Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2010553 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4500 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:10:51 »

Not give a fuck about what? The May deal is also their deal, leave with no deal or stay are unilateral decisions.

Oh wait, you mean renegotiate/investigate a Canada/Norway+ don't you? In which case you are quite right.
Yes, we've spent 2 years coming up with a withdrawal agreement. I'm not alone in thinking it's a shit deal but why the fuck would the EU listen to other ideas now.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4501 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:27:26 »

"David Cameron 'advising Theresa May on options' if deal rejected"
What would that advice involve?  "Quit & run off into the sunset as fast as you can like I did"

I come from a land down-under
REDBUCK

« Reply #4502 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 14:04:24 »

I was more referring to the proposal to re-engage Cameron in the fuck up he created in the first place. Cameron and May working together to resolve Brexit - what could possibly go wrong?

No worries, I've heard she doesn't listen to others.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4503 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 14:41:59 »

This is where your tax is going.   

The European Union’s highest grade of civil servants will be paid more than €20,000 euros (£18,000) a month for the first time, after EU salaries and pensions were increased retroactively from July 1 this year.

The increase means that Jean-Claude Juncker, the president of the European Commission and Donald Tusk, the president of the European Council, will earn about €32,700 euros a month, about €550 more than previously. The increase, meant to cover the cost of living, is equivalent to €6,600 a year.

No wonder people want to get on the gravy train.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4504 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:02:58 »

it's not that high for a head honcho really, bit like the PM's wage isn't
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4505 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:12:15 »

Incoming!

Comrade Corbyn

‘And so Mr Speaker, if the Prime Minister does not announce the date for the final vote immediately and with the vote taken promptly, I will table a motion;

"That this House has no confidence in the Prime Minister due to her failure to allow the House of Commons to have a meaningful vote straight away on the withdrawal agreement and framework for the future relationship between the UK and the EU."
« Last Edit: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:14:06 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4506 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:17:27 »

Jeremy's woken up!

Not before time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4507 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:17:43 »

Incoming!

Comrade Corbyn

‘And so Mr Speaker, if the Prime Minister does not announce the date for the final vote immediately and with the vote taken promptly, I will table a motion;

"That this House has no confidence in the Prime Minister due to her failure to allow the House of Commons to have a meaningful vote straight away on the withdrawal agreement and framework for the future relationship between the UK and the EU."

Probably mean in the event of a vote the 100 odd Tories who had no conficence in the PM last week woulld suddenly find it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4508 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:22:16 »

Appears, actually, that this is not a conventional no confidence motion.  The Guardian is calling it a gimmick.

As you were...
normy

Ignore
« Reply #4509 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:24:22 »

I haven't seen any estimated figures for benefits in the event of a No Deal versus what we we get in the EU as now. Am I right that on 1st April 2019 we would retain the £39 billion, stop paying in to the EU budget, get on with free trade deals a lot quicker, and perhaps reduce out balance of payments deficit with the EU?

On the other side, how much would we lose because of our dependence on frictionless trade with EU?  Just asking, I don't get economics.  Angry

ust be the oldest
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4510 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:36:00 »

I haven't seen any estimated figures for benefits in the event of a No Deal versus what we we get in the EU as now. Am I right that on 1st April 2019 we would retain the £39 billion, stop paying in to the EU budget, get on with free trade deals a lot quicker, and perhaps reduce out balance of payments deficit with the EU?

On the other side, how much would we lose because of our dependence on frictionless trade with EU?  Just asking, I don't get economics.  Angry

The £39bn payment (or payments, because it would be paid over a period of decades) covers the costs of existing commitments that the UK made while a member.  The only people suggesting that this might be withheld - at least that I'm aware of - are hard Brexiters.  We would be defaulting on existing commitments.  It isn't going to happen.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4511 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:44:30 »

New debate for the meaningless vote 7th Jan. Vote during following week.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4512 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:47:22 »

On the other side, how much would we lose because of our dependence on frictionless trade with EU?  Just asking, I don't get economics.  Angry

It's estimated the cost of no deal would be £160 billion..... if evenly spread, which it won't be,  6K per UK household.

However this was pointed out at the time of the ref and people voted to make themselves poorer. Quite radical really and why the decision deserves respect.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4513 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:47:39 »

Corbyn didn't create this crisis, but he's helping to perpetuate it.  If May is allowed to go home for Christmas without having put the deal on offer to a vote, people will quite rightly ask why Corbyn failed so abjectly to bring this to a head.  The idea that everyone heads off at the end of this week and the whole situation gets put on hold until next year is insane.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4514 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 15:50:48 »

It's estimated the cost of no deal would be £160 billion..... if evenly spread, which it won't be,  6K per UK household.

However this was pointed out at the time of the ref and people voted to make themselves poorer. Quite radical really and why the decision deserves respect.

Pointed out by some, and flatly rejected by others.  The loudest message was that we would be £350m/week better off as a result of contributions saved.  So your following point ('Quite radical...') doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: