Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2012968 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4380 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 18:30:15 »

The much missed Rik Mayall..... his Alan B'Stard, just about got it right on being a Tory MP.

ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #4381 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 18:39:52 »

Ultimately to try and suggest that Magic Grandpa is not, at least to a degree, culpable in the present shambles is cultist of the highest nature

Agree. A caller to LBC this morning had an interesting variant on this: he argued that Labour under Milliband, while supposedly pro-EU, failed to sell the benefits of Europe as strongly as Blair and Brown had done. Meaning that once the Referendum campaign began, the Leave campaign started off in a much stronger position (even more so after the Aaron Banks and other dodgy money swelled their coffers, and the Russian bots turbocharged their Facebook campaign).

I find it odd that the likes of David Lammie and Caroline Lucas haven't brought up the questionable legality of the referendum vote when they've been calling for a People's Vote. By the time the Met put handcuffs on Banks, it will probably be too late.

* Crimescene.jpg (157.41 KB, 1138x584 - viewed 59 times.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 18:47:23 by ReadingRed » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4382 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 18:48:24 »

Agree. A caller to LBC this morning had an interesting variant on this: he argued that Labour under Milliband, while supposedly pro-EU, failed to sell the benefits of Europe as strongly as Blair and Brown had done. Meaning that once the Referendum campaign began, the Leave campaign started off in a much stronger position (even more so after the Aaron Banks and other dodgy money swelled their coffers, and the Russian bots turbocharged their Facebook campaign).

I find it odd that the likes of David Lammie and Caroline Lucas haven't brought up the questionable legality of the referendum vote when they've been calling for a People's Vote. By the time the Met put handcuffs on Banks, it will probably be too late.
So what about the £9,000,000 leaflet to all households from the government. That wasn't covered in any remain referendum spending?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4383 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 20:58:24 »

200 v 117

quite a sizeable no confidence vote, but she'll carry on, it's the will of her party after all
Combe Up

« Reply #4384 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 21:17:33 »

I've just booked March 29th off work. Independence Day!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4385 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 21:18:37 »

200 v 117

quite a sizeable no confidence vote, but she'll carry on, it's the will of her party after all

2 of those Tories had the whip reinstated especially so they could vote, whilst currently suspended over sexual misbehaviour allegations.
Combe Up

« Reply #4386 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 21:22:57 »

Which way did they vote?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4387 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 21:32:56 »

2 of those Tories had the whip reinstated especially so they could vote, whilst currently suspended over sexual misbehaviour allegations.

And?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4388 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 22:39:04 »

Quote from: Combe Up
Which way did they vote?
who knows, it's a secret ballot.

sextextpest said he was supporting May
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4389 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 23:04:41 »

The much missed Rik Mayall..... his Alan B'Stard, just about got it right on being a Tory MP.

That never gets old.  Pretty sure Boris has modelled his speeches on this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4390 on: Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 23:12:28 »

117 is a sizeable lack of confidence for her. She'll continue because she's a stubborn fish. Except this only leads me to think that the 117 gives support for Labour to call a Vote of No Confidence in the government.

The question is;

Why the fuck would anyone want to be the leader of the country, in this absolute shitter of a situation?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4391 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 07:04:39 »

The Tory MPs have voted up keep May as leader.  It's the will of Tory MPs

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Sir red ken

« Reply #4392 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 07:50:48 »

The Tory MPs have voted up keep May as leader.  It's the will of Tory MPs
I wanted May gone and that's not what happenend, so we need another vote, so we/I get the correct result this time.
I'm calling it the MP's vote, MP's never knew what they were voting for the first time. The people of westminster are to thick to understand the ballot paper. JRM overspent and now Westminster is facing a cliff edge, some MP's are very upset because they were promised unicorns. One day later everything is different because it hasn't rained yet, they couldn't have known this last night when voting. Unemployment will reach 50 million and we'll have no drinking water, food stocks will run out and circus clowns will stop visiting from europe due to visa restrictions.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4393 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 08:07:37 »

I wanted May gone and that's not what happenend, so we need another vote, so we/I get the correct result this time.
I'm calling it the MP's vote, MP's never knew what they were voting for the first time. The people of westminster are to thick to understand the ballot paper. JRM overspent and now Westminster is facing a cliff edge, some MP's are very upset because they were promised unicorns. One day later everything is different because it hasn't rained yet, they couldn't have known this last night when voting. Unemployment will reach 50 million and we'll have no drinking water, food stocks will run out and circus clowns will stop visiting from europe due to visa restrictions.
It should be 'too thick'.  Too Cool

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4394 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 08:11:39 »

I wanted May gone <snipped bullshit>

That was already the second vote. They voted for her once after Cameron left. It seems the Tory party are allowed to change their minds if something is shit.

JRM has already called on her to resign. Even with >60% of the vote. Its the will of the party she stays.

blah blah blah
====
Marvelous result. It puts the ERG back in their box for 12 months. She could of course be ousted by parliament anyway. Probably will.

But that's only going to remove risk of a harder Brexit, because our sovereign democracy parliament can see that a fools gold hard Brexit is the worst outcome for the United Kindom.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 08:14:26 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: