Pages: 1 ... 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007128 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5475 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 12:58:02 »

Manifesto and reality and two different things. Corbyn has as much of a problem with Momentum as Foot did with Militant Tendency. He's certainly allowing he left wing free reign. More moderate candidates being deselected or moving to TIG. Whoever the next Labour leader is will need to sort out Momentum the way Kinnock did MT.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5476 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 13:24:20 »

Manifesto and reality and two different things. Corbyn has as much of a problem with Momentum as Foot did with Militant Tendency. He's certainly allowing he left wing free reign. More moderate candidates being deselected or moving to TIG. Whoever the next Labour leader is will need to sort out Momentum the way Kinnock did MT.

Within broad church parties there will always be sub groups... as I've argued elsewhere, on the continent PR allows these groupings to exist independently and enter coalitions, in our system the coalitions are with in the same tent.

There is little similarity between Momentum and the MT.  Momentum is attempting to create a grassroots party, given that historic ties between Labour and the trade Unions have been weakened.  In return for their efforts, it is expected that MP's as representatives of the party, do at least show some semblance of supporting the aims and are not just naked careerists.

The definition of left wing when seen from the right is very flexible.... I've said it before, but many Tory politicians of the 50's and 60's would be seen as dangerously left wing now, with their commitments to social housing and high spending on education.... once centrist views still holding sway in European social democracy, the sort of place where momentum are.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5477 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 19:59:43 »

So, as a million marched in London today to demand a 2nd referendum, the charlatan Farage addressed the massed ranks of 200 at a rally stop of the pro-Brexit march he's promoted but can't be bothered to actually march on. Pathetic.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1109536157963030528

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1109499022111399936
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #5478 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:15:16 »

So, as a million marched in London today to demand a 2nd referendum, the charlatan Farage addressed the massed ranks of 200 at a rally stop of the pro-Brexit march he's promoted but can't be bothered to actually march on. Pathetic.

And- your point is?

Sore losers marching for a democratic vote to be reversed because they didn’t get the result they wanted the last time.

People really are blind to what the EU is all about- it’s a protectionist racket that cares Not one jot for European citizens only it’s own gravy train.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5479 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:38:30 »

I think the way the EU have handled the UK over this highlights why people chose to leave in the first place.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5480 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:43:12 »

What, having a sembelance of an idea of what it wants??

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5481 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:44:54 »

Protecting the interests of 27 ahead of 1 who threw a tantrum?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5482 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:48:31 »

Quote from: 4D
I think the way the EU have handled the UK over this highlights why people chose to leave in the first place.

Yeah, bastards, ganging up on us like some collective of self interested parties.

Don't they know who we are.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5483 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:52:08 »

Quote from: pauld

Farage is such a prick.

As an aside, why has someone been marching with an Isle of Man flag?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5484 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 20:54:21 »

Farage is by far the most successful politician in my lifetime. Not bad for a prick with a following of swivel eyed loons.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5485 on: Saturday, March 23, 2019, 21:06:05 »

Protecting the interests of 27 ahead of 1 who threw a tantrum?

Yeah, who would've thought it! We proverbially spat the dummy out but still wanted to take slices of the cake. Anyone who suggests that the EU have handled the scenario poorly, needs looking at. It's not their scenario to sort (in the main), yet they are having to because we have a PM who is stubborn af but for all the wrong reasons.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5486 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 13:28:50 »

And- your point is?

Sore losers marching for a democratic vote to be reversed because they didn’t get the result they wanted the last time.

People really are blind to what the EU is all about- it’s a protectionist racket that cares Not one jot for European citizens only it’s own gravy train.

Sore losers that protest in the right way by organising a peaceful march, which they are allowed to do because we live in a democracy. What is the problem with that?  You just have to look at the social media reaction to the protest by Brexiteers, spitting bile and angst towards anyone that dares to have a different opinion to them. 

We should leave, because the democratic vote says so (even though it was a flawed vote and rigged by outside influences) but the reaction to people just making their feelings known by peaceful protesting shows the Brexiteer camp in their true light.

Think it is a shit show now?  This only shows that it is going to get a lot worse when we leave..  Lunatics in charge of the asylum..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5487 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 13:52:06 »

Outside influences works both ways. Soros allegedly providing plenty influence to remainers. Obama back of the queue, the IMF etc trying to influence a remain vote. I'm not sure how one set of external influences is worse than another. Also, I don't know one person who was swayed either way by any external influences.
Both sides fought dirty and both sides proved they were unworthy of the voters trust.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5488 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 16:14:47 »

Still doesn’t change the reason for my post.  You pick on the two words and come up with a “but what about” as a reasoned argument.  Isn’t that what Brexiteers regularly accuse remainers of?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5489 on: Sunday, March 24, 2019, 17:32:01 »

Farage is by far the most successful politician in my lifetime. Not bad for a prick with a following of swivel eyed loons.
He hasn't even managed to get elected to parliament. That makes him less successful than Robert Buckland
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: