Pages: 1 ... 573 574 575 [576] 577 578 579 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2017198 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #8625 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:11:50 »

He's far from being over the line.

Yesterday's prediction by MRP says there's 14 seats in it between a tory majority and a hung parliament. I know it's only a poll, but he'd be mad to be treating it as though he's already won.

Ignore
« Reply #8626 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:22:35 »

The nail in Labours election coffin will come from working class people who think Brexit is needed and want it by the looks of it. These are the very people who will need the services the Tories have cut and will continue to cut to the bones. Turkeys and Christmas and all that...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8627 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:25:59 »

The nail in Labours election coffin will come from working class people who think Brexit is needed and want it by the looks of it. These are the very people who will need the services the Tories have cut and will continue to cut to the bones. Turkeys and Christmas and all that...

Isn't it a favourite Tory saying that the poor stay poor because they make the wrong decisions?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #8628 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:33:55 »

Isn't it a favourite Tory saying that the poor stay poor because they make the wrong decisions?

In some cases they are correct there then, it would appear.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8629 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:44:13 »

In some cases they are correct there then, it would appear.

Oh, how they'll laugh over their cognacs in their leather armchairs at the poor deluded sops.

They've finally broken the British working man's affiliation with Labour. Even Thatcher couldn't bring the north home for them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8630 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:57:14 »

I understand he had relented and is doing one on BBC this afternoon with Mr Tumble?
Well he's said he might, but has refused to name the exact time and place while he looks for a bigger fridge to hide in
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8631 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:58:23 »

He's far from being over the line.

Yesterday's prediction by MRP says there's 14 seats in it between a tory majority and a hung parliament. I know it's only a poll, but he'd be mad to be treating it as though he's already won.
If there's one thing we know about Johnson, aside from being a lying coward, it's his absolute sense of entitlement. Of course he's treating it as if he's already won.

Ignore
« Reply #8632 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:11:32 »

Oh, how they'll laugh over their cognacs in their leather armchairs at the poor deluded sops.

They've finally broken the British working man's affiliation with Labour. Even Thatcher couldn't bring the north home for them.

Crazy times we live in
Panda Paws

« Reply #8633 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:12:52 »

I'm torn between burning down the polling station or just sitting on my arse avoiding the whole steaming mess.

A farcical, offensive and incompetent opposition empowers a toxic, unchecked government all fuelled by an unprecedented era of manipulation & media fuckwittery. The use of media by both sides is abhorrent. The creation of and distribution of lies, half-truths and general fuckwittery is despicable, without precedent and terrifying in terms of its scope and scale in the future.

Best bet - don't let anything in the media sway your vote at this point, because the chances of it being completely as it seems are slim, irrelevant of side.

My prediction: BJ gets a working majority by a gnat's cock (bad), JC resigns (good), we leave Europe (bad) but the very fine silver lining is that Labour have a chance to appoint a genuine leader who can build a viable alternative, start holding the government to account and provide a true option next GE.

The damage done by both parties in the last five years will take a generation to overcome.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8634 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:20:30 »

I'm torn between burning down the polling station or just sitting on my arse avoiding the whole steaming mess.

A farcical, offensive and incompetent opposition empowers a toxic, unchecked government all fuelled by an unprecedented era of manipulation & media fuckwittery. The use of media by both sides is abhorrent. The creation of and distribution of lies, half-truths and general fuckwittery is despicable, without precedent and terrifying in terms of its scope and scale in the future.

Best bet - don't let anything in the media sway your vote at this point, because the chances of it being completely as it seems are slim, irrelevant of side.

My prediction: BJ gets a working majority by a gnat's cock (bad), JC resigns (good), we leave Europe (bad) but the very fine silver lining is that Labour have a chance to appoint a genuine leader who can build a viable alternative, start holding the government to account and provide a true option next GE.

The damage done by both parties in the last five years will take a generation to overcome.
Think you're spot on with all this. Hope you're right on your prediction as I think that's the best (likely) outcome at this point
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8635 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:27:06 »

The only hope now, I guess, is that Johnson's behaviour in the last few days - hiding in fridges to avoid questions and failing to show an empathy with the plight of a sick child - finally starts to have an effect.  But, as above, I doubt it.  Positions are more entrenched now than is normal.  I have a feeling that the polls this time will be a more reliable indicator of the eventual result than was the case in 2015 & 2017.

I've gone full Reg/Victor Meldrew on this, I'm afraid.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8636 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:47:56 »

How is the Labour Party going to appoint an ‘acceptable to the people’ leader when it’s been purged of all but the slavering Corbynistas? I’d have thought Tom Watson could have been a prospective leader but he’s now legged it.

From whatever political persuasion, there is a complete lack of decent, honest and capable people to choose from. Career politicians with no perception of the real world keeps throwing up this bunch of incompetents.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8637 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 12:58:02 »

I wish this forum had a like function, just so I could show appreciation for your repeated use of fuckwittery!

In terms of your predictions;
BJ gets a working majority by a gnat's cock - as its stands I fear this is the best that can be hoped for, unless the tactical voting just hasn't been picked up in the polling/Johnson shoots a child in the next 24 hours.

JC resigns (good), we leave Europe (bad) but the very fine silver lining is that Labour have a chance to appoint a genuine leader who can build a viable alternative, start holding the government to account and provide a true option next GE. - Even now I am not convinced that Corbyn would go, even after a monumental defeat (which is unlikely to happen). Under him the party has become, to many, a cult, one only has to look at the way the faithful spun the 2017 election and the Euro's/locals defeats this year to see that winning seems less important that purity to many (not all). Likewise as the preferred replacements (even if Corbyn does go, those electing the new leader aren't going to change) seem to be Long-Bailey or Rayner I just don't see a bright new dawn, I hope I am wrong.

The damage done by both parties in the last five years will take a generation to overcome. - Will it, if anyone thinks that after the shit show of the last 9 years that a vote for the Tories is good for the country, I fear they are lost and will just continue to do same for ever, the Tories have morphed into the ENP yet are still winning elections so they are doing something right for 40 odd% of the population. Likewise unless Labour suddenly lurch centrewards again they will retain their core supporters.

There is a gaping hole in the centre of UK politics, however our present system does not support new parties so who knows?

Ignore
« Reply #8638 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:13:12 »

Well I'm not going to entirely agree whilst you do make valid points and think you have a view many share.

The way you describe the opposition is how I'd describe the current conservative offering. They are farcical, offensive and incompetent in my opinion. They are also dishonest to the core.

The dishonesty and media manipulation has come from the Tories as fact checking has proven. I'm not excusing Labour but I don't think the 2 main parties can be compared in that way. They're miles apart, for me at least.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8639 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:27:14 »

They're miles apart, for me at least.

88%-0% apart I believe....

Good lad https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-liberal-democrats-labour-stockton-south-brendan-devlin-a9241981.html

In summary this would have done Goebbels proud...

https://dorseteye.com/strap-yourselves-in-folks-one-of-the-political-stories-of-the-century-is-brewing/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 13:32:40 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 575 [576] 577 578 579 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: