Pages: 1 ... 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2013618 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8265 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 14:11:56 »

A rare concession that I will make to Johnson, then.  I stand corrected.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8266 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 14:44:46 »

The most chilling aspect to this election is that (assuming the Tories do win) it will demonstrate that you can hide from the mainstream media, obfuscate, deliberately mislead and openly tell lies - and it won't harm you at the ballot box.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/28/revealed-tory-candidates-issued-with-attack-manuals-on-how-to-smear-rivals
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8267 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 15:05:51 »

So the European Parliament has followed ours and has declared a climate emergency.... interesting that some Tory MEP's but not all voted in favour, Fartage's mob in line with their denying overlord Trump, voted against.

Johnson, of course, will not come onto TV and debate this with other leaders.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8268 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 15:13:44 »

They are dropping like flies north of the border...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50585278

In a way this sums up the issues facing Labour, its laudable that they have taken swift action to get rid, but it still leaves it open to query how the hell she got nominated in the first place!
Flashheart

« Reply #8269 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 15:26:01 »

In a way this sums up the issues facing Labour, its laudable that they have taken swift action to get rid, but it still leaves it open to query how the hell she got nominated in the first place!

From the Guardian:

A party source said the comments were made on an older Facebook account she no longer used and had not been picked up during candidate screening.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/28/scottish-labour-drops-falkirk-candidate-safia-ali-antisemitism-claims

I honestly don't know either way if labour can be blamed for that. Certainly something for them to take into account from now on.

Either way, you can be sure the focus will be on her having been in labour rather than the fact labour acted quickly.

He said the case was going through the fast-track disciplinary processes introduced by Jeremy Corbyn, whose handling of antisemitism within the party has again come under intense scrutiny.

The same Corbyn that is doing nothing to address the 'problem'?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8270 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:10:47 »

I note that Question Time is being filmed in Swindon this eve...with the shows well known ‘loony left’ audience I did wonder whether any TEF’rs considered applying  Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #8271 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:14:33 »

I note that Question Time is being filmed in Swindon this eve...with the shows well known ‘loony left’ audience I did wonder whether any TEF’rs considered applying  Hmmm

Shit ITK
Shit shit Reg
Shit troll

Is there anything you are not shit at?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8272 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:32:24 »

Getting to you?  Smiley
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8273 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:36:53 »

Getting to you?  Smiley
Cheesy

Bless him.

It was an honest remark!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8274 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:41:47 »

It's often been noted that you'd be doing well to find many of a left wing persuasion on the TEF.

It's being held in a faith school.... new forms of these are not a good idea.  We've just had the case of parents having to fight in the courts to get altrnative provision for their kids

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/nov/20/oxfordshire-parents-win-right-to-prayer-free-school-assembly

and also this week the injunction to prevent protests by mainly but not exclusively muslim parents against the teaching of liberal views on gender, sexual orientation etc. Protests that is right outside the school gate.... they're free to carry on, on FB and Twitter etc.
Flashheart

« Reply #8275 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:43:44 »

Getting to you?  Smiley

Nope.

The level of shitness is actually quite impressive. He's either naturally gifted or he's worked hard at it. Either way, credit where credit's due.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8276 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 16:50:26 »

tbf, all 3 main parties have had issues with this and it's a function of a snap election that they don't have time to do the full vetting they'd normally do
REDBUCK

« Reply #8277 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 17:03:15 »

From the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/28/scottish-labour-drops-falkirk-candidate-safia-ali-antisemitism-claims

I honestly don't know either way if labour can be blamed for that. Certainly something for them to take into account from now on.

Either way, you can be sure the focus will be on her having been in labour rather than the fact labour acted quickly.

The same Corbyn that is doing nothing to address the 'problem'?

Has he managed to catch the bolting horse then or has it disappeared over the horizon yet.

Flashheart

« Reply #8278 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:43:47 »

Channel 4 replaces the absentees' Boris and Farage with ice sculptors where they would have been sitting.

Boris threatens to 'review' their licence.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8279 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:07:18 »

Channel 4 replaces the absentees' Boris and Farage with ice sculptors where they would have been sitting.

Boris threatens to 'review' their licence.
Doesn't take much for the authoritarian to peek through the affable veneer does it?
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: