Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011604 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7740 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 13:20:07 »

Good work Swindon https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-50329491
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7741 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 13:29:33 »

Is this a fact or just your opinion

Sort of thing.... so opinion, but based on a recent leak to the FT, of documents from the Brexit dept, with input from the government on how they're planning significant divergence on EU rules....

The British government is planning to diverge from the EU on regulation and workers’ rights after Brexit, despite its pledge to maintain a “level playing field” in prime minister Boris Johnson’s deal, according to an official paper shared by ministers this week.

The government paper drafted by Dexeu, the Brexit department, with input from Downing Street stated that the UK was open to significant divergence, even though Brussels is insisting on comparable regulatory provisions.
REDBUCK

« Reply #7742 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 13:32:40 »

Borderline heart attack, really
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7743 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 14:24:29 »

Yes of course. But it works a lot better if we decide that based on facts rather than false claims. You started out by repeating the false spin the Tories are putting on Labour's spending plans vs their own. So just wanted to check if you now accept that that is indeed crap, then you're in a better position to make your own mind up. Which you may of course still decide to vote Tory, which is your prerogative, but please do so based on facts not lies.
Sorry but I cannot find any statement in any of my posts where I commented on  'the false spin the Tories are putting on Labours spending plans'  you seem to be reading something that is not there, unless you can elaborate.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7744 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 14:27:55 »

If you can point me to the bit where Corbyn is planning to erode the employment rights of the 'working man' that would be helpful?
Maybe you could show me where I have said this.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #7745 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 14:36:08 »

You've claimed that there is little difference between the Tories and Labour for the average working man and since the Tories will most certainly continue to erode the employment rights of the working man you have implied, therefore, that you think Corbyn is planning it as well.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7746 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 14:45:22 »

You've claimed that there is little difference between the Tories and Labour for the average working man and since the Tories will most certainly continue to erode the employment rights of the working man you have implied, therefore, that you think Corbyn is planning it as well.

Ta

In light of the earlier thrust of this thread https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-labour-mainstream-press-lse-study-misrepresentation-we-cant-ignore-bias-a7144381.html
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7747 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 14:54:12 »

Thanks Bob, but again it is only personal opinions and if people prefer to think the Tories will erode employment rights that is entirely their perogative.  Nobody except those in Parliament genuinely know 100% what devious plans any party has.  I have no more idea on Corbyns plans other than what he has already stated,  than anyone else,  I have never said I am a Tory voter, but would not vote for Labour as long as Corbyn is in control. That is personal choice - which we all have.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7748 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 15:49:35 »

Stroud going green? https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/molly-scott-cato-general-election-3510632
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7749 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 16:09:46 »

FGR will be in the forefront...

I'm a bit sorry to lose MS-C as my MEP, there's something to be said for voting for a small party like the Greens and getting a representation, there was also the feeling that Europe wide the Greens are quite strong and therefore could achieve something collectively on policy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7750 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 16:29:46 »

Doubtful.  It's a Tory/Labour marginal.  The Lib Dems & Greens were a long way back in 2017.  Hopefully, Lib Dem voters will vote tactically and lend their votes to the Labour candidate instead as a means of keeping out the Tories.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7751 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 16:41:10 »

Enjoyed that David Dimbleby thing on Brexit last night.

Spoke to Remainers, Leavers and more importantly real people.

Poor old Labour MP from Wigan who now has a battle on her hands after her lot voted 2/3rds to Leave, with the Party trying to curry favour with every man and his dog by sitting on the fence.

The small businessman who tried to persuade his employees to vote remain as it would be bad for his business.

Farage doing the old Eastern European influx story.

A family that didnt speak to one another for a few weeks over it all.

Northern Ireland visit was a good insight to the way they feel.

It was very good.

The only thing that wasnt unbiased was talking to a foreign film crew outside Parliament, they were German, would of like to see him speak to a Greek crew to get a differing view of our vote.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7752 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 17:23:20 »

A guide...

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7753 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 17:36:58 »

As ever with snap elections, both major parties are rushing selections and vetting of candidates and getting some startlingly dreadful people. Today, a controversial Norwich radio broadcaster (regrettably not that one) in the blue corner with some really quite horrible thoughts on rape, and a Labour candidate who isn't quite sure whether or not celebrating the death of Tony Blair is a reasonable thing to approve of it not.

Add that to the number of MPs standing down and I suspect the next parliament could be madder than a box of frogs.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 17:53:25 by Nemo » Logged
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7754 on: Thursday, November 7, 2019, 19:03:32 »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/07/cabinet-office-blocks-publication-of-obr-economic-forecast?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The Cabinet Office have blocked an OBR report on the nation’s economic outlook. Now why would that be?

The Tory’s are also yet to publish an impact assessment on their Brexit deal. I can’t think why that might be.

Meanwhile Comrade Boris is in Scotland making promises...!! We know how this ends up.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: