Pages: 1 ... 557 558 559 [560] 561 562 563 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2006869 times)
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #8385 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 14:53:55 »

By way of some light relief - Tory candidate can't be bothered to turn up for hustings debate on climate change so sends a local councillor instead who decides not to stick around for the Q&A, but leaves via a rear exit after making a short speech. Only to find it's a dead end, doesn't want to go back through the hall because she'll look a twat and ends up stuck in a back yard for 45 minutes before having to climb over bins to get over the fence:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/03/no-great-escape-tory-scales-fence-and-bins-to-exit-climate-hustings-lewes

Smiley

It was clearly all too much for poor old Maria Caulfield who deleted her twitter account when this story broke last night.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8386 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:15:53 »

Abbott is just shit. Or rather she comes across as shit in interview.

Therefore she is a figure of ridicule
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8387 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:17:25 »

Quote from: pauld
Being thick as pig shit most likely.
Can't be that or they'd all be piling into Raab and Mark Francois

they do
Flashheart

« Reply #8388 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:24:56 »

Therefore she is a figure of ridicule

Which is fine.

But the point is that other figures of ridiculed are not also ridiculed. Not to the same degree anyway.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8389 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:25:56 »

This was the original quote
I just cannot put my finger on why people single out Diane Abbott for specific vitriol its really strange, its almost like there is something specifically about her that offends or riles many right wingers?  Hmmm
Can't be that or they'd all be piling into Raab and Mark Francois

they do
They (right wingers) don't. The same right wingers who so deride Abbott absolutely love Hard Brexiter Francois and "Didn't know about trade going through Dover and Calais, wants to privatise the NHS" Raab
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8390 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:27:12 »

well no, right wingers don't .

the rest of the public via social media do
Flashheart

« Reply #8391 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:28:09 »

News: Boris Johnson insults all working-class men, single mothers, their children, black people, muslims, gay people, and pretty much anybody that is not a straight, white, toff.

Also news: Traitor Jeremy Corbyn doesn't watch the Queen's speech*

*He visits homeless shelters instead.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8392 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:29:21 »

Nothing to see here, move along the bus....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-no-deal-nato-trump-nhs-general-election-a9232601.html

Ignore
« Reply #8393 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:45:55 »

Not to anywhere near the extent Abbott does. I'd wager she gets more alone than the entire conservative party collectively do.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8394 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 15:47:14 »

And rightly so. But horlock asked what it might be about Abbott specifically that caused so many right wingers to latch on to her? And I suggested it wasn't stupidity as GR said, or else those same right wingers would pile in to Francois and Raab. Which they don't
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8395 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 16:11:50 »

And rightly so. But horlock asked what it might be about Abbott specifically that caused so many right wingers to latch on to her? And I suggested it wasn't stupidity as GR said, or else those same right wingers would pile in to Francois and Raab. Which they don't

But the answer is the same She come across as stupid in interview (and is part of the left, whether percetion or actually ). Therefore the right attack her as a soft target.

They are hardly going to do the same to their own man. The "left" do though.

I may be wrong, but I read Horlock's post as suggesting  it was because she was black.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #8396 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 16:53:39 »

Being thick as pig shit most likely.

How many Cambridge university degrees have you got?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8397 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 17:35:39 »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/burger-king-advert-vote-leave-brexit-bus-whopper-a4304601.html

Sent from my SM-J330FN
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #8398 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 19:03:35 »

By way of some light relief - Tory candidate can't be bothered to turn up for hustings debate on climate change so sends a local councillor instead who decides not to stick around for the Q&A, but leaves via a rear exit after making a short speech. Only to find it's a dead end, doesn't want to go back through the hall because she'll look a twat and ends up stuck in a back yard for 45 minutes before having to climb over bins to get over the fence:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/03/no-great-escape-tory-scales-fence-and-bins-to-exit-climate-hustings-lewes

Smiley
The poor Tory Councillor did have an easier solution but I do empathise with her predicament. 

I'm not a lot younger than your average Tory councillor these days.  By my own stupidity, I had locked myself in to our Village's isolated outdoor pool.  I was in charge of closing it this particular September night.  I had just a pair of trunks and a T shirt.  It was pitch black and raining! 

I had to somehow scale a 6' fence topped by protective barbed wire.  Had to move garden furniture against the fence, then swing precariously over the fence, picking up a few grazes/cuts before falling into a bed of stinging nettles. 

I must admit to being bloody glad no sweet young girl or other passer-by witnessed my humiliating escape.  The wife was however far from sympathetic when I returned bloodied, underdressed, soaked and bedraggled.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8399 on: Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 21:01:17 »

How many Cambridge university degrees have you got?

Sadly none. Abbott has 1 in history, which was my worst subject at school.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 559 [560] 561 562 563 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: