Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2007531 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4485 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 23:40:07 »

That ship sailed some time ago, we are living in a post-fuse age

"Blowit means Blowit"

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sir red ken

« Reply #4486 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 07:54:08 »

You do realise Reg is the biggest lefty on here don't you? Deeply special
Was the biggest lefty, he's read that being a commie is bad and come over from the dark side.
Even supports a real brexit, makes all my work worthwhile. Like all reformed lefties he's love life with his new title of Sir Reg.
Flashheart

« Reply #4487 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 08:10:44 »

Good god this cunt is tedious.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4488 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 08:40:12 »

No one minded when we joined the eu and it tanked our economy...…………

You do know that for our period of EU membership the UK's GDP growth per capita - up to the referendum - had outstripped Germany's (you now the country for whose benefit your ilk parrot that the EU is run ) AND that of the USA's (the supposedly alt right, free market beacon to whom the likes of Farage and Fox are so beholden)

Your ignorance is only matched by your "belief".

Sir red ken

« Reply #4489 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 08:55:01 »

Good god this cunt is tedious.
Thanks that's the best thing you've ever ssaid about me.
Sir red ken

« Reply #4490 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 08:58:53 »

You do know that for our period of EU membership the UK's GDP growth per capita - up to the referendum - had outstripped Germany's (you now the country for whose benefit your ilk parrot that the EU is run ) AND that of the USA's (the supposedly alt right, free market beacon to whom the likes of Farage and Fox are so beholden)

Your ignorance is only matched by your "belief".

Open your eyes and look at the state of the eu ponzi scheme. Greece broke, Spain broke, Italy basket case, France burning and Germany in recession. The future is bright but its not failed communisum.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4491 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 09:18:31 »

The sheer amount of double think required to unironically state that more votes = less democracy is staggering.

Get new arguments, because that one is fucking shit.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4492 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:25:16 »

Open your eyes and look at the state of the eu ponzi scheme. Greece broke, Spain broke, Italy basket case, France burning and Germany in recession. The future is bright but its not failed communisum.

It is ironic that you see the EU as a Ponzi Scheme, SRK whilst being a cheerleader against regulation.

By 2008 banks and bankers were earning amazing, booming returns by trading derivatives pregnant with junk property bonds. That was the bubble, the Ponzi scheme if you like.  Greed (human nature) allied to lack of regulation..  Who wouldn't bet for free if someone else would pay the stake and the taxpayer was there to underwite disaster?

I'm no saint and, in that position, I could well be condemning regulation and anti the EU's predisposition towards it

The losers were comfortable and wealthier private investors, ordinary hard working Joes investing in pensions, taxpayers funding bank bail outs, users of depleted public services such as the NHS as well as the most vulnerable.  Most of us are in that category.  Like you, I like economic freedom but there is a tipping point where liking it makes you personally no more than a cap doffer to the elite.

As for Germany, Italy, France, Spain and Greece, I give you Northern Ireland, West Wales and the North East in the UK and Wyoming, Louisiana, West Virginia etc in the USA.  Not sure why  Wink

« Last Edit: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:28:06 by RedRag » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4493 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:46:36 »

Oh Jesus, it can get worse!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46592394
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4494 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:50:11 »

There is talk atm of trying to sift through a number of options that might get a majority of MP's to vote for it.... would have made sense to do it 2 years ago, to take it off to Bruxelles as a negotiating position.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4495 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:54:33 »

the pig farmers will be rejoicing
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4496 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:59:52 »

There is talk atm of trying to sift through a number of options that might get a majority of MP's to vote for it.... would have made sense to do it 2 years ago, to take it off to Bruxelles as a negotiating position.
I was more referring to the proposal to re-engage Cameron in the fuck up he created in the first place. Cameron and May working together to resolve Brexit - what could possibly go wrong?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4497 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 12:59:58 »

I see Hungary, that bastion of EU defiance who closed their doors to immigrants (at a time when they have a higher death than birth rate and a net migration deficit) and anti-EU regulations, are trying to push trhough new laws to enable companies to all but demand people work 400 hours of overtime with payment deferred.  Something we could easily see here with a hard brexit, a loosening of those pesky labour laws that the the EU enforced to ensure social policy was consistent.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4498 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:02:07 »

Totally pointless voting on options as the EU will not give the slightest fuck. As a nation we are embarrassing ourselves and the EU have every right to tell us to go fuck ourselves, which they are enjoying doing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4499 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 13:08:03 »

Totally pointless voting on options as the EU will not give the slightest fuck.

Not give a fuck about what? The May deal is also their deal, leave with no deal or stay are unilateral decisions.

Oh wait, you mean renegotiate/investigate a Canada/Norway+ don't you? In which case you are quite right.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: