Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007486 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4605 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 18:16:32 »

Despite mind-reading attempts as to what people should have or wanted to vote for, all those people gave a majority for the UK to leave the EU. Remoaners, remainiacs etc - time to swing behind the leaving process and unify the country.

Serious question, do you honestly think that people who voted against something which has split this country are really going to support something where the government is telling them that jobs will go, we will all be poorer (to whatever degree) and is leading to us, a first world country, having to start stockpiling medicines and the army taking to the streets?

A call for unity might go better if you didn't start it by insulting the people you want to unite behind you?

Yeah that caught my eye as well....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4606 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 18:20:28 »

I'm flattered that you put me in that bracket, Reg.  : )

Probably, yes.  But a move to Scotland (where my other half is from) at some point has moved up the agenda, certainly.  I really don't like what this country (by which I mean England) has become, and feel less at home here than I did.  For me, that's very sad.

I feel very similar, I am a proud Englishman but I am far from proud at what my country has become in the last 5 years, we don't have many options really but I do really hope that Scotland and NI bugger off at the first opportunity if they choose to.

BTW my mate moved from Witney to the Scottish Borders a few years back, best thing he ever did, massive house, lovely countryside he's loving it, although amusingly his eldest who was bought up in Oxon until they moved has a very English accent whilst his Youngest bought up in Scotland is very broad Scottish!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4607 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 18:21:48 »

Its not an insult, its the truth. Oh how I'm enjoying this,Merry Christmas.

I am intrigued to know, out of interest how old are you and what do you do for a living?
Sir red ken

« Reply #4608 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 18:30:30 »

I am intrigued to know, out of interest how old are you and what do you do for a living?
I'm 63 and a retired stock broker. Made a fortune in the 80's and now I live in the country, where I keep the walkers off my land. I love hunting, STFC and baiting commie twats. I feel like I'm on blind date.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #4609 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 18:35:52 »

I see that Fiona Onasanya (Lab Peterborough) has finally been found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

She's a stupid woman (to coin a phrase) but she is also just a single MP who no more reflects the fitness of the labour party to run the country than a Tory caught shagging a rent boy would for the current government.  

The good news is that I'm sure that the Tories will disdain from trying to create any tacky political capital out of this.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4610 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 18:37:21 »

I'm 63 and a retired stock broker. Made a fortune in the 80's and now I live in the country, where I keep the walkers off my land. I love hunting, STFC and baiting commie twats. I feel like I'm on blind date.

Are you jordan belfort
Sir red ken

« Reply #4611 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 19:08:05 »

Are you jordan belfort
No I'm not, I started my working life in a union run factory in Swindon and was a born and raised commie. I paid my union sub and when the time came for them to represent me they hung me out to dry. I tried to cancel my payment and was told it was a closed shop. The same rep who let me down said I'd be a scab and sent to Coventry if I caused any trouble. That was my last day as a commie, I enroled on a degree course in London, stayed at my Grans and worked my arse of in the city. During those years my only connect to Swindon was my STFC season ticket. Since those days I've never voted communist Labour or been a union member.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4612 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 21:39:48 »

Well this is rather amusing.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4613 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 23:47:19 »

He should have just called her a stupid cunt, that changes it from a sexist comment to a factual one.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4614 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 00:15:28 »

He should have just called her a stupid cunt, that changes it from a sexist comment to a factual one.

Agreed.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4615 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 11:11:42 »

If nothing else I did not know that we are not allowed to use parliamentary footage for comedy purposes, you learn something new everyday.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4616 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 11:41:01 »

Watching BBC Parliament is certainly funnier than that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4617 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 11:42:42 »

If nothing else I did not know that we are not allowed to use parliamentary footage for comedy purposes, you learn something new everyday.

I think this gif has been used about a million times....

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4618 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 11:52:49 »

I think this gif has been used about a million times....

Oh Phillip........
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4619 on: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 13:47:03 »

Note he doesn't specify whether its the will of the British or Russian people, but to be fair to the guy he has got to protect his investment.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/20/vladimir-putin-theresa-may-brexit-fulfil-will-of-the-people?
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: