Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2008591 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #4725 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 21:29:30 »

306 Ayes
325 Noes

May clings on by a favour of 19. Hmmm confidence...I think Corbyn may table another bid of no confidence before long. 10 MPs difference.

But isn't that just along party lines and the existing majority?. Didn't really expect anything else.

May offered to talk to party leaders but Jeremy put conditions on it. There will be another no confidence vote soon enough.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4726 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 21:50:27 »

But isn't that just along party lines and the existing majority?. Didn't really expect anything else.

Yep pretty much, Tories and DUP equal 327.

Has there ever been a time when both the Government and opposition have been equally so dreadful.

Any compentent opposition should be flying right now but Labour, more specifically Corbryn, are failing miserbably to seem like a feasible alternative
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4727 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 21:53:07 »

If there was an election, fuck knows where my vote would go.   

Im a floating voter, spread my vote across the 3 parties in my lifetime. If there was an election I wouldn’t vote as none of them deserve my vote
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4728 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 00:44:58 »

Interesting talk of a "permanent" Customs Union.  Corbyn's been asking for a type of CU.  It would also likely get over the need for any NI backstop. 

EU-rophiles like me would be gutted at the confirmation of our retreat from being a leading EU member.  If ERG types were thereby to have what I believe to be their obnoxious ambitions circumscribed that would be a small consolation.

I am conscious that some of our most decent citizens whether they voted leave, remain or not at all are sick and tired of all the shitfighting.  I would be pleased for them at least if there was some Brexit closure.  Unfortunately, whatever happens, will surely only in reality be "the end of the beginning".

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #4729 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 08:26:26 »

So in summary, there is no majority for a deal, there is no majority for no-deal, there is no majority for remain, and there is no majority for another referendum. There is no majority for a change in the leader of the governing party, and there is no majority for a no-confidence vote in the government. With all this in mind, let's get rid of the lot and let the EU run the show: HARD REMAIN.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4730 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 08:51:03 »

So in summary, there is no majority for a deal, there is no majority for no-deal, there is no majority for remain, and there is no majority for another referendum. There is no majority for a change in the leader of the governing party, and there is no majority for a no-confidence vote in the government. With all this in mind, let's get rid of the lot and let the EU run the show: HARD REMAIN.
There is a majority in parliament for remain. That's the problem when the country has voted leave. How do you reconcile the views of your constituents against your own personal views and what you believe is best for the country. That is the conundrum.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4731 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 08:52:36 »

There is a majority in parliament for remain. That's the problem when the country has voted leave. How do you reconcile the views of your constituents against your own personal views and what you believe is best for the country. That is the conundrum.

The weird thing is that there kind of isn't even that - the question has splintered so far beyond "leave" and "remain" that we seem to genuinely have no majority for anything - no deal leave, deal leave, Norway/Canada style compromise, second referendum on deal, second referendum on leave/remain.

It's a pretty spectacular mess.
Flashheart

« Reply #4732 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 08:59:47 »

And in the meantime, Cameron just gets to sit back and relax. He'll be alright no matter what happens. Danny Dyer was right.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4733 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 09:45:36 »

And in the meantime, Cameron just gets to sit back and relax. He'll be alright no matter what happens. Danny Dyer was right.

What ever happens at the end of this process, I'm sure all sides can agree that we need to close Eton.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4734 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 09:49:37 »

What ever happens at the end of this process, I'm sure all sides can agree that we need to close Eton.

<insert Eaton mess quip here>
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4735 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 10:19:00 »

The thing is when you look at the general denseness (inability to understand basic history or economics, unable to actually grasp the detail of things like the SM, CU etc) of the main protagonists that attended Eton it doesn't actually reflect very well on the standards of education delivered there.....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4736 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 10:22:09 »

The thing is when you look at the general denseness (inability to understand basic history or economics, unable to actually grasp the detail of things like the SM, CU etc) of the main protagonists that attended Eton it doesn't actually reflect very well on the standards of education delivered there.....

At the very least, they need to introduce lessons in Irish history.  The flagrant disregard and/or ignorance of Irish issues & history - and British involvement in it - shown by Johnson and Rees-Mogg in particular is staggering.
Flashheart

« Reply #4737 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 10:23:56 »

I don't know. They probably excel in those subjects when it comes to enhancing their own personal wealth.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4738 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 10:41:04 »

I should add that the aspect of this farce that probably causes me most embarrassment of all is that it is the EU, and not the British government, that seems to have taken on the mantle of protecting & upholding the Good Friday Agreement.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4739 on: Thursday, January 17, 2019, 10:57:34 »

I should add that the aspect of this farce that probably causes me most embarrassment of all is that it is the EU, and not the British government, that seems to have taken on the mantle of protecting & upholding the Good Friday Agreement.
It's a card they can play. They probably wouldn't give the remotest shit otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: