Pages: 1 ... 594 595 596 [597] 598 599 600 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996383 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8940 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 17:12:26 »

Ok, this has got me thinking. Only a week after the election result (in which I felt personally disgraced by and now feel that I am not represented in Parliament) and I've had time to reflect a bit more. I want to ask this to people who voted similar to myself. Conservative and other party voters please feel free to chip in.

Initially though, to my left wing Pro-EU friends. I have a random hypothetical question;

Let’s say something really weird had happened in the last Tory leadership election, and a candidate supporting a second referendum had won. Let’s also say that Labour had continued to maintain a Pro-Leave stance, meaning that the Conservatives offered the only real prospect of staying in the EU.

Would you have voted Tory, assuming that you wouldn’t be able to boot them out immediately afterwards, and there would be a very good chance that we would have a Conservative government for the next five years, with (apart from Brexit) roughly similar policies to those that they have now?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8941 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 19:14:13 »

Ok, this has got me thinking. Only a week after the election result (in which I felt personally disgraced by and now feel that I am not represented in Parliament) and I've had time to reflect a bit more. I want to ask this to people who voted similar to myself. Conservative and other party voters please feel free to chip in.

Initially though, to my left wing Pro-EU friends. I have a random hypothetical question;

Let’s say something really weird had happened in the last Tory leadership election, and a candidate supporting a second referendum had won. Let’s also say that Labour had continued to maintain a Pro-Leave stance, meaning that the Conservatives offered the only real prospect of staying in the EU.

Would you have voted Tory, assuming that you wouldn’t be able to boot them out immediately afterwards, and there would be a very good chance that we would have a Conservative government for the next five years, with (apart from Brexit) roughly similar policies to those that they have now?

Labour had a pro Leave stance, but negotiate a new WA and put that to a Ref.  There was the problem in trying to be honest to all opinions within the party and voters, it lacked clarity.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8942 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 19:57:24 »

Labour had a pro Leave stance, but negotiate a new WA and put that to a Ref.  There was the problem in trying to be honest to all opinions within the party and voters, it lacked clarity.

Yes but you haven't answered the question posed *scoff*. It does clearly state, hypothetically..."had Labour continued to maintain a Pro-Leave..."

Yet the question is an the following paragraph. No curve ball here. Because it seems a lot of us have had a good old moan about it being on the other foot (ie, the GE result), so it's interesting to know how us remain voters would've chosen to vote, in tge scemario mentioned above.

Go on Reg, set the tone and give an opinion that actually answers the question posed Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8943 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 20:23:28 »

Yes but you haven't answered the question posed *scoff*. It does clearly state, hypothetically..."had Labour continued to maintain a Pro-Leave..."

Yet the question is an the following paragraph. No curve ball here. Because it seems a lot of us have had a good old moan about it being on the other foot (ie, the GE result), so it's interesting to know how us remain voters would've chosen to vote, in tge scemario mentioned above.

Go on Reg, set the tone and give an opinion that actually answers the question posed Smiley

it clearly states had Labour continued to maintain a pro Leave stance (hypothetically) nothing hypothetical they did.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8944 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 20:26:49 »

I would find it hard to think of a situation where I would ever consider voting Tory. They might as well be Britain First compared to me.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8945 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 20:58:50 »

It's a bit of an odd question, but no I wouldn't.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8946 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 22:04:00 »

it clearly states had Labour continued to maintain a pro Leave stance (hypothetically) nothing hypothetical they did.

In the fucking scenario. We didn't have a Pro-Remain Tory government but the question asks if there had been. If you don't want to answer the fucking question, then don't bother answering at all.  Stop twisiting up what was asked if you come back and say the same thing again and don't answer I'll just a assume you're being a trolly cunt because you've been on one all week. Then accuse people of bullying! No Reg, you're just being a cunt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8947 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 22:09:11 »

It's a bit of an odd question, but no I wouldn't.

Yes it is to a degree but the idea is to create a reverse circumstance. Many are claiming that a lot of Labour Leave voters turned to Tory because the Tories favoured Brexit and Labour weren't as clear. So the scenario says that had it been, the Tories had clarity on Remaining in the EU, would Labour Remain voters have done the so called "unthinkable" and voted Tory to ensure we stayed within the EU.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8948 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 22:13:40 »

I would find it hard to think of a situation where I would ever consider voting Tory. They might as well be Britain First compared to me.

Despite any differences we may have, we share a common ground there and it would indeed be incredibly tough to vote Tory in it's current guise. The question posed does bring a difficult scenario to negotiate. Swallowing pride to ensure remaining in the EU or sticking to voting principles. I am for the most part, a Green but I had to vote  tactically in my constituency.

'Incessant Nonsense'

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8949 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 23:16:38 »

In the fucking scenario. We didn't have a Pro-Remain Tory government but the question asks if there had been. If you don't want to answer the fucking question, then don't bother answering at all.  Stop twisiting up what was asked if you come back and say the same thing again and don't answer I'll just a assume you're being a trolly cunt because you've been on one all week. Then accuse people of bullying! No Reg, you're just being a cunt.

fuck me. go to bed or drink some water
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8950 on: Friday, December 20, 2019, 23:52:04 »

fuck me. go to bed or drink some water

Sorry that the question is beyond comprehension to you and you're unable to grasp the idea of how to answer it.

Not everyone is out on the piss for "Black Eye completely and utterly rammed with wankers, Friday" but I don't know many folk in the UK who go to bed at 11.15pm on a Friday night either. Each to their own.

'Incessant Nonsense'

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #8951 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 00:45:23 »

This and it made me realise what a bubble I live in.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8952 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 06:15:18 »

I was in bed by 10pm last night, with the contents of only one 330ml can of lager inside me.

Caveat is I had to be up at 5am for a flight so I have an excuse! 8 days in the West of Ireland ahead, plenty of lovely creamy Guinness on the agenda! Can’t wait!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8953 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 09:31:10 »

Sorry that the question is beyond comprehension to you and you're unable to grasp the idea of how to answer it.

Not everyone is out on the piss for "Black Eye completely and utterly rammed with wankers, Friday" but I don't know many folk in the UK who go to bed at 11.15pm on a Friday night either. Each to their own.

it was a suggestion for you.

its obviously high priority on a friday night that you demand some answers from others and going on an abusive rant to Reg.

by the way i voted Tory  Smug Fuck Off i had my reasons. As did the majority of Swindon and the majority of the UK. I could answer it but I very much doubt it matters to anyone on here and I prefer to chat STFC on this forum.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8954 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 09:59:46 »

it was a suggestion for you.

its obviously high priority on a friday night that you demand some answers from others and going on an abusive rant to Reg.

by the way i voted Tory  Smug Fuck Off i had my reasons. As did the majority of Swindon and the majority of the UK. I could answer it but I very much doubt it matters to anyone on here and I prefer to chat STFC on this forum.

I don't take Bambi's stuff as abusive, I know he gets a bit carried away at times, but is essentially well meaning,  I;m just trying to clarify waht he mens by his thought experiment.

BTW the Tories didn't win the majority of votes cast in the UK,
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 596 [597] 598 599 600 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: