleaner (no pun) version is "...chopping chilis knowing you've got to put contact lenses back in again."

The burn would be felt all round and in any case  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9569 on: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 22:32:45 »

Even if a majority of members don't like this thread, does it really matter?  This really is overall a relatively very civilised politics thread and a credit to TEF-ers.  Chalkies' influence?  Dissenting members have other threads, can create their own new ones or simply not return, with or without a flounce.

No one here is going to change the world or win the internet.  We do all actually know that.

Racism and xenophobia (as I see it  Wink ) is my personal bugbear, so apologies in advance for where I may in the future overstep the mark in any exchange.  Hypocrisy is always a laugh and I think most of us can see that in all parties, even if we more easily see it in our political opposites (if any).
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: