Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996763 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4695 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 14:32:03 »

I noticed that the some on the tory benches were booing when the UN was mentioned within PMQ's, I assume the will of the people will be for us to leave earth next......

Why do you think other countries are trying to grow stuff on the Moon. That's right, so they can say there you go Britain, eff off Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4696 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 14:38:40 »

Which is particularly sad as the whole public knows she is not bright enough to think of anything herself, unless it relates to stopping people who don't look or sound like her coming into the country.

Having seen her performance in PMQ's today I generally think we are doomed whilst she remains at the helm. No ideas, no flexibility, no strategy, no charisma, no openness to any ideas which are not hers, completely lacking in any sort of humanity even. I know that Thatcher had this reputation for being a bit of a terror but at least there there did seem to be a degree of personality behind the facade, I suspect May possibly has issues.

Completely agree. Its no deal under May - which would obviously be disastrous, or Parliament takes over.

This assumes she continues to say article 50 won't be extended, and that the EU don't suddenly shit themselves and offer concessions. And why would they?

Meanwhile Parliament is giving May a vote of confidence, even though they don't agree with it, to avoid the prospect of Corbyn taking chanrge.

Corbyn finds labour behind in the polls to a contemptuous government who has overseen the worst defeat in commons history, and who still don't have a coherent Brexit plan.

Meanwhile Corbyn won't show his hand on Brexit, and insists that a General Election is the way to go.

And we are just  72 days away now.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 14:42:28 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4697 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 15:29:42 »

Meanwhile Corbyn won't show his hand on Brexit, and insists that a General Election is the way to go.

And we are just  72 days away now.

Sky Political guy (Lewis Goodall)  tweeted earlier...

Speaking to a Labour source, they said two things: (1) Labour will bring a confidence motion at least once more, when PM’s plan B is better known and (2) Corbyn is v unlikely ever to support 2nd ref in any circumstances. Another source said if he tried half Shadow cab would walk.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4698 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 15:52:11 »

Trying to delay article 50 or having a second vote just kicks the can long the road and i don't think either will necessarily resolve things. We're either in or we're out. I'd prefer no deal and leave but the next best option is remain. I'd rather walk away and then negotiate a future trade deal. Short terms problems but its clean. I'm sure, however, that we will remain.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4699 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 15:58:07 »

Has Johnny Mercer, Conservative Plymouth Moor View been drinking or is he just as ignorant as his superior is deluded?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #4700 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:02:22 »

IF Corbyn was genuinely interested in anything other than himself he would come out with an alternative instead of playing party politics...no wonder he is behind in the polls....

Bathtime
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4701 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:07:51 »

Trying to delay article 50 or having a second vote just kicks the can long the road and i don't think either will necessarily resolve things. We're either in or we're out. I'd prefer no deal and leave but the next best option is remain. I'd rather walk away and then negotiate a future trade deal. Short terms problems but its clean. I'm sure, however, that we will remain.

As you know we stand on opposite sides of the divide but I think its clear all May has actually succeeded in doing is bringing the country together by pissing everyone on either side off entirely!

I still see no evidence at all that a no deal departure would only result in short term pain, Patrick Minford the brexiteers economist of choice has stated previously (although JRM squirmed for many minutes yesterday avoiding admitting this) to a Commons Select Committeee that a hard brexit would decimate the UK car industry, the example he actually used was it would be much as in the same way the coal industry went in the 80's (I apologise in advance if this triggers Reg).

Likewise from up here its been agriculture which is taxing minds. We have the problem that if we leave the European Union with no deal, on WTO terms, the EU’s tariffs on dairy products, lamb and various other items, which are quite high, immediately kick in. The problem with that, as we discovered when we had the foot-and-mouth epidemic, is that if we cannot export, prices crash. The only logical response from the farming industry, in order to maintain the value of the stock, is to slaughter large herds. There is a paper at the moment in Defra setting out a plan for slaughtering a third of all British sheep in order to maintain the integrity of the market. That is an inevitable consequence of a high tariff obstructing British exports.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4702 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:13:30 »

IF Corbyn was genuinely interested in anything other than himself he would come out with an alternative instead of playing party politics...no wonder he is behind in the polls....

JC is following the party policy decided at Conference... there is the alternative.  To put it succinctly, the policy is do nothing watch the Tories implode and try and force a GE, where the issues can then be put to the vote.

The do nothing bit, is because there is nothing can be done, not being the party of government. Brexit and negotiations are the government's, such as it is.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4703 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:15:29 »

If I was Vince Cable, I'd now be making an open pitch for Labour MPs and voters to switch to the Lib Dems.  Both the Tories and Labour are paralysed.  The time will surely come when natural Lib Dem/Remain voters will have to swallow their pride and look past the Lib Dems' breaking of their Tuition Fees promise in 2010.

Labour being behind in the polls to the Tories at this moment is simply inexcusable, and a sign that something is badly wrong with the leadership.  There needs to be an opposition party in England & Wales that those opposed to the Tories' handling of Brexit can coalesce around - as there is in Scotland.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4704 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:19:26 »

Corbyn will always be a protestor, so to speak. He will always back the underdog. I like him but his place isn't so much as a leader of the country but as a conscientious objector. Politics needs people like that, to ruffle feathers and alert others to their misgivings. What it doesn't need however, is someone who doesn't genuinely want to lead a nation.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:36:39 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4705 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:25:00 »

Labour being behind in the polls to the Tories at this moment is simply inexcusable, and a sign that something is badly wrong with the leadership.  There needs to be an opposition party in England & Wales that those opposed to the Tories' handling of Brexit can coalesce around - as there is in Scotland.
It’s cos very few people want 1970s style policies. They are a niche party, essentially.

If an opposition can’t crack a Tory party in disarray . . .
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4706 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:25:21 »

If I was Vince Cable, I'd now be making an open pitch for Labour MPs and voters to switch to the Lib Dems.  Both the Tories and Labour are paralysed.  The time will surely come when natural Lib Dem/Remain voters will have to swallow their pride and look past the Lib Dems' breaking of their Tuition Fees promise in 2010.

A very sensible prospect. Many get hung up on the media hype surrounding "tuition fees", one thing they forget is when the LibDems were in cahoots with the Tories, they actually stalled a lot of Tory policies at the time. Cameron just had Clegg sewn up like a kipper, scapegoat, whatever...but that is what happens when you sell your soul to the Devil. Thus was Clegg's biggest mistake.

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4707 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:28:23 »

JC is following the party policy decided at Conference...
Are you sure about that....

If I was Vince Cable, I'd now be making an open pitch for Labour MPs and voters to switch to the Lib Dems.  Both the Tories and Labour are paralysed.  The time will surely come when natural Lib Dem/Remain voters will have to swallow their pride and look past the Lib Dems' breaking of their Tuition Fees promise in 2010.

The LD's are still toxic to many, if I were VC I would be quietly talking to Caroline Lucas behind the scenes seeing if some manner of LD/Green tie up could be agreed, with her fronting the new entity. She is pretty much the only politician who has come out of this positively, if they could also get Lammy on board the more the merrier!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4708 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:28:24 »

If we get a GE as should happen, then Cable can put up the LibDems as the Remain party and see how it goes.

Labour is behind atm as the country has moved significantly to the right, whereas Labour has moved slightly to the left... however Labour was 20 points adrift in 2017 and didn't do too badly when campaigning started.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4709 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 16:31:39 »

I told my son that he'll probably be deployed in Northern Ireland if an agreement couldn't be reached.  This is now looking more likely.

Total clusterfuck.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: