Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2008216 times)
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7155 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 17:47:17 »

Hi Reg it's taken some time for you to reply to me directly but here you are! I did mispost on one occasion but did correct it as soon as the error was pointed out to me. I did vote remain. You have chosen to call me an inveterate liar when you do not know me or anything about me. You made no comment about our biased speaker who has done more to destroy our parliamentary democracy, a system that he purports to want to defend than any speaker before him.
I suspect we are of a similar age and have both lived in the Swindon area for many years. I'm afraid that's were the similarity ends, I have an open mind and will consider other peoples points of view you have a closed mind and come across as a resentful bigot.
My family roots are entirely "working  class" but my parents encouraged me to use every opportunity to make as good a life as I could. Presumably using the politics of envy you would villify me as a stuck up baby boomer. However I don't care!
I met Boris in Portsmouth the other day and he came across as an open intelligent man. Can the same be said for magic grandpa who only speaks what is written down for him by his moderate advisor Seamus Milne ( even at shadow cabinate meetings according to Angela Eagle)
Don't even get me started on his alleged support for terrorist organisations. I do hope if Corbyn gets into power he makes re-distributing your wealth Reg as his top priority. Oh and by the way I went to Park Grammar and it certainly wasn't posh as you inferred  some time ago! All the best from the sunny south coast.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7156 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 18:57:52 »

Boris will have to do more than waffle a bit of Latin to convince me he's more than mediocre in the brain department.

I honestly think Corbyn for 4 years is preferable to the damage Boris and the Tories will do.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7157 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 19:38:38 »

Not a big fan of either of them

Nothing to see here
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7158 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 20:10:01 »

I agree that the situation brought to a head by Brexit has proved what we always suspected and laid bare the contempt that the establishment has for the great unwashed. I make no distinction between left right and centre, they are all equally as dirty. I do think that democracy as we know it through the mother of parliament is dead.
Politically I am old enough to know what reality was like when trades unions had too much power. Ask an ex British Leyland/Pressed Steel Swindon worker to tell a few stories about Red Robbo. The Labour Party as we knew it no longer exists it's been taken over by militant Marxists. I accept those with different/beliefs to me are perfectly entitled to create a party and try for power but not by stealth. The takeover of the labour party looks to me like the sad story of ARC Wimbledon and the MK shysters.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7159 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 20:13:02 »

AFC Wimbledon stupid dogbot!
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7160 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 20:15:35 »

What's a "hidden user" on this site?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7161 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 20:30:01 »

What's a "hidden user" on this site?

Me.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7162 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 20:36:01 »

Brexit was sold, inter alia, on the basis that we would be taking back control. Once we have assumed control, what benefits can I, and the great unwashed, expect to enjoy?

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7163 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 08:06:26 »

It looks like the sudden surge of right wingers claiming to have voted remain but now demanding we leave has reached here, it has been noticeably prevalent on Facebook for a week or so now.

I had assumed that it was down to the targeted ads starting to influence people again.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7164 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 13:13:15 »

Fcuk me Horlock07 you've really pissed me off now. Targeted ads FFS I'm so old I use an abacus to add up. Why must you believe I am lying when several times on this site I have categorically stated I voted remain in the referendum? I voted that way because my children rely on membership of the EU for their job success. On reflection I see the move towards a united states of Europe as more dangerous.
What are your thoughts of the undemocratic illiberal party's decision not to bother asking the electorate to review the original decision but to unilaterally revoke article 50? Their new ex labour/conservative/Soubry nutter mp's might have choked on their porridge this morning!
Leaving the EU gives the UK a chance to move forward, replace the House of Lords and for the ELECTORATE to force change on the establishment and create a written constitution  in order to limit the misuse of power by the squeaker. Not misspelling!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7165 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:16:00 »

Admins, can we change Gosport Rob's name to Grospot Bore? It's an anagram (almost).

Grospot Bore wrote:
What are your thoughts of the undemocratic illiberal party's decision not to bother asking the electorate to review the original decision but to unilaterally revoke article 50?

I personally love it. They won't win a GE on the back of it but at least they can say they stuck their neck out and actually stood for something, that they pretty much have consistently harped on about. To remain as an EU member. Especially amongst the blathering fucking albino imposter for a PM and an opposition as strong as 30 loo rolls for a quid.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7166 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:27:17 »

What are your thoughts of the undemocratic illiberal party's decision not to bother asking the electorate to review the original decision but to unilaterally revoke article 50?
Well they will be asking the electorate won't they? They won't get to enact the policy unless they win a General Election which they will fight with this policy in their manifesto. So people who don't want to revoke Article 50 won't vote for them.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #7167 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:30:17 »

Ouch! Bit harsh bamboo......
Presumably anyone who may not have the same views as you is boring?
Presumably if the lib dems believe a vote should be revoked if they don't agree with it they won't mind if others demand that their mp's must be recalled and face a fresh vote as more of their constituency voted for other parties. I think not.
I still don't understand why you need hidden user status.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7168 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:48:55 »

Ouch! Bit harsh bamboo......
Presumably anyone who may not have the same views as you is boring?
Presumably if the lib dems believe a vote should be revoked if they don't agree with it they won't mind if others demand that their mp's must be recalled and face a fresh vote as more of their constituency voted for other parties. I think not.

Harsh but true Wink

No, Reg and I have similar view on some things but I can find him tedious and boring. I'm sure there are many on here who likewise find me in that bracket too. OR even they just think I'm a cunt (in the most endearing way of course).

Well essentially that's kind of how a GE works to a degree. Everyone who is a current MP stands, along with MP hopefuls. If they aren't voted for, their standing as an MP is "revoked" and given to someone else...I'm sure I don't have to explain that to you.

I don't understand why it bothers you. Has the "green dot" of social media fame got to you? I mean I appreciate that you care about when I'm online but considering you don't even know me, it is a little Ted Bundy. Maybe Grospot Ted would be a more suitable moniker?

*I've had a sloww Monday, the feather ruffling is in full force.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7169 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 14:56:05 »

bamboo is a good lad, but it normally takes him so long to write a post that it's better to remain hidden than give the impression of being logged into the TEF permanently. Wink

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: