Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2015483 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #7920 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 15:08:29 »

From the BBC, again:

The banner was on the screen for around 2 minutes during the interview, and it was a quote from a person that was not even being interviewed at the time.

I'm willing to accept that mistakes happen, but these 'mistakes' seem to be happening far too often. And, just by coincidence, they are all in favour of the tories.

If these really are genuine mistakes, then somebody at the top should be banging some fucking heads together.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7921 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 15:11:36 »

From the BBC, again:

The banner was on the screen for around 2 minutes during the interview, and it was a quote from a person that was not even being interviewed at the time.

I'm willing to accept that mistakes happen, but these 'mistakes' seem to be happening far too often. And, just by coincidence, they are all in favour of the tories.

If these really are genuine mistakes, then somebody at the top should be banging some fucking heads together.
It's a fucking stupid quote anyway, like describing the M4 as "motorway communism" or the NHS as "medical communism". Is this where the right in this country is going, where literally any provision of public goods or infrastructure by the government is "communism"? Oafs.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7922 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 15:16:13 »

From the BBC, again:

The BBC has long been the mouthpiece of the Tory party, now they fear being privatised so don't worry too much about being seen as neutral.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7923 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 15:27:07 »

Who'da thunk it?

It's almost as though people are likely to form opinions on specific policies according to how they fit in with their own political worldview. Every day's a learning experience.

Indeed  Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7924 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 15:29:47 »

This election is very much our own Trump vs Hildog, absolutely detestable leaders on both sides that don't deserve our votes. You've got the comedy clan on the Tory side and a pair of pensioners stuck in a time warp on the Labour side who who just jump on any bandwagon that comes along and offer 'free stuff'.

Would never vote for Corbyn as despise him along with McDonnell and vowed to never vote for Johnson so doesn't leave much scope for a meaningful vote.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7925 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 16:05:12 »

The BBC has long been the mouthpiece of the Tory party, now they fear being privatised so don't worry too much about being seen as neutral.

And yet in paper's like The Sun, the BBC is portrayed as the devil incarnate for perceived left wing bias.  Hmmm

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7926 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 16:24:14 »

And yet in paper's like The Sun, the BBC is portrayed as the devil incarnate for perceived left wing bias.  Hmmm

Of course.  These media conglomerates want to do away with it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7927 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 16:32:19 »

Not sure there is such a thing as a meaningful vote in this election.
The majority of the electorate choosing to go Christmas shopping would be meaningful.
Let the Tories enjoy their mandate on a 10-15% turnout.

If I vote, it will be Labour, and look upon it as a tactical vote.
The current North Swindon MP could do with a spell back in nightclub management.
The Labour candidate has the whiff of anti something or other.
Tomlinson just has a whiff. Full stop.

Whatever happens will sleep easy on election night.
Might have to dust down the "don't blame me I voted Labour badge" though.

Watching recent PMQs it's Corbyn who comes across as the more statesmanlike of the two.
In attack mode Johnson comes across like some over sized witchetty grub on helium.
No doubt Central Office will take steps to tone that down when it comes to the debates.

Will have a look at the manifestos when they come out, with reference to the environment & climate change. The most important issue, but unfortunately won't be seen as such by most.

Special mention for Govt in waiting, the Lib Dems.
The memory of Nick & Dave's best pals act in the back garden of no 10 is still vomit inducing.
And Clegg even bothering to stand in a constituency full of students just shows that the vast majority of politicians are just a bit thick.

Don't forget. The shops will be open late on the 12th.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7928 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 17:01:33 »

Ha ha this is superb fuckwittery from Steve Barclay, even in the crowded field provided by his cabinet colleagues:

https://twitter.com/SteveBarclay/status/1194966699621208064?s=20
Flashheart

« Reply #7929 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 17:03:57 »

I liked the bit where more foreign stars somehow means more players for the national team.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7930 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 17:04:59 »

Having read the broadband policy specifically it appears his plan is to pay off shareholders with government bonds at a rate and return set by the government but almost certainly at a lower value than the stock price. Factor in the value crash when people try to sell before they get stuck with a bond and its tantamount to theft as it will leave a lot of people out of pocket especially as almost certainly you won’t be able to cash them in early like selling shares. My family have quite a few shares in BT so they can fuck right to off!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7931 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 17:12:18 »

From the BBC, again:

The quote was from a comment made by the MD of BT, who obviously doesn't have an ulterior motive for not wanting a nationalised broadband system...
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #7932 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 18:42:43 »

Out of interest what are Labour saying about the many ordinary folks who have thousands invested in BT shares, currently paying about 7% according to one report, so many have pensions and retirement plans etc hanging off this.

Presumably Labour are saying nothing but expecting to say tough titty you dirty rich capitalists. I don't have BT shares, as it happens, so no axe near the grinding stone for me.

Will they will be compensated with UK government bonds?
Backed by a government which is running round expropriating private property.

Should be useful when the shops run out of bog roll.....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7933 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 19:02:16 »

Still winning..... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50419130

Its Steve Barclay's turn to illustrate what numbnuts the hard brexiteers tend to be...

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1195088298257133572

What a fucking idiot. Despite being irrelevant we can look at Liverpool FC instantly - they have about 8 (eight) first team players from South America & Africa... I-

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7934 on: Friday, November 15, 2019, 19:06:58 »

Out of interest what are Labour saying about the many ordinary folks who have thousands invested in BT shares, currently paying about 7% according to one report, so many have pensions and retirement plans etc hanging off this.

theakston's already answered this, two posts up from yours. Helps if you read the thread Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: