Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2016970 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4800 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:41:05 »

Interesting interpretation from the EU, essentially they could agree to extend A50 without us asking, for our own safety... https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1085937231540436993
Sir red ken

« Reply #4801 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:45:30 »

Interesting interpretation from the EU, essentially they could agree to extend A50 without us asking, for our own safety... https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1085937231540436993
They can extend article 50 then decide we can't leave, whilst they double or treble or payments if they want.
Its called eu democracy and there's nothing you can do about it!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4802 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:54:07 »

Bravo!

http://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1086264773149380608
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #4803 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:58:41 »

A clean brexit is not impossible and we haven't even tried it. It was the only hand we had and we didn't okay it. Yes, do a trade deal and form alliances where mutually beneficial once we've made a clean break. This is what I and most other leavers i know had voted for.

Hurray!! A sensible comment!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4804 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:03:05 »

TBf a clear brexit isn’t impossible and in terms of implementation is probably the easiest

Implementing it though entirely fucks this country over - which is why many (including me) are so ducking pissed off about it, and find it hard to be civil - that our entire future is being put at risk in such a reckless way

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4805 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:14:59 »

^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^

"yeah but 37bn"... fucktards, that's peanuts compared to the amount the economy will lose
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4806 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:24:08 »

And the charge for it is ,by and large, being led by a generation who have lived and (relatively) prospered under the stable situation we were in - and now they’re throwing that all away as they retire/die for my generation to pick up the pieces and figure it out

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4807 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:43:11 »

And the charge for it is ,by and large, being led by a generation who have lived and (relatively) prospered under the stable situation we were in - and now they’re throwing that all away as they retire/die for my generation to pick up the pieces and figure it out

A generation who will have children and grandchildren. The majority of this generation will be making a decision for the good of their children etc. A generation with varied and long life experiences who are genuinely voting for what they believe is best for their country. A generation who were happy with a common trade area but not a United States of Europe. A generation who believe the integration has been achieved by stealth.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4808 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:51:57 »

A generation who have reaped the benefits of the last 30 years of political positioning and are now ripping it away

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4809 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:54:44 »

A generation who are happy to put any risk on the future because they’re already set

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4810 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:09:21 »

A generation who will have children and grandchildren. The majority of this generation will be making a decision for the good of their children etc. A generation with varied and long life experiences who are genuinely voting for what they believe is best for their country. A generation who were happy with a common trade area but not a United States of Europe. A generation who believe the integration has been achieved by stealth.

TBF mate, as an old un, I reckon that's bollox.... anybody who based their vote on wanting a better future for their kids,  would not rationally have voted for Brexit.  Voted for a change in the way domestic policies are sorted for sure, as here is the reason for the problems in our society.

All you need to do is look back at the opening pages of this thread, where Hertab posits the question what is the most important issue atm, (it's more or less 5 years old.)

You get a range of replies, mine was climate change, others political apathy, corrrpt and inept career politicians, the state of the Union, the need for PR etc.

You're the first to flag up UKIP support... and the EU

UKIP - yes. I don't mind being called a xenophobe, nutter or whatever. I'm not actually that bothered about immigration, that's a by product. I don't want to be a member of such a corrupt and self serving institution

But it seems like your out vote is based more on not finding favour with the EU as an organisation, rather thinking of the kids.  

« Last Edit: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:12:29 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4811 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:42:37 »

The sad thing is that if there is to be a USE, we'll be dancing to its beat in the future whether we're technically in it or not.  We'll never be able to turn our backs on the 500 million people on our doorstep.  That's what I meant when I said earlier that a 'clean' Brexit is a fantasy.  You can cut all the technical ties you like, but in an increasingly connected world we will end up having to mirror the EU in all manner of different ways.

I keep thinking of King Canute trying to keep the waves back.  Not a bad metaphor for the Brexit mindset that thinks we'll be able to operate independently of the much larger bloc on our doorstep in future.  Either way, I'm fairly sure that our kids & grandchildren will see right through it soon enough and undo the damage.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4812 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:44:58 »

I genuinely voted leave on the basis it will be better for my kids and the country.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4813 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:48:28 »

I genuinely voted leave on the basis it will be better for my kids and the country.

I disagree with you about the best way forward, but I don't doubt your sincerity.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4814 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 17:39:18 »

The sad thing is that if there is to be a USE, we'll be dancing to its beat in the future whether we're technically in it or not.  We'll never be able to turn our backs on the 500 million people on our doorstep.  That's what I meant when I said earlier that a 'clean' Brexit is a fantasy.  You can cut all the technical ties you like, but in an increasingly connected world we will end up having to mirror the EU in all manner of different ways.

I keep thinking of King Canute trying to keep the waves back.  Not a bad metaphor for the Brexit mindset that thinks we'll be able to operate independently of the much larger bloc on our doorstep in future.  Either way, I'm fairly sure that our kids & grandchildren will see right through it soon enough and undo the damage.

The sad thing is that if there is to be a USE, ‘we'll be dancing to its beat’ in the future whether we're technically in it or not.  ‘We'll never be able to turn our backs on the 500 million people on our doorstep.’

Firstly why? Secondly in what context?
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: