Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010434 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6750 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 14:32:38 »

Total bollocks. I live in South Swindon, it's the Torys or Labour. No one else has a chance of winning. FPtP means I have to vote Labour because I hate the Torys.
*Tories

Sorry, OCD kicked in Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6751 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 14:32:46 »

Total bollocks. I live in South Swindon, it's the Torys or Labour. No one else has a chance of winning. FPtP means I have to vote Labour because I hate the Torys.

I didn't phrase it very well as I was referring to the floating voter who is not fucked by FptP however you have proved the point I am making people are voting Labour to keep the Tories out not because of Corbyn despite what the cultists would have you believe.

Its similar round here in that Farron (who despite being something of a bigot and a woeful party leader is a very good constituency MP) picks up the sane vote as its a straight LD v. Tory vote here.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6752 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 14:48:18 »

*Tories

Sorry, OCD kicked in Smiley

It's a proper noun though?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6753 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 22:08:08 »

FPTP Means I want to vote for the Tories.. You don’t have to vote labour, if you don’t feel you want to, new or old. Other political parties are often on the ballot paper. The same goes for me should I feel I cannot vote for the Tories.

Ignore
« Reply #6754 on: Friday, July 26, 2019, 07:24:56 »

20,000 extra police officers says Boris. Well, they're not extra are they? They're just replacing some of the 21,000(and still rising) that were made redundant since 2010. Not to mention the support staff which take the total to 45,000 people. Still, crime rocketing is all Sadiq Kahn's fault isn't it???
That's what the Tories have been shouting continually, and the brainless Tommy Robinson supporters like to say this too.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 26, 2019, 07:27:45 by Arriba » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6755 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 14:48:19 »

This is very worrying for those of us who fear Boris Johnson...

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1156569317292609536

Expect an election soon, Leave vote to consolidate around the Tories, and the Remain vote split between Labour (looking increasingly more confused and rudderless by the day) and the Lib Dems.  Johnson's going to get his majority back in no time.  So depressing.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6756 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 15:10:43 »

This is very worrying for those of us who fear Boris Johnson...

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1156569317292609536

Expect an election soon, Leave vote to consolidate around the Tories, and the Remain vote split between Labour (looking increasingly more confused and rudderless by the day) and the Lib Dems.  Johnson's going to get his majority back in no time.  So depressing.

This paints a different picture.

http://principalfish.co.uk/electionmaps/?map=prediction

Apparently the 'bounce' a new leader gets is smaller for Johnson than May.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #6757 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 15:16:58 »

It's a given. I fully expect a Tory majority come early November. Bojo and Farage get on quite well and I already know personally that as long as Johnson commits to a deal sans backstop, the Brexit Party are prepared to make way in all marginals.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6758 on: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 15:37:00 »

It's a given. I fully expect a Tory majority come early November. Bojo and Farage get on quite well
But Farage hates Dominic Cummings and has ruled out working with the Tories while he is around (he's not a "True Believer" apparently - turns out Brexit's a religion, not a policy). And Johnson is committed to him as his main adviser.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6759 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:35:52 »

Polls are moot at this point. Everything would change in the event of GE campaigning.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6760 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 09:45:58 »

Polls are moot at this point. Everything would change in the event of GE campaigning.
In the event of? Johnson's already started.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6761 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 12:11:34 »

If there is an election in the next few months, Johnson will need to fight it on a No Deal platform.  To argue that he is still holding out for a deal with EU would not stand up to scrutiny anywhere.  And if the Tories do win a majority on the basis of campaigning on a No Deal platform, the country will then deserve everything it gets.

I'm almost past caring now.  This shitshow has carried on far too long already.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #6762 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 12:38:14 »

It's a given. I fully expect a Tory majority come early November. Bojo and Farage get on quite well and I already know personally that as long as Johnson commits to a deal sans backstop, the Brexit Party are prepared to make way in all marginals.

ITK?  Hmmm

A BP : Con electoral Pact (open or otherwise) could be a game changer with our FPTP system.

I think there are quite a few variables other than any possible pact for no backstop arrangement.

The result of today's Brecon and Radnor Byelection meanwhile will be be interesting.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6763 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 13:08:56 »

Barely a week into the job, and Buckland's fucked up already:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/01/no-10-rebuffs-new-ministers-backing-for-pre-charge-anonymity
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6764 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 08:59:29 »

The recent sight of Buckland in his regalia was a truly sickening thing... almost Louis XVIth flummery. 

This at a time when stabbings now seem a weekly occurence on the streets of Swindon.... SBC tries to get a couple of mill from HMG to tart up Old Town, but won't, because they're spunking 2 bill on the  pointless no deal preps, which Buckland now supports to get his costume.

Further the boss of BMW has offered to come over from Germany to explain personally to HMG, why no deal will finish Cowley and by association Gypsy Lane, yet Buckland remains silent.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 450 [451] 452 453 454 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: