Pages: 1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996504 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #8640 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:32:08 »

88%-0% apart I believe....

In summary this would have done Goebbels proud...

https://dorseteye.com/strap-yourselves-in-folks-one-of-the-political-stories-of-the-century-is-brewing/

16. It’s then discovered that Sheree Jenner-Hepburn’s son has a Facebook friend with a very prominent role within this story which may cast light on the motives behind the fake post.

17. It’s… Matt Hancock’s account!!!

That final part should send chills down peoples' spines.

But nothing will happen.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #8641 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:48:06 »

My wife and I have voted by post for Labour, as the least bad option, a good candidate I believe, and with a chance of getting rid of Buckland.

We know a few new voters who are voting Labour, so looking forward to an upset in Swindon South. Unlikely, but not impossible.

ust be the oldest
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #8642 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:05:57 »

I'm torn between burning down the polling station or just sitting on my arse avoiding the whole steaming mess.

A farcical, offensive and incompetent opposition empowers a toxic, unchecked government all fuelled by an unprecedented era of manipulation & media fuckwittery. The use of media by both sides is abhorrent. The creation of and distribution of lies, half-truths and general fuckwittery is despicable, without precedent and terrifying in terms of its scope and scale in the future.

Best bet - don't let anything in the media sway your vote at this point, because the chances of it being completely as it seems are slim, irrelevant of side.

My prediction: BJ gets a working majority by a gnat's cock (bad), JC resigns (good), we leave Europe (bad) but the very fine silver lining is that Labour have a chance to appoint a genuine leader who can build a viable alternative, start holding the government to account and provide a true option next GE.

The damage done by both parties in the last five years will take a generation to overcome.

Yea well done I go along with this summary as a few others on here have also - the damage caused by the referendum cannot be discounted - I only hope and pray we are never asked to do so ever again. I find it really quite sad the mess that has been created by all of this - I hope it will stop soon but know it won`t...my own New Year`s resolution is to find something better to do than engage as ultimately there really is fuck all that I can do to change anything

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #8643 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:13:11 »

My wife and I have voted by post for Labour, as the least bad option, a good candidate I believe, and with a chance of getting rid of Buckland.

We know a few new voters who are voting Labour, so looking forward to an upset in Swindon South. Unlikely, but not impossible.

I think she has a fair chance. Was pretty close last time and can go further his time around and oust the vile Tory boy, hopefully.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8644 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:17:04 »

The way you describe the opposition is how I'd describe the current conservative offering. They are farcical, offensive and incompetent in my opinion. They are also dishonest to the core.
Let's be honest, they're both a shower of shit. Leaving aside the actual parties, just as any halfway competent leader of the opposition should be wiping the floor with the buffoon Johnson, so likewise any Tory leader remotely capable should be blowing Corbyn out of the water, not watching their poll lead narrow every time they open their halfwit mouth (or hide in a fridge because their aides are terrified they might do)

Ignore
« Reply #8645 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:22:48 »

Let's be honest, they're both a shower of shit. Leaving aside the actual parties, just as any halfway competent leader of the opposition should be wiping the floor with the buffoon Johnson, so likewise any Tory leader remotely capable should be blowing Corbyn out of the water, not watching their poll lead narrow every time they open their halfwit mouth (or hide in a fridge because their aides are terrified they might do)

To a point I agree. But when you look around the respective parties, how they vote in the commons and how they conduct themselves, the things they say etc shows one side is much worse than the other.
Tory MPs are just horrible people to me. No compassion and just lie after lie. I'd take an incompetent, honest person over any of them. Flaws and all.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8646 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:26:56 »

I think I am going to deliberately get pissed tomorrow evening just so I am not tempted to stay up and watch the inevitably depressing results!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8647 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:32:42 »

To a point I agree. But when you look around the respective parties, how they vote in the commons and how they conduct themselves, the things they say etc shows one side is much worse than the other.
Tory MPs are just horrible people to me. No compassion and just lie after lie. I'd take an incompetent, honest person over any of them. Flaws and all.
Oh I agree. I was just comparing the two leaders as being as inept as each other. And I'd throw Swinson in there as well, she's proper ballsed up what should have been a good opportunity for the Lib Dems. Difference being I suppose that Johnson is also malignant and dishonest as well as incompetent.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8648 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:36:23 »

MPs are just horrible people to me. No compassion and just lie after lie.
Just this, no need for the rest of the post.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8649 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:42:22 »

Fair play, I personally don’t know enough information about each and every single one of the 650 MPs to make that judgement so I’ll take your word for it
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8650 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:43:11 »

Oh I agree. I was just comparing the two leaders as being as inept as each other. And I'd throw Swinson in there as well, she's proper ballsed up what should have been a good opportunity for the Lib Dems. Difference being I suppose that Johnson is also malignant and dishonest as well as incompetent.

And going to be PM, there was never realistically a possibility of Corbyn or Swinson getting into no.10 without some manner of coalition to temper their most extreme ideas.

In other news LK is now reporting what the postal votes are saying, despite it being illegal for them to be looked at before polls close.

Ignore
« Reply #8651 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 14:48:16 »

Just this, no need for the rest of the post.

Your opinion, not mine.
Not all are
Flashheart

« Reply #8652 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:41:48 »

Kuenssburg's in trouble again.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8653 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:42:22 »

Kuenssburg's in trouble again.
Just see that. But will she actually get in trouble though?
Flashheart

« Reply #8654 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 16:45:00 »

From what I know, it may well be illegal.

Pages: 1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: