Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2013843 times)
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #4815 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 18:31:53 »

I genuinely voted leave on the basis it will be better for my kids and the country.

Not doubting the sincerity of your decision, but how is taking away your children's rights to live, love and work across the EU going to benefit them in the future?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4816 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 18:36:49 »

Not doubting the sincerity of your decision, but how is taking away your children's rights to live, love and work across the EU going to benefit them in the future?

And before the Maastricht & Rome treaties? Didn’t people work, live, study and love across a divided Europe? Fucking numpty.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4817 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:02:08 »

I'm not. Just because they may not have an automatic right does not mean they can't.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4818 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:18:02 »

It makes it a less obvious, easy and welcoming proposition - don’t be obtuse and deny that

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4819 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:19:22 »

Yeah, because pre 1973 nobody from the UK went to live, work or travel in mainland Europe from the UK.  Roll Eyes
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4820 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:22:48 »

It makes it a less obvious, easy and welcoming proposition - don’t be obtuse and deny that

Why? Go on.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4821 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:22:51 »

And then they spent 48 years being able to do so with absolute ease before we went back to putting rules on where people can go

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4822 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:24:50 »

Not to mention this whole self inflicted fuck fest has throw up the citizenship rights of the 1.3 million British citizens living in the eu right now

But it’s alright, they’re abroad aren’t they - fuck ‘em. We know best

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4823 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:25:50 »

I'm not being obtuse but being out of the EU, how does that make Europe less welcoming or obvious? Easy, possibly.
We're not going to stop all interaction with Europe. The relationship will be different but it can still be incredibly friendly and mutually beneficial.
I don't hate Europe, I hate the EU. I hope we leave and that both us, the EU and Europe are all incredibly successful. They are not mutually exclusive.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4824 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:39:42 »

And then they spent 48 years being able to do so with absolute ease before we went back to putting rules on where people can go

You still had to use a passport when travelling to Spain from the UK for example during our membership of the EU, what's different?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4825 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:41:14 »

Not to mention this whole self inflicted fuck fest has throw up the citizenship rights of the 1.3 million British citizens living in the eu right now

Has it done the same for the EU nationals here?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4826 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 19:52:15 »

I've said before, the first thing both parties should have done is guarantee that those who had moved to and from GB and EU at the time of the vote should have their rights to live in those countries. Its up to the individuals themselves if they want citizenship but it shouldn't be denied them.
That should have been separate to any negotiations. Theses people who had built their lives elsewhere should not be used as pawns. Forget anything else, its just ethical and moral to do this.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4827 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 20:34:11 »

You still had to use a passport when travelling to Spain from the UK for example during our membership of the EU, what's different?

Visas and stricter work restrictions are the ones that spring to mind

Flashheart

« Reply #4828 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 20:55:57 »

Dave, I feel ya, but I think you're focusing on the wrong things.

It takes nouse and skills to be able to move and live abroad, not just a whim. This is from somebody that has been there and done that. If you don't have what it takes to get by in a country that does not let you in automatically, then you don't have what it takes regardless.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4829 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 21:14:24 »

I’m moving to Greece in March - ahead of the glorious 29th. After 90 days I have to apply for a residency permit. I have to prove I have the financial means so as not to be a burden on Greece plus have valid health insurance.

The financial aspect is not just a Greek thing - it is a requirement for all EU members. Just why this hasn’t been implemented in the UK to control immigration I have no idea - would have made Brexit a non starter.

Obviously there was no political will to do so. Much easier to let the people vote, essentially on immigration, then for the Tories to appear racist by implementing existing policy.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: