Pages: 1 ... 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2016013 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8010 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 00:41:51 »

Meanwhile at the ITV Debate Studio...

JE: Mr Johnson, do you like potatoes?

BJ: What we need to do is...stop all this dither and delay, so we can focus on getting Brexit done! *Looks pleased as punch with himself*

JE: *muffled audio* I fucking give up.

JC: *adjusts tie*

~~~~~~~

That pretty much sums up what we learnt from that debate. A few of the questions ITV decided to go with were poor. Who the fuck gives a shit what they'd leave each other under the Christmas Tree?!

We're at one of the most important and pivotal moments in the future of our country, which will affect several decades of people. Yet we have some privileged cunts scoffing at some tongue-in-cheek bullshit. Top job.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #8011 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:06:40 »

As predicted, Johnson just said "get Brexit done" over and over again. Nothing of any substance at all. The Tories Twitter change to 'factcheck' last night was a massive own goal by their habitual idiot James Cleverly. Maybe I was hasty in thinking they have this won already. Their arrogance, dishonesty and stupidity is shining through.
Flashheart

« Reply #8012 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:06:49 »

The tories press twitter account last night changed its name to 'factcheckUK' during last night's debate.

They're trying every dirty trick they can think of.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8013 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:11:24 »

Written by Peter Oborne former Tory, former Telegraph....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/18/boris-johnson-lying-media

The rather harrowing bit is:

A big reason for Johnson’s easy ride is partisanship from the parts of the media determined to get him elected. I have talked to senior BBC executives, and they tell me they personally think it’s wrong to expose lies told by a British prime minister because it undermines trust in British politics. Is that a reason for giving Johnson free rein to make any false claim he wants?

See also https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1196932484702838784
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:22:52 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #8014 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:16:20 »

they tell me they personally think it’s wrong to expose lies told by a British prime minister because it undermines trust in British politics. /i]

I saw that the other day - bizarre. And dangerous. And fucking enraging. And all sorts of other 'bad' stuff.

These cunts are paid with license payer's money.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8015 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:31:04 »

I saw that the other day - bizarre. And dangerous. And fucking enraging. And all sorts of other 'bad' stuff.

These cunts are paid with license payer's money.

See also https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-british-uk-media-news-bias-tories-labour-a9209026.html
Flashheart

« Reply #8016 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:42:16 »

Laura Kuntingberg appears to have given up all pretence of impartiality on her twitter account. I wonder if some are concerned about their jobs should the tories not win.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8017 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:53:55 »

The tories press twitter account last night changed its name to 'factcheckUK' during last night's debate.
While their leader was openly laughed at as he spoke about the importance of truth and honesty during the debate, his party were deliberately and consciously setting out to deceive. The Tories are now openly fundamentally dishonest
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8018 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:54:03 »

Laura Kuntingberg appears to have given up all pretence of impartiality on her twitter account. I wonder if some are concerned about their jobs should the tories not win.

I was thinking about this, have Labour actually said anything about the BBC? On past issues regarding funding the BBC probably have more to fear from another Tory government?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8019 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:54:59 »

While their leader was openly laughed at as he spoke about the importance of truth and honesty during the debate, his party were deliberately and consciously setting out to deceive. The Tories are now openly fundamentally dishonest

Apparently people like being lied to....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8020 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:55:48 »

I was thinking about this, have Labour actually said anything about the BBC? On past issues regarding funding the BBC probably have more to fear from another Tory government?
The BBC as a whole may do. But individuals within the BBC, and specifically their political news staff, may have their own agendas/fears/incentives
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8021 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 09:56:17 »

Apparently people like being lied to....
tbf, I always prefer it when my missus tells me I'm terrific in bed Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8022 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 10:02:00 »

They're trying every dirty trick they can think of.

Godwin's Law be damned, this is a huge fucking deal. If the UK's media remains complicit in allowing this open war on truth to be conducted on the UK electorate, and the voters don't punish it severely, then we've seriously learnt nothing from the lessons of the rise of the Nazis.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8023 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 10:23:55 »

Godwin's Law be damned, this is a huge fucking deal. If the UK's media remains complicit in allowing this open war on truth to be conducted on the UK electorate, and the voters don't punish it severely, then we've seriously learnt nothing from the lessons of the rise of the Nazis.

This morning Twitter have moaned a bit about the Torys actions but done nowt, but then suspended a load of people who changed their account name to CCHQ to take the piss.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8024 on: Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 11:05:02 »

This morning Twitter have moaned a bit about the Torys actions but done nowt, but then suspended a load of people who changed their account name to CCHQ to take the piss.

Twitter and Facebook's action - or inaction - here is likely to be as big a factor as it was in the last US election. This is the real battleground, and by the time the protests are lodged, the news cycle has moved on and the people who were being targeted have swallowed the original deceit, as intended.

When things move this fast, we really need a regulator, or a court, that can act quickly and decisively when bare-faced lies are published with no redress.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: