Pages: 1 ... 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010482 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #8505 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 18:09:28 »

Just sayin'

That one's a bit dodgy apparently. But they published another 'improved' one that still had labour closing the gap by 2 points.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8506 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 18:33:45 »

That one's a bit dodgy apparently. But they published another 'improved' one that still had labour closing the gap by 2 points.
If the last 2 elections and the referendum have shown us anything it's that all polls are a bit dodgy up until the one on Dec 12th.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8507 on: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 23:19:43 »

They've also showed that the exit polls @ 10pm are generally spot on.  That's the poll we need to wait for.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8508 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 09:06:09 »

As always I am in a quandry about voting.

I am and always have been a labour voter, not ashamed of that, thats how I was brought up, dad being a shop steward for many many years he passed that down to myself and my sister, who herself is a shop steward at the Council in Swindon.

But the problem is I live in the Yeovil parliamentary seat a staunch Liberal seat right up until the last election when the Conservatives got in with a massive 54% of the vote. People locally took it on themselves to vote away from their traditional Liberal vote after many years of Paddy Ashdown and then David Laws, labour has always been 3rd or even 4th in the polls.

Last election the labour candidate got only 12% of the vote, Liberals got 30%.

I despise Jo Swinson but I absolutely hate Marcus Fysh and the Conservatives and want rid of him and them from the seat.

Usually I vote for the Liberals just to stop the Tories getting another seat, that didn't work last time out, so should I vote with my conscience for Labour or vote for a leader I dislike hugely just to stop (possibly or even probable) another Tory seat?

Hold your nose and vote libdem. This is not the election for sticking with principles.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8509 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 13:14:24 »

As always I am in a quandry about voting.

I am and always have been a labour voter, not ashamed of that, thats how I was brought up, dad being a shop steward for many many years he passed that down to myself and my sister, who herself is a shop steward at the Council in Swindon.

But the problem is I live in the Yeovil parliamentary seat a staunch Liberal seat right up until the last election when the Conservatives got in with a massive 54% of the vote. People locally took it on themselves to vote away from their traditional Liberal vote after many years of Paddy Ashdown and then David Laws, labour has always been 3rd or even 4th in the polls.

Last election the labour candidate got only 12% of the vote, Liberals got 30%.

I despise Jo Swinson but I absolutely hate Marcus Fysh and the Conservatives and want rid of him and them from the seat.

Usually I vote for the Liberals just to stop the Tories getting another seat, that didn't work last time out, so should I vote with my conscience for Labour or vote for a leader I dislike hugely just to stop (possibly or even probable) another Tory seat?
Jo Swinson has about as much chance of becoming PM as I have of growing a womb. So if you vote Lib Dem you're not voting for the leader you dislike, you're voting for their local candidate and to stop the Tories getting the majority they need to continue their destruction of the UK
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #8510 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 16:59:26 »

Read the Sunday Times front page report on the documents apparently leaked from the Labour Party disciplinary unit.

I hesitate to criticise it given that the quotes printed, if true, are pretty horrific. Shades of the BNP in the bad old days.

But, it seems remarkable that this has been leaked 4 days before the election when the documents themselves are not that new.  The perfect amount of time for them to be circulated widely but not nearly enough time for the Labour Party to be able to mount a properly documented rebuttal.

Why would a Labour Party official who genuinely wished the party well at the general election choose this weekend to suddenly develop a conscience?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8511 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 18:14:45 »

Read the Sunday Times front page report on the documents apparently leaked from the Labour Party disciplinary unit.

I hesitate to criticise it given that the quotes printed, if true, are pretty horrific. Shades of the BNP in the bad old days.

But, it seems remarkable that this has been leaked 4 days before the election when the documents themselves are not that new.  The perfect amount of time for them to be circulated widely but not nearly enough time for the Labour Party to be able to mount a properly documented rebuttal.

Why would a Labour Party official who genuinely wished the party well at the general election choose this weekend to suddenly develop a conscience?
The left have always been better at fighting among themselves than focusing on the groups they nominally exist to oppose
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #8512 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 20:50:02 »

And we get a choice of either Johnson or Corbyn!  Crying

https://twitter.com/janneriitakorpi/status/1203736946994012160?s=21
Flashheart

« Reply #8513 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 08:49:21 »

BALANCE

Because key components of the Brexit deal are definitely comparable to watching the Queen on TV.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8514 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 09:21:44 »

BALANCE

Because key components of the Brexit deal are definitely comparable to watching the Queen on TV.

As I'm sure you realise, the point she's making that they have both deliberately lied and been caught out doing so.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #8515 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 09:23:26 »

As I'm sure you realise, the point she's making that they have both deliberately lied and been caught out doing so.

Yes

One about key policies on Brexit, and the other about what they watch on the telly.

*It's also quite typical of her. She will be happy to tweet negative stuff about Corbyn and mention nobody else but, when it comes to posting negative stuff about Boris, she ends with *and Corbyn something*.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8516 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 09:56:06 »

Yes the subject matter is vastly different in importance but he was asked a question, his instinctive reaction was to lie because he didn’t want to tell the truth.

We know Boris lies, it’s in his nature. Saint Jezza lies as well
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8517 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 09:56:58 »

Postal voted, yes I voted Lib Dems for tactical reasons.

It's probably what I would have done too, but I wouldn't have been happy about it!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8518 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 10:02:15 »

It's probably what I would have done too, but I wouldn't have been happy about it!
No it was difficult, me and the wife and our 2 daughters did exactly the same, under duress.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #8519 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 10:38:37 »

Yes the subject matter is vastly different in importance but he was asked a question, his instinctive reaction was to lie because he didn’t want to tell the truth.

We know Boris lies, it’s in his nature. Saint Jezza lies as well

That's the problem, if Jezza had been confident enough to have just said he doesnt sit down and watch at 15:00, which i suspect the majority of people dont, then he'd have been fine.

Why make up a story,

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 567 [568] 569 570 571 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: