Pages: 1 ... 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2008754 times)
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #4785 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 18:26:24 »

If there is a second vote presumably the pissed off leavers wouldn`t bother vote plus quite a few other disillusioned folk so if the turnout wasn`t pretty much the same as the original it would be a meaningless result...

Bathtime
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4786 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 18:36:50 »

A second referendum would seriously disadvantage the leave vote as it will be difficult for people to disaggregate a leave decision with the total fucking omnishambles clusterfuck mess made of it. The two become one.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4787 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 18:48:46 »

In any case the 70s/80s were shit if you were poor.

We had to rent a TV, one that you had to put 50ps in to work that had an uncanny knack of knowing when the best bit was on and shit itself off. Peak timing too, when you had to knock the neighbors door because you had to change a pound note.

Who wants to go back to that.

we were in the eu during the 70's & 80's
The trouble is the extreme left can't see anything but how good the eu is, because they have even bigger government sucking cash from their pockets.
Nice anecdote.  I won't try and match you there.

If you are interested in facts though, what do you think of this:

Growth in GDP per head for period of UKs EU membership from joining up to the referendum:

1.  The UK  Clap
2   Germany 
3   The USA  Suicide

It might not quite fit in with what your newspaper of choice would have you believe.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #4788 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 18:49:21 »

A second referendum would seriously disadvantage the leave vote as it will be difficult for people to disaggregate a leave decision with the total fucking omnishambles clusterfuck mess made of it. The two become one.

But it was always going to be an omnishables clusterfuck because what was promised was always going to be undeliverable, what with the Good Friday Agreement and the complexity of relationships which had to be unpicked.
I have a (very slight) sympathy for May in that she had to deliver a unicorn and came up the best she could, a donkey with an ice cream cone stuck to its head.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 18:51:14 by ReadingRed » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4789 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 19:11:00 »

Ahem!

* IMG_12487261547108.jpeg (18.71 KB, 320x320 - viewed 62 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4790 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 19:23:37 »

It's an interesting point - but why should they be disaggregated?  Where is the version of Brexit that isn't a complete balls up?  Surely it would have emerged by now if it existed?

As I alluded to earlier, even if we do leave, we'll never really leave because, one way or another, the gravitational pull of our much bigger, more influential closest neighbour will fix the UK in its orbit.  That's the realpolitik.  Hunting around for a version of Brexit where this doesn't happen is utterly futile.  A 'clean' Brexit is impossible in the real world.  The only scenario in which Brexit would make sense, to my mind, is if the EU really does start to implode...as many have been predicting for some time now (without it happening).
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 19:26:05 by Ardiles » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4791 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 19:55:32 »

A clean brexit is not impossible and we haven't even tried it. It was the only hand we had and we didn't okay it. Yes, do a trade deal and form alliances where mutually beneficial once we've made a clean break. This is what I and most other leavers i know had voted for.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4792 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 19:59:52 »

But it was always going to be an omnishables clusterfuck because what was promised was always going to be undeliverable, what with the Good Friday Agreement and the complexity of relationships which had to be unpicked.
I have a (very slight) sympathy for May in that she had to deliver a unicorn and came up the best she could, a donkey with an ice cream cone stuck to its head.

I'll eat my ice cream any way I like, and the EU can't stop me (after March 29).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4793 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 20:11:01 »

I'll eat my ice cream any way I like, and the EU can't stop me (after March 29).

You can anyway, the Chinese hold the claim of Ice Cream. Yet the Italians may have a say in it so in that case Donkey, you can't have your cream and eat it!

'Incessant Nonsense'

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4794 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 20:50:01 »

You can anyway, the Chinese hold the claim of Ice Cream. Yet the Italians may have a say in it so in that case Donkey, you can't have your cream and eat it!

Then I don't want it.  Ice Cream Exit, now!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4795 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 21:13:11 »

Then I don't want it.  Ice Cream Exit, now!

Gelato means gelato!

Creamxit

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4796 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 08:44:23 »

The only scenario in which Brexit would make sense, to my mind, is if the EU really does start to implode...as many have been predicting for some time now (without it happening).

Yeah and at that stage as we are not as aligned as the rest of the EU membership, and thus by extension will not be as immediately affected by the implosion we move to depart, whilst also starting to cherry pick off the business and trade opportunities from within, much as the EU are doing to us now.

We at best are playing a very short game here for what benefit, no one has still managed to come up with a real tangible benefit for leaving?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4797 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 11:53:42 »

Looks like my mate farage will be back soon with a new party now that ukip are embracing Mr yaxley Lennon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4798 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 13:10:31 »

Have you been following the Brexit debate at all? The Corbynistas, trots and the far left are even more rabidly anti-EU than the right. They see the EU as a capitalist conspiracy.
When you're as far to the right as SRK is, Vince Cable looks like the extreme left
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4799 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 13:11:33 »

Looks like my mate farage will be back soon with a new party now that ukip are embracing Mr yaxley Lennon.
Farage and Banks were always going to launch a new far right populist party (UKIP 2.0) anyway, the Batten/Yaxley Lennon alliance is just helping them find an excuse.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: