Pages: 1 ... 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2012543 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7260 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 13:32:52 »

The difference is that they know the law much better than we do
Although not well enough apparently Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7261 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 13:36:57 »

Just watching the debate in Parliament and the most striking thing is that the local boy made good, Geoffrey Cox, is a bit of a prick.

Its the barrister in him that comes out, playing to the crowd, it was like he was auditioning for some Shakespearean piece at times.

TBH the whole thing just illustrated how pointless parliament has become, took bloody ages for anyone to pipe up and point out that we had been assured by the government that it was nothing to do with Brexit then Cox wittering for hours that the legal case was all about delaying Brexit and no one picked him up on the fact that Mays deal failed due to Tories voting against it.

I am not sure whether its due to the kicking he has got in the media but Bercow seemed to give him an easy ride as he sailed very close with some of the comments he was making.

One highlight later was when questioned about the grants to Boris's alleged squeeze, the chinless wonder from the DCMS sarkily suggested to Tom Watson that he should look on the companies website to see how legit they were, which Watson duly did in the chamber on his blower which revealed that their website didn't actually work.  
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7262 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 13:38:27 »

Not according to this guy, who I think knows more about this area than either of us, he says Illegality is precisely the right term:

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1176817155821789185?s=20

It matters little what term is used though. The important thing is when is Johnson getting carted off to the tower?

DA Green is great on Twitter, but when he is interviewed (he is also very good) Christ his accent is dreadful!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7263 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 15:22:01 »

Afternoon update in brief:

Gove still refuses to answer when questioned over the status of Yellowhammer, changing from base case to worse case; and whom authorised such change. He was asked by at least three MPs and continued to skirt around the question. Glaringly flaky.

Soubry using a play on words manages to get away with calling Gove (or possibly Boris) a "Blue-tit". Quite fine in the banter stakes but parliament (in the current environment) isn't really the place. Although tell us something new.

Keir Stammer probably the only senior ranking MP who spoke a noodle of sense, yet it was all largely left unanswered.

That really tells us everything about our political status right now. No clue. No real answers and playground puns.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7264 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 17:11:37 »

Afternoon update in brief:

Gove still refuses to answer when questioned over the status of Yellowhammer, changing from base case to worse case; and whom authorised such change. He was asked by at least three MPs and continued to skirt around the question. Glaringly flaky.

Wouldn't the easy way for the government to protect his fact be just to release 'black swan' the worst case scenario they have apparently projected?

Sent from my SM-J330FN
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7265 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 17:17:55 »

You'd think...but this is UK Politics so anything of sense or logic seems to be bypassed and goes straight to lunacy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7266 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 17:43:17 »

Johnson currently spending his whole statement bashing Corbyn and not really answering or resolving any of his problems in respect to Brexit. Continually turning on others and the rest of parliament? Hmmm.

A serious case of a very black kettle calling the pot by the same hue. We're fucked under this current guise. Are we spiralling towards becoming a fascist state?

'Incessant Nonsense'

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #7267 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 18:04:18 »

What is also interesting is the Opposition front bench. Whilst Corbyn has his turn, his number 2, sat along side him didn't support him once..He sat there arms crossed and refusing to acknowledge his 'leader'. That's party unity at it's finest.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #7268 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 18:38:43 »

I've taken to watching the live stream from the House of Commons when they're sitting in the evening, it's always interesting.

They're going at it now, Johnson is there (it was Gove and Rees-Mogg the other times I watched).

« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 18:41:16 by mystical_goat » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7269 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 19:39:54 »

Fuck me, Johnson is a broken record. You can guarantee, regardless of the question posed, his answer always ends with
...and getting this (Brexit) done.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Ignore
« Reply #7270 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 23:27:20 »

Well, I hate Boris and all those Tory cunts even more after that tonight. They really are a despicable bunch of fucking arseholes one and all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7271 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 06:03:26 »

indeed they are. and the lesser educated and elderly brexiteers lap it up, even though yellowhammer says it's them that's going to get fucked over the most
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7272 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 06:22:56 »

So how could a GE make any difference to Brexit? No matter who wins - prob the Tories again - the problems with Brexit remain.

How can they expect people to vote for a new government based on a single issue - Brexit.

I’d vote Remain but couldn’t vote for the Lib Dems. I’d like a second vote but couldn’t vote for Corbyn. I don’t want Boris.

Must be thousands in the same position.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7273 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 06:36:08 »

indeed. that's why Boris is keen
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7274 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 08:19:29 »

Do you think the Tory's would get a majority in a General Election?? He's not exactly uniting the nation is he!!! I reckon it would be a hung parliament.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: