Pages: 1 ... 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010921 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9150 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:15:15 »

I was chatting my son who also lives out here. We have both informed HMRC we now live in Greece. He told me that he was now no longer entitled to claim child benefit.

I always thought universal social benefits were payable no matter where you live in the EU.

He is unable to claim any Greek social benefit - if he needed to - for 5 years. This was also an option for the UK to impose on others entering the UK. The UK government chose not to and only imposed a 3 month wait.

So all this bollocks about Johnny Foreigner coming here just for the benefits is actually a UK choice. They could have introduced a 5 year wait if they wanted to. It has nothing at all to do with being in the EU.
Yes that was always the case. Like most of this shit, it was largely made up. Substantial amounts by one Alexander Pfeffel Boris Johnson who made a career in journalism out of manufacturing lies about the EU for the right-wing press who lapped it up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9151 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:16:37 »

yeah but deytookouuurjooooobs
Flashheart

« Reply #9152 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:17:18 »

It's one of the biggest lies of all from the leave campaign, and others.

Britain always had control over its borders. It was always able to limit immigration, the (British) government just chose not to.

IF, there has been too much immigration, it's not the EU's fault - the blame lies fairly and squarely with the government which has, for some time, been the same people that are blaming the EU.

And the unwashed massed continue to lap it all up.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9153 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:35:17 »

Disabled man starved to death after his benefits were stopped

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-51283186

IDS got a knighthood for this.

Saw that, shocking in a so called civilised Country.

Setting aside the petty bollocks about Bercow not getting a knighthood, the one that seems more shocking is Ken Clarke when you compare him with IDS.

I see there is a Blur V Oasis type battle for the music charts in the remain v Brexit camp.

Remain's song is 'Ode to Joy' whereas the Brexit offering is by a gentleman called Dominic Frisby with his song '17 million fuck offs'

https://order-order.com/2020/01/27/get-17-million-f-os-number-1-time-brexit/

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/eu-anthem-ode-to-joy-by-andre-rieu-to-chart-this-week-1-6487860

Sad isn't it, although it does illustrate one peculiar thing.

Much has been made by the Brexiteers of Friday being some sort of celebration, however, as this song seems to illustrate they seem very keen on celebrating that they 'won' but not celebrating what their win means?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9154 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 13:46:21 »

Much has been made by the Brexiteers of Friday being some sort of celebration, however, as this song seems to illustrate they seem very keen on celebrating that they 'won' but not celebrating what their win means?
If LL is anything to go by, that might be because they can't explain what it means, beyond that they "won". "Brexit means Brexit", to coin a phrase.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9155 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:11:57 »

Are there going to be big parties on Friday night to celebrate this auspicious occasion. I've not been invited to anything Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9156 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:18:04 »

Are there going to be big parties on Friday night to celebrate this auspicious occasion. I've not been invited to anything Sad
well there's this one, with "Brittish" food and music from "Brittish" singers such as Kylie Smiley

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9157 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:22:38 »

well there's this one, with "Brittish" food and music from "Brittish" singers such as Kylie Smiley

And 'Beetles', although that might just be the food they are serving!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9158 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:23:11 »

I imagine British food will encapsulate a good Curry & maybe SpagBol
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9159 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:27:41 »

Kylie!!

Apparently, she has British citizenship mind you!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:41:13 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9160 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:28:13 »

Is that Wobbly Bob in the background? 

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9161 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:43:26 »

Is that Wobbly Bob in the background? 

I should be so lucky.

Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9162 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 14:54:21 »

Probably the most famous group in the world - ever. Beetles!

Ffs.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9163 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 16:17:07 »

The realisation that irrelevance beckons?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-second-referendum-farage-speech-european-parliament-eu-a9307986.html
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9164 on: Friday, January 31, 2020, 09:39:07 »

An historic day.  My mind wanders back to Friday 24th June 16, I bumped into FB in the Vic, I wasn't at my best explaining I'd been up til about 5:00 in the pub, watching the results come in.... he wondered why.... I explained: history being made.

So here we are 3 and a half year later, still none the wiser what Leave will achieve. According to Tomlinson it's....

“We have taken back control of our borders, laws and money, and will once again have an independent trade policy.

as I said none the wiser.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: