Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2014080 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4680 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 20:37:19 »

if the EU grant it.

and they'd probably want something more concrete than 'we want to talk about it a bit more'.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4681 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 20:57:30 »

I would imagine it will be an attempt to try to see what can be got through Parliament, an extension of Art 50 will probably then be required, to allow time.
[/quote
Alternatively we could just leave in March. We've voted for leave over Daves deal, then the house of commons have voted against May's deal. There's no appetite for remain form the people or parliment. Lets just leave in March and save a shit load of money.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 21:42:06 »

Sums it up quite nicely...

https://twitter.com/politicsjoe_uk/status/1085261972063600641?s=21
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4683 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 21:49:48 »

Quote from: Private Fraser

genius!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4684 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 22:11:26 »

you'd think so with that level of majority loss, but she's like the turdinator (a shit one) - keeps coming back up.

Rubbish puns but fixed it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 09:58:21 »

Ah well the merry go round begins again today, Leadsom has already told the Today programme that a)the government won't be delaying the UK's exit from the EU despite Parliament rejecting the PM's Brexit deal and b) that the PM will seek to build wider support for a deal that MPs can back but says there are no plans to hold talks with Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

So no cross party working, no change to the already dead deal and just more of the same pointless rubbish we have endured since December then really.

Its worth comparing the massive support Barnier is getting the the European Parliament https://twitter.com/EU_Commission/status/1085466731391389696 with the lonely manic figure we have clinging to power at whatever cost to the country.

27 countries united and yet even our governing cabinet cannot agree, to sort of echo a well known Mitchell and Webb sketch, do you sometimes think the problem might actually be us? 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4686 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 10:23:20 »

This country is rarely united about anything
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 10:39:24 »

If there`s no deal we leave the Union don`t we?? What happens if we do revert to World Trade rules..great fear surronding this idea but I don`t get what the problem is..look forward to being shouted down by asking this question but no one really explains it when watching the news - which actually have given up on recently as it`s just so full of ego - the country`s interest has long gone by the way side...

Bathtime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4688 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 11:07:05 »

If there`s no deal we leave the Union don`t we?? What happens if we do revert to World Trade rules..great fear surronding this idea but I don`t get what the problem is..look forward to being shouted down by asking this question but no one really explains it when watching the news - which actually have given up on recently as it`s just so full of ego - the country`s interest has long gone by the way side...

WTO impose tariffs on imports and exports, so things likes car parts which cross several borders coming in and out of the UK from the EU, would be subject to several tariff interventions rather frictionless atm.

There would be non tariff barriers to trade with the EU, to do with standards on health and safety etc...as things stand as a member it's assumed these are sorted, as a non member 3rd country checks would need to be applied.

All of these things require an increase in bureaucracy and the need for greater border control, which is expensive and inefficient.

Much of the UK's trade is in services rather than widgets....WTO rules don't really apply here... financial services though don't like losing their passporting rights to the EU, hence why banks etc are moving some operations out of the UK.

In order to gain any benefits from the WTO, we'll need trade deals... within the EU there are already many in place with countries like Japan with others coming on stream, these will need to be renegotiated, so it means getting into bed with the likes of Xi and Trump from a position of weakness, whereas EU membership offers strength.

Although it may be possible to do some helpful trade deals, WTO will inevitably mean loss of EU trade... which as our neighbour and main trade partner is going to cause an economic hit, something like 8% of GDP is bandied about as a figure which is 2008 recession territory.... JRM estimates it might take 50 years for a rebalance and a chance to reap any benefits.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 12:06:13 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4689 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 11:33:11 »

In what I expect will become a stream of football club posts, Borehamwood have come out against the deal.... https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/mps-do-your-duty/

Hmmm Hmmm

Come on Lee tell us who to vote for.  Embarrassed
that would have to be the Swiss option.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4690 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 13:44:28 »

Fuck me, listening to May speak is painful. Its the little smile after every sentence as if shes saying to her self "i thought of that all myself, arent i clever"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4691 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 13:45:47 »

Can't help but think of this.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 14:03:44 »

I noticed that the some on the tory benches were booing when the UN was mentioned within PMQ's, I assume the will of the people will be for us to leave earth next......
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 14:14:02 »

I think that is the default disgusting behaviour of these braying hoorays when the UN report on the poverty in this country is mentioned.  All the tory party do during PMQ's is jeer whilst Maybot avoids answering questions.

Politics in this county really has reached its nadir.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4694 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 14:24:34 »

Fuck me, listening to May speak is painful. Its the little smile after every sentence as if shes saying to her self "i thought of that all myself, arent i clever"

Which is particularly sad as the whole public knows she is not bright enough to think of anything herself, unless it relates to stopping people who don't look or sound like her coming into the country.

Having seen her performance in PMQ's today I generally think we are doomed whilst she remains at the helm. No ideas, no flexibility, no strategy, no charisma, no openness to any ideas which are not hers, completely lacking in any sort of humanity even. I know that Thatcher had this reputation for being a bit of a terror but at least there there did seem to be a degree of personality behind the facade, I suspect May possibly has issues.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: