Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2011770 times)
Combe Up

« Reply #6045 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 12:04:26 »

I would imagine that her famous red lines were not really hers at all, but red lines that she had to adhere to in order to keep the hard-right ERG faction of her party at bay.  So the 'compromise is not a dirty word' quote, if anything, was probably a dig at those who tied her hands in the negotiations.

Any reasonable person would have concluded long ago that implementing any decision made with a 52:48 split would entail a good deal more compromise than has been evident in the last 3 years.

How about a split of one million, two hundred and sixty nine thousand, five hundred and one.

Dark horse for Tory leadership: Stephen Barclay.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6046 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 12:25:33 »

How about a split of one million, two hundred and sixty nine thousand, five hundred and one.

Dark horse for Tory leadership: Stephen Barclay.

I suspect the problem Barclay will have is that he has been Brexit Sec for a while and has not resigned which for many of the hardcore will possibly be seen as tacit support for her 'deal' and thus will be smeared for that mess.

Probably a lot will depend on what type of leader they want, a high profile one with no substance, a laughable national and international reputation and ability not being important (so Johnson, Davis or Raab) or one who might actually unite the party a bit and also at least to try and engage again with the majority of the electorate rather than just the 60+ wealthy demographic, still think Rory the Tory or Hatt Mancock may meet that criteria but lets be honest we know its just going to be the hardest right nutter they can find.

« Last Edit: Friday, May 24, 2019, 12:27:04 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6047 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 12:30:05 »

Sky are reporting...

'Former Cabinet Minister David Mellor says he has "never been more embarrassed and humiliated" to be a member of the Conservative party'

It must be bad for him to be embarrassed! 
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6048 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 12:56:32 »

James Cleverly could very well be a dark horse. Names not mentioned anywhere.........yet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6049 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:02:42 »

Sky are reporting...

'Former Cabinet Minister David Mellor says he has "never been more embarrassed and humiliated" to be a member of the Conservative party'

It must be bad for him to be embarrassed! 
For those who don't remember or are too young:

As Horlock says, this is a man with a high embarrassment threshold
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6050 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:10:00 »

James Cleverly could very well be a dark horse. Names not mentioned anywhere.........yet.

That's a bit racist isn't it?  Wink

He is possibly the most inappropriately named MP the house..... 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6051 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:11:10 »

For those who don't remember or are too young:

As Horlock says, this is a man with a high embarrassment threshold

I know a Chelsea kit when they were still shit!

All shown subsequently to be completely fabricated nonsense, made up by Max Clifford.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6052 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:17:12 »

That's a bit racist isn't it?  Wink

He is possibly the most inappropriately named MP the house..... 
Didn't think of that. He's well thought of. It may be s bit early for him but he's one for the future if Tories have a future.
There is talk of a Boris and nige coalition. That probably wouldn't go down well here.
I think both parties should be scared of a GE at the moment as Nigel will cause chaos.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6053 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:29:44 »

Didn't think of that. He's well thought of. It may be s bit early for him but he's one for the future if Tories have a future.
There is talk of a Boris and nige coalition. That probably wouldn't go down well here.
I think both parties should be scared of a GE at the moment as Nigel will cause chaos.

On a base level the idea of a Farage Johnson coalition would be brilliant, we are already a laughing stock (speaking to a friend who is Germany on business this morning, he confirms that they are openly laughing on the TV at the latest news in the UK's national nervous breakdown), so why not make it even better and go worldwide, plus it would make the two shysters acyually take responsibility and own their shit! FWIW Johnson is so ego driven I don't think he can see beyond the prize and the scope to make a prize bellend of himself, Farage is bright enough to know that if he actually had some power he would be held to account and also be subject to close scrutiny as to where his cash comes from which doesn't suit his operation or fabricated public image.

More seriously there do seem to be a hell of a lot of people around suggesting that they voted for Farage as a protest vote in the EU elections, but would return to the family fold if there wre a GE?*

* Which in itself is rather peculiar as a key facet of Brexit for many was that the EU had taken power from parliament so one would expect brexiteers to take more care of who they elect in the primary (in their eyes) legislative forum i.e. the EU and leave the joke to the toothless UK parliament?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6054 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:36:52 »

Jeremy Hunt's thrown his name into the ring... fuck it,  why not Chris Grayling?  Hell, let's resurrect Neville Chamberlain.  

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6055 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:45:37 »

Jeremy Hunt's thrown his name into the ring... fuck it,  why not Chris Grayling?  Hell, let's resurrect Neville Chamberlain. 

I think Grayling did try and thrown his hat in the ring, unfortunately it missed!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6056 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 14:47:26 »

Whichever way you write it, it is still a 52:48 split.. or Seventeen Million, four hundred and ten thousand, Seven hundred and forty two:Sixteen Million, one hundred and forty one thousand, two hundred and forty one split...  or a difference of one million, two hundred and sixty nine thousand, five hundred and one in a vote that involved 33 million, five hundred and seventy seven thousand, three hundred and forty two.

If you think continuously repeating the number of the winning margin equates to anything different to a 52:48 split then you are wrong.  Brexit won so Brexit should happen, but stop making it out that anyone that mentions the fact that it was a 52:48 split is implying that the result isn't valid, they aren't..  they are just making a point without having to make it sound like it was more by repeating the full number..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6057 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 15:03:04 »

If a hard brexit is such a popular idea, why isn’t the brexit party polling at more than 50%?

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6058 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 15:52:26 »

If a hard brexit is such a popular idea, why isn’t the brexit party polling at more than 50%?

I think it rather supports the POV that not everyone who voted Brexit would necessarily vote for a far right dubious party?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6059 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 15:57:59 »

I see that in entirely unsurprising news Cable is buggering off also, no doubt decided that the toxicity has reduced enough for Swinson to take the reigns.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: