Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2018881 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8775 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:04:51 »

Feels nice living in a vibrant democracy, thanks. How is the defence of workers’ rights going over there?
Bloody hell. This from a country where the French far right under Le Pen got more seats in the EU election than Macron.

Just what direction does that show?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8776 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:05:29 »

Don’t think you realise how far the uk is slipping behind. As someone on the outside looking in it’s startling. When I was living in the uk it’s the norm you’re used to stuff. You come back and visit and it’s quite horrifying how much it’s changed. Simple things like litter, graffiti, weeds in the pavement. I know none of you want to hear that and I hate saying it but it’s really depressing and I can see it only getting worse
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8777 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:05:43 »

The people have spoken. Have a good day everyone.
They have indeed, the slightly more vexing question is whether Scotland and Nord Ireland will get what their people spoke.

Sent from my SM-J330FN
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8778 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:09:43 »

Don’t think you realise how far the uk is slipping behind. As someone on the outside looking in it’s startling. When I was living in the uk it’s the norm you’re used to stuff. You come back and visit and it’s quite horrifying how much it’s changed. Simple things like litter, graffiti, weeds in the pavement. I know none of you want to hear that and I hate saying it but it’s really depressing and I can see it only getting worse

I agree about the litter, graffiti and crap roads, but unemployment in Spain is 14%, 8.5% in France and the UK is 3%.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:12:06 by 4D » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8779 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:24:40 »

I’m not wanting to get in an argument etc.
the whole we have the “best” in the world statements is utter shite. Education, health, transportation, energy prices etc. the uk has fallen dramatically in the last 10 years
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8780 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:42:35 »

I agree about the litter, graffiti and crap roads, but unemployment in Spain is 14%, 8.5% in France and the UK is 3%.
The 3% bollocks is a total myth, you only have to work an hour a week to be considered employed under the recording method.

Sent from my SM-J330FN
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8781 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:03:51 »

They have indeed, the slightly more vexing question is whether Scotland and Nord Ireland will get what their people spoke.

Sent from my SM-J330FN

Given time it will be revealed won’t it. Personally I do not believe either will be better off being ruled by the EU. They have devolved power, they may end up with a bit more power if they play their cards right. The EU ATM does not need two more members taking out of a budget that is going to come under a lot of financial tress going forward. The desire to be ruled by Brussels is driven by a ‘dislike’ of the English more than anything else.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:16:45 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #8782 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:22:16 »

We're hardly a struggling country when you take a look around the world. People need to get a grip.

I think people struggling will be relieved to hear that. Maybe the homeless, and families that can't afford to feed their kids should get a grip?

I'm OK here, it won't affect me. I might even benefit if the pound continues to rise (which I doubt).

I'd probably be OK if I was in the UK as well, I've always had a stable job. There'd be enough people below me in the pecking order likely to lose out before I would. I'd be OK.

But I'm not in the UK anyway. I'm in Thailand with a fairly stable income and have access to an affordable (and decent) healthcare system. (I wonder how many people in the UK can say that in 5 years' time). In the next few years or so I hope to be a business owner that can call myself well-off. I'm OK.

I'm OK. And you're OK.

It's all those that are not OK that I feel for. Things are only likely to get worse for them, and a lot more people are likely to end up in their position as well. Hurrah for foodbanks.

And it's all avoidable.

Ignore
« Reply #8783 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:24:31 »

As someone who hasn't been in Swindon for years I think you'd be extremely shocked at the town nowadays. It really is a shit hole.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8784 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:31:26 »

I’m just looking forward to the inevitable calls for a ‘People’s Election’  Cheesy

Flashheart

« Reply #8785 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:34:38 »

As someone who hasn't been in Swindon for years I think you'd be extremely shocked at the town nowadays. It really is a shit hole.

So I gather.

And the people of Swindon continue to vote in a Tory council as well. The mind is boggled.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8786 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:41:23 »

It's a shame labour didn't get in, they would have fixed everything  Roll Eyes
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8787 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:42:55 »

The 3% bollocks is a total myth, you only have to work an hour a week to be considered employed under the recording method.

Sent from my SM-J330FN

No comment about the Spanish or French figures? Handy that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8788 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:43:10 »

I completely understand that people who voted to leave (mainly in the midlands and the north of England) want Brexit. But their constituencies were ripped apart by the conservatives historically and they are now placing the next 5 years in Boris' hands to ensure that they get the Brexit that they voted for.

Desperate times and desperate measures i guess. I just hope that these people don't live (or die) to regret their decision.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #8789 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 08:43:38 »

They would have at least fucking tried.

Ah well. At least the rich are going to get richer. Good for them.
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: